Lugaru Text RP: The Decrepit Epoch of Ruin

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Ragdollmaster

Re: Lugaru Text RP: The Decrepit Epoch of Ruin

Post by Ragdollmaster » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:47 am

Nice bio, Janro :)

(Beginning location: South Harkonen, with a small band of mercenaries.)

Stellos groggily came awake in the afternoon sunlight. He had been able to get some sleep in a shallow cave located not too far from the main camp, but it was now time to leave again. He unhinged himself from the ceiling and nimbly dropped on the floor- he preferred to walk when it was not necessary to fight. Although trained as an assassin, Stellos did not have a naturally reclusive personality; on the contrary, he was lighthearted and outgoing when he wasn't engaged in combat.

As he emerged from the gaping maw of the cavern, he sighted the other members of his fighting party. The leader of the party- in title, if not in skill- was a tall and imposing cat by the name of Renoe. Like many of his kind, Renoe was a proud and wealthy descendant of a pureblood line- an Abyssinian, a species with a preternatural royal air about them. However, Renoe was no spoiled heir; he was a warrior through and through. With a long, thin katana enclosed in the sheath at his side, he gave off a dominant and powerful aura, reinforced by the chainmail armor visible beneath his finely embroidered and adorned cloak.

Next to Renoe was his oldest son, Pierre. While not as dignified as his warrior father, he made up for his lack of experience with his keen eagerness and natural skill. To his mother, it seemed as though just yesterday he had been a youngling; but his appraising father was more aware of his talents and his desire to make a name for himself. He was also aware that if Pierre didn't hone his skills while he was young, his potential would slowly ebb and fade. Thus, he had taken him along on this journey.

Behind the father and son stood the rest of the warriors- mercenaries like Stellos. He was the only bat in the group, selected for his reconnaissance abilities, and the others were similarly selected for their own unique specializations. There stood two dogs, brothers, called Ren and Ben. They were large for their species, even standing equal to or taller than many wolves. Their imposing size was backed up by their skill with heavy weapons like spears and other pole-arms: even as Stellos watched, both were cleaning their halberds and preparing for the next part of the journey. They seemed nearly identical in their appearance and movements, and he idly wondered if they were twins.

A little distance away from the camp, there was a rabbit known as Lily, crouched and collecting water from a nearby stream. It was covered with a thin layer of ice, and she had had to first smash it open using a heavy-tipped sword. She was a bit of an oddity; there existed female rabbit warriors, but they were few and far between. As if this distinction wasn't enough to mark her as strange, unlike most rabbits, she relished in using heavier weapons such as the short hacking sword she had at her side. Stellos recalled seeing a battle axe outside of a tent the night before- he had assumed at the time that it belonged to one of the brothers, but now it dawned on him that the proud owner of that beastly weapon might be Lily. She glanced up and caught him staring at her, causing her to grin and wink. That was another odd thing about Lily- to say that she was flirtatious would be an understatement. The girl practically hit on every male creature she saw, regardless of their species.

Laying asleep in the middle of the camp, stretched out like a feral, was a wolf named Enzo. He had been abandoned as a youngling because his pack had determined him weak, mainly due to the fact that he refused to fight with the other pups. This wasn't out of fear or weakness, however; Enzo was just amiable by nature. After being abandoned, he barely survived a harsh snow storm on Mount Igneous. He was miraculously saved when he emerged from the cave, tired, weakened, and hungry, and found the carcass of a rat frozen from the storm. He gorged greedily and advanced down the mountain until he reached the Harkonen/Chante border, where he was discovered by a patrol of rabbit soldiers. Though they'd initially wanted to attack him, he explained his predicament, and they instead accepted him into their small bordertown. As he aged, Enzo grew strong and gained a reputation as a fierce fighter despite his normally pacifist nature. While he liked or at least tolerated most creatures, he held a deep hatred for his own race- excluding intelligent exiles like himself.

As Stellos reached the camp, the brothers finished shining their weapons, Lily returned with water, Enzo shook himself awake, and Renoe and Pierre finished packing up the supplies. Renoe spoke up: "Come on then, everyone, we're leaving. That wolf den has to be nearby. They've been sending attacks against small villages on the border, raiding towns for their food and equipment. Most of these cities have been too small to retaliate, but as you all know, the fools made the mistake of assaulting my palazzo a week ago. I will not forgive these beasts for slaughtering my two younger sons. Leave no survivors."

