Challenge Level 15?

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Nazgul11
LoTR@localhost

Challenge Level 15?

Post by Nazgul11 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:55 pm

I was browsing through the wiki and noticed that in the "Individual Level Strategies" section there is a page for a challenge level 15...!!! :shock: So, is this a joke? (wouldn't be surprised if it is) It looks pretty funny. :lol: There is no map in the maps folder that would suggest that there really is a 15th challenge level. Anybody know anything about it? Please...I WANNA FIGHT SOME COWS! ;)

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:22 pm

During my brief glances at the solids folder, none looks likely to be a cow, and no halberds - DEFINATELY NO HALBERDS - are in there, either

Oh, and looking in the history of the page, it appears that DKATyler found that it's a level for diablo 2, so GREAT HOAX! (If only there was no limit on the amount of enemies… then someone could make a mod with retextured swords for halberds and cows with "Horny" ears)

Nazgul11
LoTR@localhost

Post by Nazgul11 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:54 pm

Yeah, I never saw anything when I was looking through the texture folder that looked like a cow texture. That would be a very funny easter egg though. :P

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:32 pm

Diablo had the "Secret Cow Level", the wiki entry is just a reference to that and does not exist in Lugaru.

levbot
mad tweaker

Post by levbot » Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:04 am

that cow level is amazing, by the way.

the_master_bunny

Re: Challenge Level 15?

Post by the_master_bunny » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:52 am

Nazgul11 wrote:I was browsing through the wiki and noticed that in the "Individual Level Strategies" section there is a page for a challenge level 15...!!! :shock: So, is this a joke? (wouldn't be surprised if it is) It looks pretty funny. :lol: There is no map in the maps folder that would suggest that there really is a 15th challenge level. Anybody know anything about it? Please...I WANNA FIGHT SOME COWS! ;)
what i tell you i dont know i thing thats a kiding i mean joke like you said :lol:

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:03 am

Uhhh... The hell? Wait a minute you're trying to say that uh... the uh... joke is... no wait, you're saying that you're trying to tell us that you don't know what a joke is? What language is this? You should try using freetranslation or something. It helps with my German homework, I'm sure it could help you too, at least give us a clue to the words you are trying to say (with you know, basic spelling and stuff).

carpexnoctem

Post by carpexnoctem » Thu May 25, 2006 2:27 pm

Well, the way the wiki is set up I thought the Secret Cow Level was really part of Lugaru as well, and David had hidden some of the skins somehow. Once I realised how the game worked and I noticed that LizardWolf skin in Textures which seems to have no use in the game, I concluded he probly couldnt hide any secret level or skins without some trace of them showing up in one of the data folders. Also I was wondering how you would acquire those items mentioned and I was thinking this sounded more like Diablo, since Lugaru has no inventory and I never saw anything just lying about within the challenge level areas. You dont even have enough time to search around since the levels end immediately once you either die or kill everything.

So... what is this Level 15 - non-existent Secret Cow Level doing in the Lugaru wiki? It might be funny, but it is kind of misleading. I think to make up for this perhaps Lugaru 2 could actually HAVE some sort of secret level. Wouldnt that be fun?

NickD

Post by NickD » Tue May 30, 2006 10:29 pm

If there is, we should have a competition for who finds it first!!! Witch will be me :)
-Nick D.

pyros soul

Post by pyros soul » Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:02 pm

If there is a Cow Level, it's really hidden (maybe NOT in the right folders, like the map cound be in the textures folder).

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:09 pm

pyros soul wrote:If there is a Cow Level, it's really hidden (maybe NOT in the right folders, like the map cound be in the textures folder).
It doesn't exist.

Black Viper II

Post by Black Viper II » Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:46 pm

This is halarious :lol: a mad cow with a halbard standing upright fighting a rabbit :?

invertin

Post by invertin » Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:34 pm

I got to challange level 15. I used debug and the power of the "I"!
But then, they got back up... AND THEIR HEADS GREW BACK!! I had just enough time to jump in the portal to the secret campaign level where turner fights an all powerful 20ft moose king!

(JK)

FoxInABox

Post by FoxInABox » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:20 am

Level 15 is just a rumor after what I know, don't think David have commented the rumor, but if it stays a rumor then more people will try and figure out if it is true or not, result: we play lugaru more ofen (a good reason not to tell us ^^3 eh)

If there is a level 15 then there should be a map for it too, right? but there isn't..

Or maybe it's a easteregg that needs a trigger and that the map is carved into the exe file.

Realy I have no idea. Still .. For me it's just a false rumor.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:08 pm

Eww, if you have to use exe then you can at least use "Executable" to help us mac freaks to handle it :P