How'd you find Lugaru/When did you first play it?

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.

No way

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:10 am

It is impossible for that to work, it simply can not be done like that.

Razor7

Post by Razor7 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:47 am

I was getting heavily into helping develop certain things because of my extensive "collection" of apple machines.

It all started when i got the internship at Apple Computers (the corporate office in Cupertino... where Jobsey is). I started working there, and i built on my already enormous amount of knowledge about the hardware inside and outside of a Mac. Because of this, i would help many people on online forums (mainly ResExcellence's forums) with any difficulty they had with hardware. While i knew/know basic application issues and how to resolve them, i can work wonders around anyone (including my bosses) with hardware.

So that started it all. Well, about a year before i had stumbled apon Lightning's shadow. I found this game to be great, even though it lacked depth. So i played it for a while, and put it down for other games. Well one night i was having my buddy spend the night and he wanted to play a video game on my Mac and asked what i had. So i showed him what i had, and he kind of went through the small list (at the time) and played each one till he was bored. When he came apon LS he was dumbfounded by how cool it was. So he asked me questions, "where is this from?" "who made it?" and so on and so forth. So i found Wolfire again and started looking around. I found a page for Lugaru and saw that it was still in Beta form. As stated earlier, i had been helping a lot with Beta's right now because of all of this equipment i was helping with/in charge of (the group i interned for supplied WWDC, Macworld, and many, MANY other mac shows. We worked exclusively with the people just below Steve Jobs and therefor had the latest and greatest equipment).

So i got involved with these online forums and started posting. I helped what people i could, and if anyone had more problems then i could help with, i would take them over to the actual On-Site repair group and see if they knew the source of the problem.

After a while i got to know FrozenThunder pretty well. We chatted back and forth on AIM and sent many messages back and forth. He actually told me that David was looking for people like me to help him test on different set ups and on newer, unrealeased machines. So i sent a PM to David explaining my case and how i thought i could help. He never answered my PM. So about 2 weeks later i wrote in another post "David. Read your PMS! i can help more then you think" and i believe i was given an email granting me passage to the background forums and to the beta version. I did the best i could, and i found a few bugs, but i didn't really like the game. Not until one of the more recent beta's was brought out.

Needless to say, i've liked the game ever since then.

So that's my story,
-TC

LibrarianBrent

Post by LibrarianBrent » Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:24 pm

I found this game because I was a beta tester for Lugaru under a different account name. :) However, my computer eventually broke just prior to the game's release and I never returned... UNTIL NOW!

burst

well

Post by burst » Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:19 pm

i was bored searching google for random things and i first came across "black shades" looked interesting so i download it was hella fun, then after i went back to the site searching around the other games wolfire provided then i came across "lugaru" played the demo loved it then bought it!!

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:58 am

Crill3 wrote:Macgamefiles, downloaded, WOW, bought, registered at forum.
Pretty much the same thing…

Anyway, I found it on MacGameFiles, I thought it was interesting, I downloaded it, tried the tutorial (I don't do tutorials often, unless I've read the manual first :P) and I thought to myself "Oh, this game is 3D, interesting…" and I played it a lot after that, then I registered, and then registered to the forum quite a long time later (Days later)

Svante

Post by Svante » Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:07 pm

I found it under the shareware section in a disc from PCGamer.

I first wondered why this game had so many mac users playing, then I figured the only good games for mac are Fullthrottle and Lugaru.

lugaruperson

Post by lugaruperson » Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:36 pm

I found Lugaru when I was searching for a 3-rd person game demo on Download.com. HAHA fighting rabbits HAHA :!:

karateXplosion

Post by karateXplosion » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:45 pm

Just found lugaru the other day on the wolfire site while looking for something to play on my new Intel-based mac<3

anywho... i haven't bought the game yet (no credit card :cry: ) but im excited to play thru the whole thing once i get it!!

zatoichi

Post by zatoichi » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:35 pm

look at the date of the post 2 posts above this one, then the one below it. don't bump old threads. as punishment, you must buy me a maxed out mac pro.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:35 pm

Yeah, because you know... these threads are sooo hard to keep up with. No way could we allow some one new to introduce themselves.

C'mon what's with you guys!

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:57 pm

karateXplosion wrote:Just found lugaru the other day on the wolfire site while looking for something to play on my new Intel-based mac<3

anywho... i haven't bought the game yet (no credit card :cry: ) but im excited to play thru the whole thing once i get it!!
Welcome-to-the-Wolfire-Forum
*nods-sharply*
Exscuse-my-Fulty-key-board.
Enjoy-youre-stay.

Well...

I-found-the-game-on-a-few-sites.
it-i-liked-the-look-of-the-Screenshot-and-the-Dyscriptons.
it-was-a-good-change-from-WOW-&-Avernum.
I-did-not-think-i-whould-love-it-this-much.

karateXplosion

Post by karateXplosion » Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:02 pm

sowwwwy!!!! :oops:

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:21 pm

sooooojjjiiiieee

:?:

zatoichi

Post by zatoichi » Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:00 pm

heh, I feel like a jackass now. sorry.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:45 pm

zatoichi wrote:look at the date of the post 2 posts above this one, then the one below it. don't bump old threads. as punishment, you must buy me a maxed out mac pro.
That's the second time you've bashed someone for posting on an old thread. There is no rule against it. He can post wherever the damn hell he wants. Don't be a bigot.