additions to the combat system (Lugaru)

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Teh_Bucket

Re: additions to the combat system

Post by Teh_Bucket » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:59 pm

It'd be a nice touch for combo counters to occur: if two enemies counter you at once, they both do a premade counter cooperatively (would really be cool in coop mode)

masterPineapples

Post by masterPineapples » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:04 pm

i commented this on the latest blog post...but definitely add more ways to attack while airborne, as well as separate animations and attacks for weapons in midair. another thing that might be interesting would be an attack which knocks enemies almost vertically into the air(maybe since when on your feet, moving left and right with attacks does spin kicks but forward does a straight kick, do the same when crouched so left and right sweep and forward kicks up). considering the level of platforming and parkour in this game i don't feel that the impressive airtime is really made use of...this would add an entire new level to combat, allowing for improved crowd control(singling out an enemy to launch into the air for an uninterrupted strike) as well as giving players a real reason to make use of varied parkour mechanics...and then...AIR COOOOOOOMBOOOOOOOS :D

Noz

Post by Noz » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:15 pm

xzener wrote:I hope we can sheathe two handed weapons on our backs, it would be so cool! I want to have my swords sheathed- two on my hips, one on my back. (2 small swords, one big.) or 4 swords sheathed- two on my side, two on my back
It's been three years since the last post on this thread. How did you even find this?

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:15 pm

yes, very courteous of you to search for an existent thread instead of making a new one.

Noz

Post by Noz » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:49 pm

Count Roland wrote:yes, very courteous of you to search for an existent thread instead of making a new one.
Well, when you put it that way, I suppose it makes sense. Plus, what he posted wasn't senseless.

Cleptomancer

Post by Cleptomancer » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:26 pm

I like what the combat looks like so far VERY MUCH. And good points have been made. Watching the alpha changes on youtube gives me the feeling that you guys are looking to make the game more emersive by adding realistic responses to the AI. I feel this could also be done by having a simpler base movement/combat style for all the species, then adding or subtracting to/from it depending on the species.
Examples of this would be something like ONLY rabbits/cats getting speed, jumping and wall jumping
Larger Species getting obvious melee and durability bonuses, but tying it into the larger base skeleton
And Also unique weapon stances or even single species getting unique weapons usable only by them, or even dual weilding...ect.

Synapse

Post by Synapse » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:52 am

Attack specific counters, like if a guy spin kicks you you'd grab his leg and pull it upwards flipping him onto his back. Kind of like how it was in Lugaru.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:19 pm

You people do realize this is a thread about Lugaru, and not Overgrowth, right?

(hmm... maybe I'll move this topic to the Lugaru forum so people stop being confused...)

Hellkaink66

Post by Hellkaink66 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:37 am

Sorry I appear to have posted in the wrong thread
Last edited by Hellkaink66 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fuzzyfists

Re: additions to the combat system (Lugaru)

Post by fuzzyfists » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:02 pm

cool ideas there everyone perhaps in the beginning just make new animations for essentially the same attacks. give people a choice of mixing and matching even. maybe make another class or move set where instead of that standing punch you get a front kick, maybe the low spin sweep (with shift held) could be a grab or throw/takedown. ect. Lets folks choose skin and select moves at beginning of game? if that catches on then invest in the more work it would take to change the actual combat parameters for moves such as faster weaker attack , slower stronger attacks. a basic jump kick should be great too, i find myself wanting just to lift off the ground a bit and snap kick sometimes

**one thing i noticed about the bo staff in lugaru is that its way to easy (seems to me) to take it out of someones hands. maybe i need to practice my moves with it.... .Ohh!!
how about a new mode where u can basically set up fights. even add npc vs npc. like an arena mode. if i wanna practice with the staff i can set up a fight with armed or unarmed opponents ect.maybe this mode unlocks after completing challenge mode idk

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:28 am

fuzzyfists wrote: **one thing i noticed about the bo staff in lugaru is that its way to easy (seems to me) to take it out of someones hands. maybe i need to practice my moves with it.... .Ohh!!
how about a new mode where u can basically set up fights. even add npc vs npc. like an arena mode. if i wanna practice with the staff i can set up a fight with armed or unarmed opponents ect.maybe this mode unlocks after completing challenge mode idk
You can set up specific fights yourself fairly easily in map editing mode. http://wiki.wolfire.com/index.php/Map_Editing

fuzzyfists

Post by fuzzyfists » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:22 pm

awesome!