Lugaru Text RP: The Decrepit Epoch of Ruin

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Janro

Re: Lugaru Text RP: The Decrepit Epoch of Ruin

Post by Janro » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:51 am

The cat had picked up most of the littered and broken branches, which were not much, on his first foray. His gaze rested on some branches closer to the ground but slightly high up. Xinal stretched his arms before walking up to the tree.

"It's quite bold of you to follow us." He commented while climbing up the tree with the aid of his claws. With a swift motion, the cat unsheathed his weapon and began slicing at the branch. "Hmm... An axe would've been better for this job." He told himself as he hacked away at the base of the branch. Eventually he managed to cut off the branch which he caught in one hand before falling to the ground

"Mind if you held onto these? At least we can tell Azuan," with a bit of joking tone added, "and that rat, that you aren't dead weight."

Indigo

Post by Indigo » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:14 am

She clumsily fumbled around with the couple of branches she held.
I didn't follow them She dropped them into basket brought for carrying firewood.
I followed you She leaned against a tree, thinking for a few seconds. This is gonna sound stupid To make you reconsider going with them instead of just staying with us. Truth be told, you remind me of someone...

She picked a branch up, poking around a few leafs on the ground. "I'll do anything you say if you come back with me. It's all i ask, if you go with them. You aren't coming back"
She dread her self for speaking those words.

Janro

Post by Janro » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:57 am

Xinal paused mid stirke when she said that. He turned to look at her for a moment before cutting off one more branch destined for the pile. After dropping it to the ground he leaped off the tree he was sitting in and landed on all fours on the ground.

"I'm flattered you that followed me of all individuals. I... remind you of someone, you say. A brother perhaps? A good friend? A father dare I say it, but I'm far from one?" The cat meowed casually while he rummaged through the pile for a particular branch he cut off earlier.

"It must be someone important to you if you risked coming out all the way here to get me to come back."

The feline pulled out a branch and proceeded to carve it into a straight stick, identical to the one he used for training.

Indigo

Post by Indigo » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:27 am

"You know what ? It doesn't matter. I'm here now, so whatever those other people think of it. They will have to make do. Besides, it was my uncle who told me, i have to be more reckless if i wanted to prove my worth." A laughing could be heard from the large rabbit who now approached them.
"Darling, you do me too much honor. This little plan was your own i'm afraid, and it could get ugly. What i told you was, that sometimes you have to think outside of the box. And it surely wasn't related to this. I told you that years ago" He shrugged. "Seems you misunderstood it a bit back then. Oh well, kids these days". He got hit by a few low hanging branches due to his height a few times, as he made it over to Xinal. "Good weapon of choice" He made a hand gesture towards the wooden stick. "A lot of the time, a blunt weapon can be even better than any Edge you may find out there now days" He him self, held a large makeshift quarterstaff. "To be honest, i don't think i've ever killed a person in my life. I would dread my self, wolf or not." Tess shook her head "You could get killed Willy" He smiled sheepishly "So be it" He rested the quarter staff against a tree. He would often just use it to wander around, he almost never had outbursts like the one back at the camp. That is, unless someone threatened those he held dear.

He sat down on a log which had been chopped down long ago by people that might have passed by.
"Xinal was it ?" He smiled in a way, that would make most people return the gesture.

Janro

Post by Janro » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:45 am

The cat nodded hiss head simply as he finished carving out the stick. Which he promptly split into two so that he has two matching pairs of equal length. Each one the length of his forearm. He twirls it around before tying it to the sheath of his sword.

"Yes it is." He replied to the big rabbit. "If its bothersome you can just refer to me as the tom, cat or slave. I'm still used to being referred to as such." The cat noted the smile but didn't really get to return the same kind of smile. Just a simple lifting of the corner of his lips.

Indigo

Post by Indigo » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:00 am

This brought a frown to Jolly's face. "A name should be savored and held dearly. Presented to all who don't know it. I guess Tom would be a polite word for a house cat. But clearly that isn't what you are. And you're not a slave either, though you are a cat. I wouldn't call you common" Tess nodded in response to that. "Loosen up brother, no one wants to deal with a pouty face. We have enough of those at the campsite " The rabbit chuckled, walking off towards the light. Seems they lit the fire a bit early. It was a dim light.

Around the campfire sat, as still winded rat, oddly enough a singing cat, and a still angry tiger.

Janro

Post by Janro » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:37 am

The cat paused to ponder on that for a moment. He didn't quite proceed back to camp just yet. Hesitantly he gazed at the group feeling a bit out of place. He could somewhat figure out that livelihood was something the others had. He himself however never really thought about it.

