Beat down

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
lordener

Beat down

Post by lordener » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:09 am

Ok how can i raise the time the enemy lies on the ground ? there is no time to get close and stab him! in some tutorials they say "leave him behind because he wont stand up for a while?" . In my game there are two options: dead or he stands up in 2 secs!

Sorry for my bad english you can keep the mistakes

tannim

Re: Beat down

Post by tannim » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:20 am

you cannot make them stay down any longer than default. Practice will make you better able to take advantage of the time they are on their back.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:53 am

If you inflict significant blunt damage to an enemy with your fists or a staff, then they will only be knocked unconscious. When unconscious, they will show up as light gray triangles on the map. Their mouths will be closed, and their chests will be rising as they breathe. You can finish unconscious enemies by stabbing them with the knife or sword, beating them with the staff, or just by kicking them around- however, there's no real reason to kill enemies that are knocked out, because they won't ever 'wake up' anyways. That's probably what the game means when it talks about leaving them behind. A dead enemy will have their mouths open, their chests will not be moving, and they will show up as dark gray triangles on the map.

As for finishing conscious enemies after knocking them over, it's pretty hard, but I find that it's easiest with a staff; just hit them and then run over and start smacking them :lol: Especially effective against wolves, assuming they don't disarm you first. Using a knife or sword for this is a bit harder because you have to be crouching next to a knocked down enemy to execute the ground stab. I've only done it a few times, so I can tell you it's possible, but it takes some practice and some luck- for instance, if you're up against a corner and you knock an enemy against the wall, they'll be right there and it'll be much easier to stab them. On the other hand, if you're out in the open and you knock an enemy down, you probably won't be able to get to them fast enough to execute a finishing stab. Hope this helps :)

Derakon

Post by Derakon » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:28 am

Neat trick for kills with the knife: instead of trying to do the ground stab, knock the enemy down, then throw the knife at them while they're getting up. With luck you'll hit them (otherwise, retrieve the knife and start over). Now (asuming that didn't kill them straight off) while they're on the ground from being hit by the knife, roll over them and grab the weapon out of them while rolling -- it's an instant kill just like if you'd stabbed them while they're down, but it's much easier to pull off.

The reason you throw the knife while they're getting up is that recovering enemies don't dodge thrown knives. An enemy that is aware of you and not in the middle of an animation/jump will almost always dodge a thrown knife; they're much more vulnerable when recovering.

Sandurz

Post by Sandurz » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:39 am

I think that only works with wolves. I've never seen/heard of it happening with a rabbit, because they take it out and use it. I do it all the time with wolves though, it's super useful to be able to do on insane.

Derakon

Post by Derakon » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:27 am

They get knocked down when you hit them with the knife. Pull it out before they get back up again. :)