Need help with tactics against wolves

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Cocolli

Need help with tactics against wolves

Post by Cocolli » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:14 am

So I've been playing a lot of the mods for Lugaru, and I've greatly enjoyed all of them! However every time I get to a map with 3 or more wolves I simply can not hold my own. I have been stuck for quite awhile on many of these levels, and am wondering if any of you could share some tips or strategies on how to deal with these enemies.

I hope that no one has made a similar thread, and I sincerely apologize if someone has.

Thank you very much for your time!

Ragdollmaster

Re: Need help with tactics against wolves

Post by Ragdollmaster » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:01 pm

Case A: If you're unarmed, you usually won't be able to beat wolves by sheer strength. Use a lot of jump-flips followed up by spin-kicks, and you'll beat them into submission quickly enough. This tactic works even against multiple wolves, albeit slowly, because flipping in mid-air confuses anyone close enough to see you. As soon as you land and give the kick, make sure to jump and flip. Flip as soon as you jump- even if you're high in the air, if you haven't flipped, a wolf might drag you down.

Case B: If you have a knife, beating a wolf is a little easier, but not by much. More often than not they will disarm you when you try slashing them, and as they are highly agile, throwing it at them sometimes won't work. However, if you do manage to hit them with a thrown knife, immediately roll over the fallen wolf and use the weapon pick-up key (I think "Q"? I haven't played in a while :() to rip the knife out of their chest and kill them instantly. Another thing you can do is, with your knife sheathed, flip behind a wolf, pull out the knife quickly, and cut their throat.

Case C: With a sword, killing wolves is trivial. Just flip behind the wolf with the sword taken out- as they will not dodge when you have a sword, unlike when you have a knife- and backstab for an instant kill.

Case D: With a staff, use the quick attack (stand still and hold down the attack button) to knock a wolf over. Then run over and beat his fallen body until he stops moving. If you find yourself being disarmed, flip behind the wolf first and then knock him down.

Hope this helps :)

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Also, the wall-kick attack works well when there's too many enemies to fight normally. Run at a wall-like object, hold attack while wall-jumping off the object, and if there's an enemy behind you you should spin around and kick him in the face.

Lugaru's a tough cookie when it comes to figuring out how to beat multiple enemies. You kinda just have to play until you learn exactly what makes enemies tick.

Sandurz

Post by Sandurz » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:29 am

Unarmed against multiple wolves is really easy if you're not going for points. Just have two or more follow you and get them right next to each other. Then jump/flip and rabbit kick them into each other. If you do it right, one will hit the other and they're both insta-killed.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:05 pm

Sandurz wrote:Unarmed against multiple wolves is really easy if you're not going for points. Just have two or more follow you and get them right next to each other. Then jump/flip and rabbit kick them into each other. If you do it right, one will hit the other and they're both insta-killed.
Actually, insta-KO'd. They will still be alive.

Sandurz

Post by Sandurz » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:02 pm

Ragdollmaster wrote:
Sandurz wrote:Unarmed against multiple wolves is really easy if you're not going for points. Just have two or more follow you and get them right next to each other. Then jump/flip and rabbit kick them into each other. If you do it right, one will hit the other and they're both insta-killed.
Actually, insta-KO'd. They will still be alive.
One of them is insta dead. I just checked. The other is KO'd.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:30 pm

On Insane?