"What do you do for a living, sir Jolly?"

Indigo

Post by Indigo » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:12 am

The Jackrabbit stopped in his tracks, sending Tess forth to cool Azuan down so he could speak with Xinal in peace.

"Let me guess what's on your mind. "I just came back from nowhere, how am i supposed to get by from day to day". Take it easy, it'll come to you naturally eventually. I used to run the Tavern back in town with Dina, until she kicked me out. Then i started writing books, and compose music. I play the pan flute splendidly if i may say so my self." He gave Xinal a friendly pat on the back "You'll be fine. Personally if i was you, i would definitely accept Dina's offer. She seemed to have an eye for you" He chuckled, reaching for a high sitting apple. It was cold during the night, and it was amazing how fruits managed to survive that frost like layer that formed on the tree's due to the cold.

He brushed it off in the neat long jacket he wore, and took a bite out of the apple. He mumbled something with his mouth full, pointing up into the sky. He swallowed and tried again "That's the first full moon we've had in almost four months. It was about time."

Janro

Post by Janro » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:27 am

Xinal looked up at the full moon remembering the times where he just sit outside their sleeping quarters and stare up at it. Thoughts and memories race on in his head.

"I guess so. But do you think Tess is serious about me not being able to go back? I mean, I have my own reasons for coming along apart from what I told her already." The tabby leans against a tree listening to the surroundings just in case anything, good or harmful, might suddenly show up.

Indigo

Post by Indigo » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:41 am

"Do what you gotta do lad, but know she's gonna follow you around"

He left Xinal to him self.

Janro

Post by Janro » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:47 am

The cat sighed for a moment stayong behond. Eventually he joined the others around the camp. A sound of pawsteps reached his ears, but when he turned to look there was no one to be seen.

A slight glint is reflected off in the midst of the shadows cast by the trees.

Indigo

Post by Indigo » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:33 pm

Lucy was busy cooking up a meal, while Carbon was busy with a rather boring book. It would take him almost a minute to switch a page with one hand. Tess would cuddle up to her uncle, who patiently tried to teach her how to play the pan flute. Of course only lousy half tones came from the instrument.
Azuan sharpened and polished his blade like there was no tomorrow.

Janro

Post by Janro » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:49 pm

Xinal made his way to a relatively out of the way seat, nothing more than the earth beneath their feet, and he just sat there. Watching the others. He didn't really want to get into anyone's way. Not now, not anytime. His gaze rested on the tiger and wondered what he was doing. He seemed to be doing quite a lot of it.

"Do you do that often Sir Azuan?" The cat asked with respect evident in the tone of his voice.

Indigo

Post by Indigo » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:00 am

He dug a wierd cup formed spoon with a long handle, into a small bag by his side. Producing a powdery substance upon pulling it out of the bag. He then neatly spread it across his blade, after that he grabbed cloth, which lay with one end into a cup of ice water. He continued to wipe the blades edge with it like he was obsessed.

"Maintenance is important. This sword is many generations old, and it's time span stretches back two, maybe even three thousand years back. To when some of the first weapons of steel were forged by the Anvil. Back then, cats and dogs were at piece. This blade was the peace offering, later on sadly. It became a symbol of war. Cats are known to adapt to any situation, we even adapted to how other folks forged. Chante's broadswords, Avestris spears, even the Anvils finest swords can be found in Caeli. The only swords we never mastered, is our own. Not a lot of people use them anymore, but we founded the Rapier. And there are indeed still people using them, skilled far beyond any swordsman who wield swords such as ours. My dad, and his dad and so on. Mastered any weapon they came in contact with. I simply kept to this gift from my father. It is all i need."

He went silent, returning to cleaning and sharpening the blade.

After a moment of silence, Jolly began playing the pan flute instead of Tess.
It was a treat for the most sensitive ears. Not that he thought about it him self, it was mostly out of boredom and the hate for awkward silences.
"The reason why i can say the cats of Caeli didn't master it, but some of my generation did is. That we, the tigers. Were originally not from Lugaru, but we come from the outer rim. A place far off. I have plans of returning to that place once this little family matter is over."

Janro

Post by Janro » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:41 am

While the cat watched the process, he thought about the blade that he carried. From a fallen guard. Might've been some cheap material anyway.

"I'm not familiar with this area, but I'm curious and understandbly apprehensive. How safe are we from bandits in this area?"

The various noises of the ambient surrounding echoes about the land. The sway of the grass in the wind, the rustling of the leaves in the trees, and the occasional crunch of a leaves that have fallen to the ground.