Lugaru Text RP: The Decrepit Epoch of Ruin

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Ragdollmaster

Re: Lugaru Text RP: The Decrepit Epoch of Ruin

Post by Ragdollmaster » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:10 pm

The systemic slaughter was practically effortless- wolves yelped and scrambled as knives flew in and finished off the blinded creatures. After only perhaps a half of a minute, a deathly calm settled over the cave, and nothing within stirred. As the smoke cleared, the group peered inside: even in the darkness, freshly spilled blood was easily discernible. It seemed as though every occupant had been silenced...

Then, a harsh bark sounded from within the cave, followed by more barks- evidently a few wolves had survived at the back of the den. "Get ready!" It was already too late to finish off what remained of the wolves with knives, so the party fell back a few meters away from the cave and awaited the wolf offensive. In the small lip of the cave lit by moonlight reared a giant- the wolf's appearance was deathly and fear inspiring. Black fur coated his muscular frame, accented by sharp golden eyes that seemed to glow in the dark. Claws the size of knives protruded from his hands and feet. Everything about the wolf radiated power- even his thick tail looked as though it could cause serious damage.

"The alpha of the pack..." Lotus murmured. Behind the alpha emerged three more wolves, all battle-scarred and rippling with power. They stood an entire head shorter than the alpha wolf, but they were by no means small- even Ren barely stood taller than they did. The beasts growled and grunted as they advanced forward, wary of the weapons that bristled in front of them.

Noz

Post by Noz » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:05 pm

Setting: Kitchra, Chantre.

The city inherited an eerie glow in the early stages of sunset. This began the nightly rounds of thieving and murder. Both are common practices in the deep parts of Kitchra. However, a more strange variety of criminal was roaming the streets at this time. His ears had been almost completely severed, and his tail was completely gone. He relied on sense of sight, like a cat, and his sense of smell, like a wolf. He wore a small rag around his midsection to maintain his decency. However, he had hardly any decency to maintain. He was a cold blooded killer. He could murder a litter of young for a scrap of food with no sympathy. He had no use for sympathy, it provided no food for his stomach, and no clothing for his back. He had killed more with his small bone knife in 3 years than some city guard veterans had killed with their swords in 20.

The night was warm, and many were still out. Slave trafficking was a profitable market in this city, and many were involved. And tonight, the slave trade was bustling with activity in the public houses of the lower city. The prized possessions of most traders were young cats. Each was worth at least a month of food. Tonight, Fencher Dolmatre, roamed the streets searching for a nobleman to murder and strip down. However, he would settle for even the poorest urchin to stick between the ribs. The night was open with endless possibilities and an even greater number of citizens.

Indigo

Post by Indigo » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:28 am

-------------------------------
No offense, but other people will be able to learn from this before they start rp'ing here.
Please wait for your biography to be accepted But besides that. Good biography, a few small things that are confusing, or could confuse some people like. "Being Small --- And then Unusually tall".
You're in :P

No one will be waiting forever to have their biography accepted. Because besides Janro i think i'm the one checking this thread the most, since i am the author, that would make sense.
-------------------------------
Oh btw you confused me with your location and such.
Is Chantre another smaller location, or did you think of Chante [As the main area]
------------------
And to you Janro if you read this. You have to go to the previous page to see my response. Just in case you got confused ;)
---------

Janro

Post by Janro » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:54 am

Xinal paused after entering the trees. He sniffed the air once more, having a hard time spotting the rabbit despite his enhanced night vision. As he walked on he called out at the top of his lungs. "Lucy?" The sound of an object whipping through the air reached his ears. It was over as soon as it began and so the cat didn't mind. What concerned him though was that the smell just got stronger.

"Lucy?" The tabby spotted a group of figures in the distance. Although he couldn't quite tell who they were at this distance. "Is that you? Need any help?" His feet just narrowly miss tripping over a tree root. He'd have to be doubly careful here, the cat thought to himself. He approaches the group, one of the members slowly but surely registers as someone familiar in his mind.

Indigo

Post by Indigo » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:01 am

A few men chuckled, and Something furry, yet wet and slipper were tossed to Xinal.

It was the head of Lucy, and Tess let out a shriek of horror when she saw it.

Janro

Post by Janro » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:13 am

Xinal caught the object out of reflex and felt something wet spread across his clothes when it came to rest between his arms and chest. He held it up to look at it. He was indeed staring into the eyes of Lucy. A gasp of surprise escaped his maw. It took him a few moments before he calmly set down the head on the floor. With a gentle motion of his fingers he closed her eyes.

"Rest in peace." He meowed softly before standing up. "Tess stay back." He handed her one of his two sticks before looking at the group.

