Challenge 11

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Silb
Master cartographer

Post by Silb » Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:27 pm

Pulling the knife while rolling deals major damage. I'm pretty sure it's an instant-kill.

> Just sweeping, bullseye, then grabbing the knife while rolling kills the wolf in level 4 on Insane.
> Sweeping, bullseye, then just-nicely-picking-the-knife-while-standing does not. You still need a full combo to finish him off.

New year resolution: always roll when grabbing a knife. It's faster. And it's lethal.

Nazgul11
LoTR@localhost

Post by Nazgul11 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:16 pm

New year resolution: always roll when grabbing a knife. It's faster. And it's lethal.
Yes, there is almost never a reason that you should just press Q while standing over a knife. Rolling and picking it up is much faster and a lot better during combat.

Eric
Support Ninja Master

Post by Eric » Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:04 am

that could be my problem. I haven't had a chance to try lately. I've been really busy and am about to go on vacation for 2 weeks so I geuss my learning will have to wait

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:26 pm

About "SLAIN": It's possible to perform "SLAIN" on a wolf, I tried it earlier, it comes out as "Touch of Death" instead, though. I think I might be able to Überkill the wolves now that I'm better at "SLAIN" :twisted:

Silb
Master cartographer

Post by Silb » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:53 pm

BunnyWithStick wrote:About "SLAIN": It's possible to perform "SLAIN" on a wolf, I tried it earlier, it comes out as "Touch of Death" instead, though. I think I might be able to Überkill the wolves now that I'm better at "SLAIN" :twisted:
Yes, "SLAIN" rules. If you can't or don't want to spinecrush a wolf, SLAY. It still comes out as "SLAIN" about 80% of the time for me, btw.

Only problem, which might be a bug(?): if a wolf spots you, comes running, and you sweep him, you can't "slay" him right away, at least on Insane difficulty. Crouching near him and hitting attack just doesn't do anything. After the first sweep, it works all right, though.

Mighty annoying. That, and getting kicked in the head while attempting to sweep :x. I know I have played Lugaru too much when I have nightmares of wolfs doing this and saying "PWND!! U NOOB!!!!1".

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:02 pm

Silb wrote:Only problem, which might be a bug(?): if a wolf spots you, comes running, and you sweep him, you can't "slay" him right away, at least on Insane difficulty. Crouching near him and hitting attack just doesn't do anything. After the first sweep, it works all right, though.
I think that happened with me, nothing happened the first time I tried SLAIN on the wolf

champrjk

Post by champrjk » Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:15 pm

I've completed this level. I simply run around to the four blocks and wait for the rabbit with the stick to come walking by. When he is alone i catch his attention and lure him out away from others. Then i kill him and taking his stick i do the same thing with the wolf that patrols the blocks. You got to be carful not to get any rabbits after you while the wolf is. I simply croutch right when he runs up trip him then beat him with the stick until it breaks or he dies. (Which ever comes first) Then i pick off all the other remaining rabbits one by one until only the last wolf (patroling by trees) is left. Then i walk over to him and simply do a few jump flips over his head confusing him until i get in a good position for doing a flip and landing behind him. Then i quickly take out a knife and slit his neck. :) once you get the hang of it its quite simple.

I have normal attack on my left click and croutch/reversals on my right click. Then Q for throwing knives and E for picking them up. W is forward S backward A left D right. These controls seem to work well for me.

Hope this method works out for you aswell. :D

Silb
Master cartographer

Post by Silb » Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:37 am

That's level 12 you're describing, not 11, I think. (YSLE.)

Throwing in a few spinecrushes might make things easier, btw.

champrjk

Post by champrjk » Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:21 pm

oh well your right. I must have got mixed up. Level eleven is the one with four rabbits(two with knives) and two wolves right?

champrjk

oo00

Post by champrjk » Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:26 pm

I usually go for the black rabbit first on that level. I get him to see me then run off where were both alone. then i simply beat him to death. Then I sneak up on the other rabbit(the one left with the knife) and wait for his back to turn while hes walking back and forth on the rock cube. Then i grab the side and hang there until he walks back and then as soon as he turns i get up roll and do a spine crusher killing him instantly. Once you have a knife its smooth sailing from here. Simply get one wolf to come at you at a time. do a flip over his head confusing him then pop out your knife and slit their gullet. The other two rabbits on the block cube should be easy enough to beat once you get the wolves out of the way. You can kill one right off if you sneak up and throw your knive in his back. Then beat the other one senseless. :D

GreenAlge

Post by GreenAlge » Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:10 pm

Tips for unarmed wolf-killing:
---
1. Don't fight two at a time 'till you can handle one without problems

2. Every move should be a setup for a leg canon (get really good at doing these)

3. Wait for a wolf to attack, then reverse the attack and wait for him to get up. If he stands straight up, throw a light punch (stunning him) and follow with a leg canon. If he rolls, kick him, run over to where he is and wait for him to get up again.

_Nik

Silb
Master cartographer

Post by Silb » Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:50 pm

Tip for unarmed wolf killing:
Spinecrush.

:mrgreen:

champrjk

What? Does it work?

Post by champrjk » Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:53 pm

Does that really work? I did it once and it never killed the wolf. So i never bother spinecrushing anymore. I snuck up behind him and rolled to his back and spinecrushed him but all he did was yelp then go limp for a sec then get back up.

zip
lugaruguru

Re: What? Does it work?

Post by zip » Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:42 pm

champrjk wrote:Does that really work? I did it once and it never killed the wolf. So i never bother spinecrushing anymore. I snuck up behind him and rolled to his back and spinecrushed him but all he did was yelp then go limp for a sec then get back up.
Dang? Thats not supposed to happen.

champrjk

Post by champrjk » Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:54 pm

eh tell me about it. I've only been able to sneak up to behind the wolves twice because they usually smell me before i make it. thats why i stick to brawling instead of stealth on wolves. Has anyone done a sucsessful spinecrusher on a wolf? If so what happend?