The group began to move north again. Stellos took to the sky, relishing the crisp, cool, fresh air of the mountains, and began to fly towards the nearest cliff. He intended to fully use what daylight remained; although his keen eyes could find dens in the dark, it would be easier to spot a wolf out during the day than it would be to look for a tiny black spot shrouded in the darkness of a mountain. Their attack would come at night; his responsibility at the moment was to find that den.
Last edited by Ragdollmaster on Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Indigo

Post by Indigo » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:29 pm

----------------------
Up northeast of Avestris close to the border to Chante & Harkonen
Tavern: The Rogue and Hawk
---------

Azuan was off duty, busy sharpening his fathers most treasured blade 'Keehla'.
He watched the people in the tavern, as they conversed with each other.
His booth was dim lit by a lantern. One of the Taverns young --a bit too young-- 'joygirls' took a seat
opposite of him in the booth. Her name was Tess, a brown and grey coated Rabbit.
She had managed to make friends with the former prince, even though it was only to a certain degree.
He did have a soft spot for the teen, but did not display it alot. He would often try and convince her to quit her job at the bar, calling it wrong and bizzare. Words she did not actualy understand very well.

She put her hands on the table, leaning over to rest her head on top of them. Watching the feline give the katana maintenance. She broke the silence " Don't you ever get bored of that". He did not avert his gaze from the blade for a second, but simply replied "No...". She looked to the door as a group of local raiders from the high north entered the tavern covered in snow. One was bleeding pretty badly from his shoulder, another carried his mate who's throat looked like it was about to spit the wind pipe out. In few seconds the floor and a table was smeared in blood from the small group. Dina the female bartender, a tabby cat started yelling and scolding the group for bleeding all over her place. One of the taverns girls ran for help even though it would be treating raiders wounds. It would be interesting to hear from them what happened. After Dina calmed down and
Tess was upstairs trying not to throw up all over the place. Azuan made it over to the table, to question the seemingly healthy raider. "What's this about, no one around usualy bothers to attack raiders" The Rat was rambling as his rabbit companion were busy trying to keep his mate from bleeding to death. A doctor and three larger rodents appeared to aid the raiders. Azuan grabbed the rambling rat by his collar, pulling him to his feet "Snap out of it you pathetic whelp, and answer my question" The rat blinked a few times before making direct eye contact with the tiger.
"Wolves, at the border to Chante and Harkonen attacked us. We were just about to setup a camp for the night. A terrible storm hit us, and we couldn't see anything. I turn around to find Thane, when." The rat looks to his wounded friends, trailing off to his mumbling again. Azuan shoved the raider into the chair. "Who would be stupid enough to march around outside the borders like that anyway. You make your self a potential meal. Idiots" Dina folded her hands in front of her,
looking at Azuan as if she were about to say something. The feline turned towards the exit, pulling his robe on heading for the door. " Drakan promised to stay from the borders, you just can't trust wolves can you " He growled to him self. Dina followed Azuan with her eyes "Where are you going, and what about these idiots." He tied Keehla's strap around his belt making sure the katana was secure. " I'll send damund to get these three, i'm going up into the highlands to find Drakan"
He simply left the Tavern without another word.

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:13 pm

--
For simplicity Imagine my character in the image of my avatar.
--

Lotus opened his eyes and quietly stood. The morning was misty, there has been a storm the night before. He picked his way past his companion, and crouched to move through the small door. He had found an old friend, now a hobo, who took him in from the storm. The cluster of shelters was situated in a small hollow of a thick oak forest, offering a modicum of shielding from the rains.

Lotus walked up the path out to the edge of a ravine between the mountain he stood upon and the smaller foothill below. He could see over the hill and off to the horizon, over a thin veil of fog just dusting the tops of the trees. The sun peaked over the tips of the trees, and Lotus placed a hand over his heart. Here everything disappeared, and only after the sun was fully up over the horizon did he turn away.

