A new campaign! YAY!

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Chalky
Location: The Arctic. Hangin' with Captain Crozier and Silence.

Re: A new campaign! YAY!

Post by Chalky » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:03 pm

I feel the story that I want to tell would need more levels then what I have. But I do have the story pretty much figured out, its just resting in my hippocampus waiting to be put into Lugaru form.

tannim

Post by tannim » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:36 pm

You're free to use any of my maps if you think they'd fit. You can remove the enemies. Cave Maze, Collapsed Valley, and Spiral Stair are fun designs

Chalky

Post by Chalky » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:42 pm

tannim wrote:You're free to use any of my maps if you think they'd fit. You can remove the enemies. Cave Maze, Collapsed Valley, and Spiral Stair are fun designs
Thanks, but I kind of want maps that haven't been used already. Make it more original. But thanks for the offer.

webhead

Post by webhead » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:54 am

Chalky wrote:
Hopefully you and your campaign fair better than me and mine.

Are there things you could tell us about your campaign?
Well I'm pretty much going all out and changing just about everything, I've modeled a new character using rudel's Blender add-ons, and have also made new animations to give him his own personality, as well as quite a few others... I've been working on it for a few weeks now, when I have free time, and Its about half way done.

Looking forward to your campaign, let me know if I can help.
Steve

Chalky

Post by Chalky » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:05 pm

webhead wrote:
Chalky wrote:
Hopefully you and your campaign fair better than me and mine.

Are there things you could tell us about your campaign?
Well I'm pretty much going all out and changing just about everything, I've modeled a new character using rudel's Blender add-ons, and have also made new animations to give him his own personality, as well as quite a few others... I've been working on it for a few weeks now, when I have free time, and Its about half way done.

Looking forward to your campaign, let me know if I can help.
Steve
Okay, I have a few questions:

1) Dialogue. Kehaar has helped me out a lot with dialogue so I have a basic idea of how dialogue works but if you have any ideas that work well, tips or something like that, that would be awesome. I use a Mac, by the way.

2) I have a weird glitch in the map editor (I know, surprising) in which I can't turn rabbits into wolves, except on a few occasions. Heres a link to a thread I made that goes into more detail: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9186. Wolves are a big part of my campaign's story, so fixing this problem would help me a lot.

Thanks for your help.

webhead

Post by webhead » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:46 pm

Chalky wrote: Okay, I have a few questions:

1) Dialogue. Kehaar has helped me out a lot with dialogue so I have a basic idea of how dialogue works but if you have any ideas that work well, tips or something like that, that would be awesome. I use a Mac, by the way.

2) I have a weird glitch in the map editor (I know, surprising) in which I can't turn rabbits into wolves, except on a few occasions. Heres a link to a thread I made that goes into more detail: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9186. Wolves are a big part of my campaign's story, so fixing this problem would help me a lot.

Thanks for your help.
I also use a mac. hmm I've never had that problem with wolves before (and I use a lot of them in my campaign too). But like Tannim said in your other thread, it might be that your processor is too fast, I'm using in older computer, funny never thought you'd have problems with too fast of a computer right?

As for dialogue, do you have any particular problem that keeps happening? For me I had a problem when opening a dialogue in Text Edit, it would automatically convert it to a .rtf (Rich Text format) then when I save it as a .txt even know it still looked good in Text Edit, It would get messed up in Lugaru, but if I opened it again after saving it out of Text Edit, It would keep the .txt file type. And would work after rewriting it and saving, If that makes sense:).

Chalky

Post by Chalky » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:42 am

webhead wrote:

Thanks for your help.
I also use a mac. hmm I've never had that problem with wolves before (and I use a lot of them in my campaign too). But like Tannim said in your other thread, it might be that your processor is too fast, I'm using in older computer, funny never thought you'd have problems with too fast of a computer right?

As for dialogue, do you have any particular problem that keeps happening? For me I had a problem when opening a dialogue in Text Edit, it would automatically convert it to a .rtf (Rich Text format) then when I save it as a .txt even know it still looked good in Text Edit, It would get messed up in Lugaru, but if I opened it again after saving it out of Text Edit, It would keep the .txt file type. And would work after rewriting it and saving, If that makes sense:).
My biggest problems with dialogue are, first off, getting everything right. Spacing, backslashes, things like that I can never seem to get everything to work well. And second, the the head movements.

webhead

Post by webhead » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:43 pm

Chalky wrote:
webhead wrote:

Thanks for your help.

My biggest problems with dialogue are, first off, getting everything right. Spacing, backslashes, things like that I can never seem to get everything to work well. And second, the the head movements.

Yeah, with head movements I started off with the impression that, when you press the key number of the player, his head will look AT the camera, but later figured out that he looks the direction the camera is pointing, instead of the placement of the camera.

basalaiar

Post by basalaiar » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:51 pm

when this campaign will be ready?

nicolasx

Post by nicolasx » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:08 am

I really hope to see both of these soon :D please don't give up, there was one mod called red dawn that the maker (as far as I know) gave up on, it was really disappointing and I hope that you don't give up

PS:and I hope the dialogue editor goes better than it has :)

PPS: do you guys have an ETA yet?
Last edited by nicolasx on Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:30 am

should be pps as pss would stand for post script script as opposed to post post script. nitpicky of me.

nicolasx

Post by nicolasx » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:42 am

I didn't know that... now I will go and edit it for you

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:00 am

Thanks, I hope I don't seem like a prick for that.

basalaiar

Post by basalaiar » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:48 pm

when this campaign will be ready