The tabby crouched and used his legs to spring forward into a run, unsheathing his sword in the process. The bell around his neck rang loudly but he cared not for the noise. His gaze locked onto the most isolated individual of the 'raiders' and striked with a slash to the left and followed up with a roundhouse kick spinning in the opposite direction.

Indigo

Post by Indigo » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:47 am

One of the armored dogs shot a hand out towards Xinal to grab him by the throat, and ín the process his hand was severed by the plateless wrist, and he tumbled to the ground. Squirming with agony.

As the other dogs charged on with Carbon to attack Xinal, something ripping through the air could be heard. Three raider dogs along with Carbon, that sneaky rat, were hit in either the the neck or the head by a couple of gracefully well placed arrows.

A light voice spoke from a near by hill, and there stood a dog in the finest chainmail holding a bow, and two other dogs by his side.

It was the commander of the Anvil's forces.

And the raiders quickly noticed that, running off to where ever they came from.
---------

"Cowards"

He turned to look at Xinal "Identify your self, or consider your self my foe 'cat'"

Janro

Post by Janro » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:58 am

The cat stumbled a bit a hand shooting up for his neck thinking for a moment that he was almost choked again. An experience he's not keen on experiencing again. It took the cat a moment to realize that the raiders were running for it. Except for those that have already fallen. Among them Carbon and Xinal stepped back in surprise. He heard a voice call out to him and instantly replied as he looked up to find three dogs.

"I'm Xinal. I am no threat." The cat took one step back, crouching slightly. He sets his arms to his side after setting his sword into the ground. The ears on the side of his face flattened trying to look as small and less intimidating as he could. It dawned on the feline that the fight he was trying to get himself into was a bit more than he could chew. He figured he'd probably die from a blind side attack or someone choking him.

"Thank you for saving me."

Indigo

Post by Indigo » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:12 am

"We did not save you cat, but the girl" He pointed a finger to Tess.

"Now i'll ask you once. Who are you with, and why have you crossed the borders to chante leading to the Anvil. Cat's are forbidden near the borders...And that bell. You better have a good explanation" The dog strung up another arrow, ready to let it fly anytime if he found the cat suspicious, out of the ordinary.

Janro

Post by Janro » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:27 am

Xinal fell silent before dropping to his knees, trying his best look not intimidating or threatening. It's a gesture that slaves, at least from where he came form, do when they are being confronted by their masters. "I came here travelling with Azuan of the Caeli Empire." The tabby explained. His breathing slightly increased as panic started to set in. "He has not fully shared with me his purposes for coming to Anvil. I just volunteered to accompany him." In all honesty the cat couldn't recall if Azuan did tell him why he was coming out here. If he did, the cat just forgot it in the midst of the moment.

What bothered Xinal more was that cat's like him were forbidden. I'm gonna die aren't I? He thought to himself.
Last edited by Janro on Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Indigo

Post by Indigo » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:36 am

The Dog kept the arrow aimed at Xinal for a moment before exchanging some silent whispering with his henchmen.

"Rest with ease, man of Tonerre. Stand, and take us to the royal blood" Tess put a hand on Xinal, looking worried due to his behavior.

The arrow how ever weren't aimed at Xinal anymore, but to the top of a tree. As it was released, and dived in between the Pine's branches a shriek of pain was heard, and a raider scout dived to the ground, face first. Dead.
-------------
// Might wanna change that Chante to Caeli ;D Can't blame you, it's hard to remember such wierd names.

Janro

Post by Janro » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:43 am

Xinal felt a hand on his shoulder and he looked up to find Tess. Then his head snapped to look at the raider scout that fell face flat onto the ground.

At the order the cat stood up, a relived look on his face as he turned to lead them back to the camp.

Indigo

Post by Indigo » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:49 am

The tiger looked surprised when the six of them arrived.

"Basil ?" The dog smiled a bit

"It is good to see you too Azuan"

Janro

Post by Janro » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:54 am

Xinal stepped to one side and bowed his head allowing the dogs a clear path to the tiger. He kept silent save for the bell that just gave off a slight tone as he felt a relatively strong gust of wind pass by.

Indigo

Post by Indigo » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:16 am

The dog laughed a bit "Have you come to send more troops from the Anvil on suicide missions?"

"Oh no, this time will be different. I've the old team back together, i just need to get a hold of Lucy again. Carbon ran off somewhere in the woods. But besides that we're... He looke Basil, who's facial expression were that of a scorned friend.

"Lucy was cut down in the forrest by a group of raiders. Carbon went too far this time, that greedy fool. You'll have to find a new chemistry expert, because i shot Carbon..."

Azuan looked at Xinal "She's dead ? That's terrible, she shouldn't have wandered off like that."

He shook his head. "So now i'm stuck with a rogue cat, and a rebellious teen... "

The dog gave Azuan a friendly pat on the back "Don't worry, the emperor promised to support any attempt to take down Sezuan didn't he."