Something utterly pointless but Lugaru related...

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Something utterly pointless but Lugaru related...

Post by Grayswandir » Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:13 pm

I found one of those most hilarious things to do with my free time while I play Lugaru. First, get a stick, then somehow get an enemy rabbit (dunno about the wolf yet, I'll have to try it out on them), then take a swing at them as they run at you (they have to be running at you or you have to be behind them for it to work), and then WHAMO!!! They go flying across the map...its like playing golf or baseball.
I'm sure this has been done before, but I found it utterly hilarious because I did it while I ran up behind another rabbit. It rebounded off the incline in front of it and then when flying across the map before bouncing three times on the ground and finally getting draped on a block. I then spent the next hour playing maps with boes (bows? bos?) and seeing how far I could launch rabbits across the screen.

Also, to get the best distance, get them while they're jumping at you from a distance. If you time it right they fly insanely far...I've taken to seeing how accurate I can be with my swings and getting them to land on other rabbits...PRESENT FROM ABOVE!!! *THUD*

yeah...I was bored...

Nazgul11
LoTR@localhost

Post by Nazgul11 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:32 pm

lol! Sounds fun. That reminds me of something I did. I was on one of those rock squares with a knife in one of the desert levels. One of the rabbits (for some reason) started jumping off the square just when I threw the knife. Bullseye! The rabbit went flying up and across the map. finally he came down somewhere far. It was like the physics engine went on steroids. :P

Cannon Ball

Post by Cannon Ball » Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:16 am

I ducked near a wolf (the alpha wolf) and he booted me in the head and i went cart-wheeling across the map, my legs hit a tree (this killed me) and sent my corpse spinning like crazy into a stone block with a large OMG SLAM!

Cracked the wall too. It also didn't help that my corpse landed on it's head with the rest of the body resting up against the block.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:05 pm

Ouch.

MrDavid37

Post by MrDavid37 » Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:11 pm

I was on top of a stone block in one level, and a rabbit charged towards me. I threw a knife and sidestepped and he just stopped running but flew forwards crazily. I love physics :wink:

Albab
This title is part one ...

Post by Albab » Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:09 pm

Without the ragdoll, this would be an exceptionally good, but still fairly average game. It adds that "UMPH." that's needed.

Nazgul11
LoTR@localhost

Post by Nazgul11 » Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:47 pm

Albab wrote:Without the ragdoll, this would be an exceptionally good, but still fairly average game. It adds that "UMPH." that's needed.
Yes the ragdoll effects are awesome! In alot of games where the deaths are pre rendered as an animation, it really dulls down the gameplay. But its really nice that the ratio of games with ragdoll physics, to the games without, has gone up wildly in the last couple years.

Albab

Post by Albab » Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:23 pm

Seriously. I mean, take geist, for example. The shooter parts would be incredibly dull, were it not for the fact that grenades threw the enemys into a beautiful aerial ballet. Falling through windows and such is a nice touch also. Ragdoll should be in all games... It makes them better, just generally.

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:14 am

Yup. I love playing with physics in games like Half-Life 2 and Doom 3.
Garrys Mod in HL2 is just too much :D

Albab

Post by Albab » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:25 pm

Oh, man, do I want to play HL2.