On his way back he heard a quick howl and a few barks ahead of him, but he did not quicken his pace. There were more sounds of panic, and smashing, more barking, then screams. Lotus drew a deep breath before rounding the last bend. Wolves had attacked the small commune, and destroyed many of the structures.

One thing about the wolves, Lotus thought, was that they never used fire. Lotus had all of his belongings with him at all times, tucked away into his cloak. He kept walking, and took a small device out of his pocket. He drew his seax knife, which had two circular cutouts that he know fitted with matching pitchwood that he had soaked in stinkwater from a bog. He know began to work the device, which began spitting spitting sparks onto the wooden insets.

They caught flame and Lotus turned the sword over and over until they were ablaze. He had reached the hollow now, and the wolves noticed him. He walked holding the sword out to one side, swinging it in easy circles. One of the braver wolves charged him, and he threw a small ampule of stinkwater at the wolf. It burst on the wolf's shoulder as he feral ran toward Lotus. Lotus angled his sword down and lunged forward, becoming parallel to the ground, as the wolf tried to tackle him. He flew gracefully over the lunging wolf, and let his sword glide into the wolf's shoulder.

Lotus tumbled into a roll back onto his feet and kept moving forward, still making easy circles with the flaming sword. The wolf, who had been splashed with stinkwater, had burst into flames and was now rolling around howling and clutching at his shoulder. Lotus flashed ominous looks at the other wolves, and stopped walking once he reached the center of the hollow.

The wolves had retreated to the edge of the trees, and now many turned and ran. Lotus stood still, except of the motion of his sword. Wolves are easy to discourage, Lotus thought, as the rest of the wolves retreated. Lotus turned, and as he did, the flaming wolf lunged at him again. This time, Lotus brought his sword up and across the wolf's neck.

It's head dropped to the ground, and the blood from the heavy blow extinguished the flaming insets in Lotus' sword. He punched them out with his thumb, then ran the edge of his cloak over the small sword. He sheathed it and walked to his friends shelter, which had been half-smashed.When he looked inside through the hole in the wall, he saw his friends carcass, mostly eaten by the wolves.

Lotus walked up the trail again and looked to the sun. It had moved a bit, and now the fog was mostly gone. Looking out he could see what he thought was the Harkonen empire, and a small group moving along a ridge a few hills ahead. There was movement in the sky as well, Lotus believed he saw a bird flying toward a cliff ahead of, and closer to the Harkonen empire than the group on the ridge. Lotus took his gaze away from the distance, and looked down the mountain in front of him. He sighed and began jogging down the trail toward the next hill.

There may have been survivors back at the chante town, but he did not know them. Even if he did, he did not have the supply of herbs that he usually carried, and would not have been much help. As he thought of these things, he noticed a bush of one of his favorite herbs and snatched a handful of it as he passed by. He would continue to do this as he traveled up the next hill and on, until his supply was full again.

Indigo

Post by Indigo » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:54 pm

Alright time to create some encounters soon. I wanna make it clear that i RP all off the characters in my bio. Well those of family ofcourse.
-----------------

Multiply messages had been sent via hawks from the borders between Harkonen, Chante and Avestris, to the Grand Celestial Empire, Caeli. Though only two of the hawks returned, the messages
were supposed to be -most useful-. A boy around the age of third-teen delivered the message in person to Sezuan the emperor of Caeli. The boy looked at the well built feline ruler, almost pleading while getting on his knee's at the stairs to the throne. Sezuan got up smiling as the lower halfbreed bowed in the dust for him, expecting a small reward. "I suppose you want something in return dear child Mmm ?" He paced up and down by two deep platters with heated oil for scents and candles in them. "Oh please i beg you my lord." He smiled grimly "Relax dear child -- You will get your reward!" He kicked a platter towards the boy, sending extremely hot oil in every direction of the throne room. Splashing the boy who spasmed in pain, squirming and screaming as he tumbled down the rock stairs. Earning him quite a few bruises as well. Now the cruel feline ruler hissed at the boy with anger. "Next time, tell your old man to show up in person. If he ever makes you set foot in my castle again. He won't get you back...unless it's in pieces.And even for that I would have to be in a good mood." He signals for a servant to refill the platter with the oil and relight the candles. "Quicker idiot" the boy crawls towards the exit slowly, before regaining strength to make it out of the throne room.

