Challenge 9

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Eric
Support Ninja Master

Challenge 9

Post by Eric » Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:58 am

This is the challenge with 4 sword weilding rabbits. A feat I challenge all of you to accomplish is complete the map as both Merciful and Unarmed.

I would show you a screenshot of me accomplishing this task but as of present I don't know how to take screenshots on my mac.

leDoOd
What custom title?

Post by leDoOd » Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:56 pm

Shift+Command+3, if I remember correctly.

Eric
Support Ninja Master

Post by Eric » Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:19 pm

Thanks, now i just need to accomplish the task again

GreenAlge

Re: Challenge 9

Post by GreenAlge » Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:16 am

bob wrote:This is the challenge with 4 sword weilding rabbits. A feat I challenge all of you to accomplish is complete the map as both Merciful and Unarmed.

I would show you a screenshot of me accomplishing this task but as of present I don't know how to take screenshots on my mac.
Simple. Don't pick up a sword. If one of your opponents draws, disarm him (either reverse the attack, or knock him over and then roll over him and press 'q') and sheath it.

:)

_Nik

GreenAlge

Post by GreenAlge » Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:33 am

Tribaal

Post by Tribaal » Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:31 am

That is a pretty good proof of what you were saying... :wink:

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:01 am

Or tackle + q combo, less risky.

nomuse

Post by nomuse » Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:11 pm

I'll have to try more tackles. I amuse myself on that level by disarming them one by one, taking their swords, and stacking them all on top of the far cube (the one they seem to have trouble jumping on to). You have to be fairly fast but a sweep then a rolling disarm works pretty well. A reversal disarm is more fun, tho.

I don't play on insane level at all!

Eric
Support Ninja Master

Post by Eric » Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:29 pm

must play insane level

that is all

toshiro

Post by toshiro » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:35 am

Vidmaster's Oath
I pledge to punch all switches, to never shoot where I could use grenades, to admit the existence of no level except total carnage, to never use Caps Lock as my 'Run' key, and to never, ever, leave a single Bob alive.
To do these things is to invite maximum peril and requires one to play the game as hard and unrelentingly as possible, at the highest level of skill: to play as a Vidmaster.
Above is the original text. Here comes the adaptation to Lugaru:

I pledge to Reversal-disarm all enemies, to never throw knives where I could have punched, to admit the existence of no level except Insane, to never use swords or staffs, and to never, ever, leave a single enemy alive.

To do these things is to invite maximum peril and requires one to play the game as hard and unrelentingly as possible, at the highest level of skill: to play as a Vidmaster.

Eric
Support Ninja Master

Post by Eric » Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:22 am

toshiro wrote:Here comes the adaptation to Lugaru:

I pledge to Reversal-disarm all enemies, to never throw knives where I could have punched, to admit the existence of no level except Insane, to never use swords or staffs, and to never, ever, leave a single enemy alive.

You rock,but I find nothing wrong with swords and staffs. In the same regard throwing knives is an effective and legitamite way to kill enemies.

Tommorow when I am bored at work (if that happens since tommorow is going to be a hellish day) I will come up with a version of the Vidmaster's Oath I find more suitable.

Silb
Master cartographer

Post by Silb » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:16 am

Shooting was also an efficient and legitimate way of killing enemies in Marathon. The point is to make things as hard as possible while still playable.

I proposed these Vidmaster rules a while back (in this thread):
Silb wrote:"Vidmaster" style:
- Insane difficulty.
- Always fight bunnies by packs of two or three - this is actually fun.
- When engaging a wolf, be sure to get noticed by a rabbit at the same time. Also quite fun.
- Don't flee.
- Don't use weapons. They're cheap.
I think the "don't flee" part is compulsory.

toshiro

Post by toshiro » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:09 pm

I'm sorry, Silb, I actually forgot you postulated them already. Should I delete my post?

Silb
Master cartographer

Post by Silb » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:50 am

Of course not, I don't feel offended in the remotest way. Thank you :)

EDIT: @toshiro
Hmm... great politeness
Hmm... "postulate" instead of "post"
Hmm... "toshiro"
Yet, somehow, I've got a hunch you're not Japanese. And almost certain you're not from America either. Forgive my curiosity, but where do you come from?

toshiro

Post by toshiro » Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:53 am

I've been found out!
Err, I mean...

No, I'm not Japanese. I just nicked the nick from Mifune Toshiro, because I think he kicks ass... originally, I'm part Swiss, part Austrian (and then some), and live in at least one of these countries.