Challenge 11

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:39 pm

champrjk wrote:eh tell me about it. I've only been able to sneak up to behind the wolves twice because they usually smell me before i make it. thats why i stick to brawling instead of stealth on wolves. Has anyone done a sucsessful spinecrusher on a wolf? If so what happend?
To spinecrush a wolf, you have to jump behind them and attack before they get a chance to turn around. Sneaking up normally is almost impossible.

champrjk

Post by champrjk » Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:32 pm

And does a spinecrush kill them instantly?

GreenAlge

Post by GreenAlge » Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:56 pm

champrjk wrote:And does a spinecrush kill them instantly?
Every time I've managed it, it does.

_Nik

Silb
Master cartographer

Post by Silb » Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:09 pm

champrjk wrote:And does a spinecrush kill them instantly?
Yes.

It's a genuine One-Hit-Kill, even against the alpha wolf. Spinecrushes are fast, reliable, professional. On an independant poll, 75% dead wolves admitted they were spinecrushed.

The by-the-book, fresh-out-of-Lugaru-school spinecrush:
Jump against the wind, so as to land right behind the wolf, if possible having the "forward" key pressed during the last part to fly faster.

Eric
Support Ninja Master

Post by Eric » Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:29 pm

I have never done it because I am not that good. But I do know from talking to Jeff that the best way to do it is jump and land right behind the wolf and immediatley attack.

Vib Rib
Lugaru da Vinci

Post by Vib Rib » Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:27 pm

Most of the time, when I do that, I just punch him. It seems random, especially on the desert challenge with the wolf overseeing the two rabbits on the stone.
I'll land behind him. 1/10 times I'll spinecrush, the other times, I just punch. All the time, he knows I'm there (does the little growl) but he's never turned around or even started moving when I hit attack.

champrjk

Post by champrjk » Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:00 pm

oo thanks for the tips. I'll try them out. I'm stuck on challange 14 and i tell you its hard. I can beat two wolves usually but i end up dying on the third one. I'll try this new spinecrusher techneque. Thanks.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:10 am

Vib Rib wrote:Most of the time, when I do that, I just punch him. It seems random, especially on the desert challenge with the wolf overseeing the two rabbits on the stone.
I'll land behind him. 1/10 times I'll spinecrush, the other times, I just punch. All the time, he knows I'm there (does the little growl) but he's never turned around or even started moving when I hit attack.
Make sure you hold forward.

Silb
Master cartographer

Post by Silb » Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:33 am

Vib Rib wrote:Most of the time, when I do that, I just punch him. It seems random, especially on the desert challenge with the wolf overseeing the two rabbits on the stone.
I use spinecrushes all the time and I'm pretty sure there's no random factor involved. This particular wolf is hard 'cause you can't jump against the wind, and you mustn't be spotted by bunnies as you fly (they can shriek and warn him).
You can nail him by crouch+jumping immediatly from where you start the level, and air-control to land *right* behind him while holding forward.
champrjk wrote:oo thanks for the tips. I'll try them out. I'm stuck on challange 14 and i tell you its hard. I can beat two wolves usually but i end up dying on the third one. I'll try this new spinecrusher techneque. Thanks.
The wind is blowing from you towards the forest when your start that level, so it's way easier if you approach from the other side.

champrjk

Post by champrjk » Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:17 am

I've tried it out and it works wonderfully. I spincrushed a wolf and then by some stupid goof up i got the other to to come after me at once. (Real fun having a brawl with two wolves). Anyway i'm sure I will be able to beat this level with ease now once i get the hang of the spinecrusher move. Thank you all for your help.

champrjk

Post by champrjk » Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:54 pm

Huray i have defeated the game! I have sucsesfully killed all three wolves! Thanks to the spinecrusher. Thank you all so much. Now what is there to do beat it again? By the way how does one take screen shots on the mac vertion of lugaru?

Silb
Master cartographer

Post by Silb » Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:11 pm

Screenshot is: Command-Shift-3. Glitchy for some people.
champrjk wrote:Now what is there to do beat it again?
-try to get good times at challenge levels.
-play custom maps, and make your own. See the wiki.
-try Insane difficulty. It feels even better than regular Lugaru 8)
-train for L2.

champrjk

Post by champrjk » Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:02 am

I have tried insain. Its the one i started on. I've never played med or easy. I'll look into making maps. But does anyone know how to take screen shots for the mac vertion of lugaru?

Eric
Support Ninja Master

Post by Eric » Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:02 am

command-shift-3

champrjk

Post by champrjk » Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:50 pm

ok cool thanks. Now i can take some bloody screen shots! :D