Even Sezuan's guards are starting to doubt if his cruelties are a necessity. But no one dared to question the powerful tiger.

--------
Half an hour later
---

"-What!?- wolves mobilizing forces up north ? What rubbish is this. Low life canines cannot think of proper strategies, how should vicious beasts be able to form anything more advanced than a pack.
Did my men get infected with rabies or something. And what is this !?
" He slammed a thick powerful index finger down on the second note. "Rogue wolf with a black coat and red markings, light his kin on fire... Everyone's going mad." He takes a small pause, from his rage at having recieved rubbish and irrelevant information from his troops. He rubbed his temples tenderly with his fingers. "Alright, write to them, that if they send more irrelevant nonsense to me, and not information about -brother dearest- i will personaly have them slaughtered. Now leave me be.
It is time for my bath...
" He sat down as two slim tabby cats came to aid him... relieve stress.
Last edited by Indigo on Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:51 pm

The sun lingered for a few moments on the horizon, a fiery obsequy immolating what remained of the day. Stellos admired its beauty for the briefest of moments before swooping low with a retraction of his wings, so that the hanging rays of light would not glint in his eye and disrupt his vision, and he continued his scan of the mountains. Thus far, it had proved fruitless. They had most likely penetrated too deeply once again- the den was bound to be somewhere near the edge of the mountain chain, just east or west of their position. Below, he saw swift shadows padding across the ground as his allies swept the area more thoroughly. He couldn't help but feel irritation at Renoe's rushed execution of the search. He should have hired more scouts like myself. We would have found the den hours ago instead of pointles- wait... what's that? His internal monologue was cut short by a shape on the ground. It was nothing more than a dark silhouette, in an area where the sun was blocked by the tall mountains- but he immediately recognized that swiftly paced lope, that silently gliding walk-run that all hunters seemed to have. The shape slowed a little and reared onto its hind legs, sniffing around. It was on a small plateau surrounded by rocks with dirt paths underneath. The wolf turned back the way it had come. Stellos, silently descending, followed his gaze, and saw that it was looking towards another shape- somebody from his group. He couldn't recognize the person from this distance, but whoever they were, they were in trouble. They had their side to the wolf and were climbing up to the plateau, jumping from rock to rock. The wolf loped over without a noise, perched on a rock, and laid low. In the darkness, a normal creature might have walked right by him without a second glance; if Stellos did nothing, his companion would climb up and get pounced. Luckily, Stellos did not intend to idly sit by. Turning on the pinions of his wings, he folded them up and hurtled towards the wolf before spreading his wings open wide and silently gliding down the rest of the way. With pinpoint accuracy, he drew his dagger while simultaneously landing on the wolf's upper arms with his talons. The wolf gave a half roar, half howl in pain and surprise. He had barely done this before Stellos grabbed him by the back of the head and slammed it into the rock, stunning the beast. He was at a huge disadvantage in terms of strength, but with his feet pinning down the wolf, he was in control. Stellos took the drawn dagger and pressed it against the wolf's throat: the wolf stopped moving. Stellos looked up at a noise and saw Lily standing there, sword drawn and out- but her expression was carefree and casual. "Funny running into you here." Stellos mulled that over for a second. "...you didn't do this on purpose, did you?" "Well, I didn't know youwere around, Stellos," she replied, batting her eyelashes in that annoying girlish way of hers, "but I knew this sucker was here the entire time. I was planning on coming close to the rock, then throwing this up and finishing the job." She held a small round object in her paw, and Stellos was indignant as he recognized it. "You stole one of my smoke bombs?!?" "Borrowed. That's besides the point, sweetie." she said, scrambling up on the rock and offhandedly holding her sword so that the point rested on the wolf's head. "The point is... this sucker's going to lead us to his den." The wolf below them growled. "What makes you think I have any intention of doing THAT?" Lily laughed softly. "I didn't mean it literally. You're not really going to lead us to the den- your carcass is." With that, she raised her sword and slammed it into the wolf's head, feeling the point drive in through his skull with a resounding crack. The wolf went limp as blood rapidly flowed out and covered the rock. Stellos leaped up to avoid getting any of the blood on him; then, he turned to Lily. She was busy pulling the sword out of the dead wolf's head. "That was reckless and stupid. You can't pull these kind of stunts near the den. Wolves don't think- they kill. All it takes is one slip-up- a misstep, an awkward draw of the sword, a sneeze- and you're dead." She turned suddenly and surprised Stellos with a kiss on the mouth, pushing him away playfully with one hand, stabbing the sword into the snow to clean it with the other. "That, my love, is exactly why I don't intend to slip up." Stellos was saved the trouble of having to make a reply by the arrival of Enzo. He, too, was not particularly pleased by what had just happened. "Which one of you morons thought it'd be a good idea to make so much noise when we're possibly feet away from a den?!" Stellos made a neutral grunt and nodded towards Lily's sword, now in a small puddle of red slurry. Lily grinned at Enzo, ignoring his angry comment. "Enzo, dear! Perfect timing. Sniff him out back to the den, but be stealthy about it, and don't go in. As soon as everyone else shows up, we'll follow your tracks and make the assault." Enzo pierced the girl with a stare that said Who the hell do you think you are, acting like this and giving orders to boot? with ten times the force; she simply acted innocent and gestured towards the body. Not wanting to fight over what was already done, Enzo took a few sniffs, picked up the wolf's scent trail, and started retracing his steps with a swift run on the ground. Lily turned back to Stellos. "Now then..." "A quick rule of thumb: Do that again and I won't think twice about dropping you off a cliff. Clear enough?" She seemed a little shocked by the outspokenness, then her face split into a grin. "Clear as crystal. I get it. You're a professional... I'll wait until after the mission." He groaned and took off again to follow Enzo, just in case, leaving behind a laughing Lily.

