levbot
mad tweaker

Post by levbot » Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:28 am

hold one end, wurl it.
-----------
RIP gulliver

Evil Penguin

Post by Evil Penguin » Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:38 pm

*Whirl.* And how would you hit anything? There would be no practical use.

Kalexon
Kalexon

Post by Kalexon » Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:07 pm

I have to agree with Evil Penguin, unless it was something like a javiline then it wouldn't have much of a use.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sat Oct 15, 2005 6:29 pm

I would have to agree. The point of having knives and swords is so you have something small which can be thrown (the knife) and something larger to have parrying battles with (the sword). The knife would be ineffective against bigger weapons, but can be thrown. A sword is larger and more powerful, but is often less fluid and manageable than a knife.

Homocidal Ham

mp

Post by Homocidal Ham » Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:21 pm

And if there is Mp in lugaru 2, and so is bullet time, you could make people within a circule of energy slow down instead of taking the JKJA approch and make it so you just speed up

it would also be cool if you could use the launch cannon while the enemy was still alive (of at least somthing like it) and the abillity to do a really, really, really, really, really cool move that would make the twister kick and larait(i wonder if turner could do that) from oni look like complete crap.

Ultimatum479
Meh. Inadequate.

Post by Ultimatum479 » Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:03 pm

Speaking of Oni and an earlier suggestion, Lugaru 2 really needs mid-air combat. The attack button oughta do something in mid-air, especially with weapons, and flipping should count as a nice kick and added damage for Death From Aboves.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:25 pm

Ultimatum479 wrote:Lugaru 2 really needs mid-air combat.
I still would love to have to suffer from realistic physics while fighting in the air. That would rule.

Swordarm

Post by Swordarm » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:05 am

I think the use of real combos like the ones of Oni would destroy the games unique fighting system.
I think, reversals should be a little bit more difficult and there should be a blocking ability. And I would love, if Lugaru2 would feature more complex (and longer) swordfights.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:10 pm

The reversals are kind of blocking in their own right. I don't think blocking is needed if reversals are available. Reversals appeal more, anyway, and help the fight to flow more easily in my opinion.

I would also like to reiterate the point of mid-air combat. That would be a nice feature. If I have already posted that somewhere, my apologies.

Homocidal Ham

Post by Homocidal Ham » Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:34 am

I cant belive this is still this high in the forums

and also, they should add the abllity to bite (isnt that what bunnies really do?)

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:22 pm

There is blocking, but it is automatic.

Swordarm

Post by Swordarm » Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:56 am

Like Oni ( I am a great fan of Oni ) ?
Well, this is perfect, exactly what I had in mind.

Renegade_Turner wrote:The reversals are kind of blocking in their own right. I don't think blocking is needed if reversals are available. Reversals appeal more, anyway, and help the fight to flow more easily in my opinion.
But sometimes, especially when you fight four rabbits or more, a reversal consumes to much time. Or even worse, I want to escape with a roll but Turner reverses a attack instead and another rabbit knocks my down.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:18 am

After looking at the concept drawing, I got an idea. Using the sword sheath as a weapon. Give Turner the ability to block or stun his enemies with it. If you wanted to make it even more interesting. Make the type of sheath of a sword random. For example, some swords would have wood sheaths, making them kinda crappy to use for blocking, but still able to stun with them, while others, have metal sheaths. Heavier, so Turner swings it slower, but you can block and parry with it...Or even mix it in with hit combos...hehehehe... :twisted:

levbot
mad tweaker

Post by levbot » Mon Dec 26, 2005 12:52 pm

bareley any weapons are made of metal sheaths. this is based on my idea in "turner concept art", but i realized that they would break far too easily. besides, most sheaths are made of hardened leather,, and are useless. the other really used sheath material is laquer, which i suppose could be used as a weapon.....