Janro

Post by Janro » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:49 am

-----------
Chante Territory
-----------

Snap. The cat paused from his trek when he angled his ears to locate the source of the noise. It's been at least a week since he left. His green eyes scanned the surroundings afraid one of his captors would be following him. To try and escape from their detection he managed to get a boat ride leading to a place as far as possible. His ride dropped him off on the land of Chante closer to the border of Harkonen.

After a few silent moments he proceeded to the nearest river and from there plans to make his way to the nearest town. He traversed the terrain a little more quietly now, crouched slightly as if he were hunting, just to make sure he doesn't draw attention to his location whatever it was that was out there. He took a break from walking got a drink from the river and freshen up a little while he was at it. Cool water escaped his cupped paws and ran down his elbows while he drank.

As he rested on the riverbank he reaches for the cat bell that hung around his neck, part of the slave garb he wore. It's leather was a bit tough to cut off and the cat swears that it must be ringed with metal chain or something inside the leather for it felt so heavy. It rang a bit from his touch and he's amazed that he was able to keep it quiet when he prowls.

After a few more moments of contemplation he adjusted the straps that held his chestplate and shoulder armor in place before deciding to press on following the river. He drew his stick out from the strap holding up his sword in place to aid him with navigating the terrain. This left him time to contemplate on various thoughts that came and went.

After several hours of walking he finally spots a town in the distance. Relief spread over him as he descended the path. As he landed on firm ground on level with the town, a voice called out. "What do we have here?" The feline turned about to find a trio of bandits sitting in the shade of the rock he just leaped off. One of the rats pointed to the collar hanging around his neck. "Look I've heard of those. It's a slave collar! Perhaps we could turn him in for some change." The cat reached for the pouch of money he had to bribe this group but he had used it all up with the sailors who gave him a boat ride. He grits his teeth watching the three approach him swords and blades at the ready.

Xinal took a deep breath before drawing his stick waiting their attack wielding it like a short sword. His opponents watched him draw his weapon and scoff. "This slave draws a stick rather than his sword!" The taunts reach his ears but he managed to keep his cool. When one attacked Xinal evades with a step to the side before batting the guy on the head and then kicking the guy in the chest. He reprimands himself for the crude attack as he watches his opponent reel from the impact. He assumes his stance again and steps forward trying to intimdate the companions. The gesture meant nothing as another attack was thrown at him. The cat just barely managed to dodge the attack before he returned a quick strike upwards from his crouched position. Hitting the jaw of the rat. The last one leaped on him during that movement and the cat just blocked the knife with his stick which got stuck in the tough wood. Xinal shook his head as he pulls the stick towards him to pull the rat closer to him as he delivered a kick to his gut. After he assessed that the three dazed at least a little bit, the cat pulled his weapon away from the rat's knife and with one last glance at them Xinal made a break for the town with a feral run.

Indigo

Post by Indigo » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:49 am

------------
Empire: Chante
Current location: Audron Village gates
------

Azuan paced up and down by the gates, keeping watch for any unwanted peasants.
He would look into the distance, his hair was on it's end. I feel another storm comming -- The weather is so unpredictable. He saw an obscured figure dash through the snow in the distance.
Clenching the hilt of Keehla, he set forward. Hopefully reaching the approaching figure befor the village gates.

He let out loud growl, being ever so slightly bigger than Xinal due to being a pure breed tiger.
Unlike cats their aura seemed very intimidating. But that wasn't his intentions now, he wanted
to find out further about this stranger. A wolf maybe ? No far too small for that, and it's not a raider. He held a hand out in front of him as the figure came closer. " Halt !"

--------
Encounter :D
Last edited by Indigo on Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Janro

Post by Janro » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:29 am

The three rodents gave up their chase. 'Good,' The feline thought to himself as he watched them head back to their resting spot. The cat continued to run towards the town with his eyes on his not so persistent pursuers until a voice called out to him,

" Halt !"

He glanced ahead of him and found a tiger in his way. He quickly shifted his weight to skid to a halt before the massive feline, compared to his own small build anyway, with the bell around his neck rang loudly in response to the shift of direction. A gasp of surprise escapes his maw as he looks at Azuan noting his appearance and the aura being projected is making the fur stand on the back of his neck. Indecisive of whether this stranger was going to attack him or not he lifts up his stick ready to defend himself. Despite the gesture however his posture doesn't look like Xinal's really thinking of fighting this possibly trained fighter. Besides, the notch made by the knife early looks like it might fracture the dense wooden stick if he hit it against something.

Notably, perhaps, the short sword still hung untouched in its sheath behind him. 'Please don't attack,' the tabby pleaded in his head as he looked at Azuan.

TokChork

Post by TokChork » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:08 am

The remarkable message

Indigo

Post by Indigo » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:38 pm

As the tiger saw the figure who came at him with high speed wasn't a wolf, but a tabby cat
like Dina Lamperouge from the Tavern. His facial expression changed in a split second, from
a Divine warrior's, to that of a concerned family member. He held all felines -- All! but his brother--
dear. And they were indeed family to him.

He instantly let go of the hilt of the katana, raising both his hands. Speaking in the same soothing tone as his mother.
"Easy now, i mean you no harm. For a second i thought you were a wolf, no offense...."
He reached a hand out towards the cat, as if to place it on his shoulder.
Passing the stick which was held in a defensive pose, he retracted it a bit slowly, in case
the cat chose to batter his hand.

He then noticed the bell.
What is that...?

Janro

Post by Janro » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:39 pm

Xinal's mouth opened slightly, surprised at the change in demeanor. Hesitantly the cat doesn't relax from his battle stance. As the other feline's reached out Xinal doesn't do anything but watch its movements. He took a deep breath before speaking for the first time in this conversation.

"It's a first I was mistaken for a wolf." The feline slowly lowered his arms but kept an eye on Azuan in case this friendliness is just a front. "Where am I?" He asked, not quite sure where he landed himself. Fatigue started to catch up to him now that the adrenaline from that last encounter started to fade and the comfort of the town just a few feet away. He didn't realize that his expression and posture was starting to tell of a weary traveller, though he did his best to mask it.

Indigo

Post by Indigo » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:02 pm

Azuan took a few steps back, looking into the distance.
" You're in Audron, just outside the Border to Harkonen and Chante. Are you injured in anyway ?
You know you should probably just follow me to The Rogue'N'Hawk. It's a tavern not far from here.
You can explain when we arrive.
"

Starts walking through the ports, not really caring if Xinal followed or not, he would end up in the tavern either way. There weren't many other places to go.
As he passed a crippled rabbit on the street, he gave it a few gold pieces before making it to the tavern.

Audron was a sad sight, very few actual buildings, most wooden. The majority of homes were made
from cave's which had a door installed at the openings. A simple wooden board.
The biggest of the wooden constructions though, were the Tavern. A sign on the tavern swayed in the harsh winds as snow descended from the sky over the small village.

It was winter at the border to Chante and Harkonen all year. Perhaps once or twice a year would the sun shine through the thick clouds in the sky. Whenever it wasn't snowing, it would rain for a few hours. But that's the closest Audron came to a change of weather.

blood-shard
Location: in a house in a heartbeat 28 miles away 28 days later

Post by blood-shard » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:39 pm

Oh sweet we've started ? Seems it picked up while i was looking in another direction :)

------------------------------------
------------------------------------

As he walked along the long vast road to Avestris enjoying the sun as it shined upon anything in view.
He whistled a cheerful tune, poking around bits of a gravel with a stick.
The city Ethereal was one of the few truly cheerful places on the Island of lugaru left.

It surely was worth the travel of miles and miles on and on. Two giant black rough marble pillars
marked the entrance to Ethereal, the city was full of life. People pushing carts of resources around,
children making noise, weather it was by crying or laughing. People in the market would bargain,
shouting in anger and with happiness. All in all, Ethereal seemed to have it all. And it was a place worth going if you went to Avestris.

Struck with awe as Edward walked around the streets he by accident, bumped into a large Female dog, who shot at least one and half a head above him. A mighty canine, who dropped a bucket full of milk spilling it all over the street. "Oh my god, i am so sorry" He held his hands out in front of him self defensively. The black and white coated dog simply got up with a smile, brushing her self off. "You better look where you're going boy, people around here could easily stomp a rodent such as your self into the ground without noticing" she yanked him off the ground, her own weight had thrown him down when he rammed into her. "You're new here aren't you" She bared her teeth in a smile, leaving her thick canines slightly uncovered. "I ugh uhm." Edward blinked a bit, shaking his head. " Man... or boy, of few words huh ? " She chuckled a bit, patting his back with a large hand, almost sending him to the ground again. "Enjoy your stay, maybe i'll see you around rabbit" she picked the bucket up, walking off. He felt bad for having her spill it, but she had taken it pretty calmly. He rubbed his sore back as he walked off into the streets to see if he could find anything interesting to do.

Janro

Post by Janro » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:46 am

The feline remained still for a few moments while he watched Azuan lead the way. Xinal took one more glance over his shoulder before following in step behind the tiger.

The cat's gaze looked about the town. He noted the lack of buildings and wondered whether how were the primary inhabitants of this town. To him: first thing he'd think of are wolves. A cold chill passed between the buildings blowing past against his fur. His clothing and lack of winter fur were definitely not able to protect him as much from the cold climate.

His gaze eventually found a crippled rabbit, along with the tiger giving some money. The feline, impressed, muttered when they were almost at the tavern, "You are a very kind tiger." The sound of slight creaks and squeaking emanated from the sign as it swayed and the alert, if not paranoid, cat instantly looked up at it. He teared his gaze from the sign and blinked slowly, to try and regain his composure.

Indigo

Post by Indigo » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:56 am

Azuan shrugged at Xinal's comment.
"I'm not sure if that's supposed to be something good or bad thing."

He had to duck, to gain entrance to the Tavern as he pushed through the small door.
Dina , as tabby cat much like Xinal him self was busy cleaning the floor from the raiders bloodstains. The unharmed member of
the raider group was still at the tavern, still quite in shock.

Tess had been waiting for Azuan to return, handing him a cup of tea. She also held forth a blanket,
but he simply shook his head, pointing a thumb back at the tabby cat, and the rabbit teen politely offered the blanket.

A cup of tea was waiting for Xinal aswell in case he wished for something to drink.
It was as if the people at the tavern expected his arrival. Though all they did hope for, were more survivors from the recent wolf assaults.