Extreme power

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
sriven

Extreme power

Post by sriven » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:48 pm

Does anybody know how to vary the power of turner in lugaru? I would like to experiment.

Thanks! :)

kehaar

Re: Extreme power

Post by kehaar » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:17 am

can't remember what you type, but that stuff is definitely in the wiki in the console guide here.

It's under "character attributes"

where you see the 3 floating point entries, like:

protection (floating point) (floating point) (floating point) sets your armor strength in terms of blunt resistance. Each floating point corresponds to the strength of your high, medium, or low resistance, respectively. Each value is based on 1; that is, 1.5 is 50% more durable

--I think "high, medium, or low" means where the enemy is trying to hit you. ... so if you give your guy a very low 3rd number, he may be killed by the wimpiest foot-sweep.

Also, speed + weak beats slow + strong so hard it isn't even funny. But the animation looks very unnatural/unrealistic. It's jerky, and the resting animation looks comical as heck.
Also, you can play as a wolf!

Have fun!

sriven

Post by sriven » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:27 am

Thank you sooooo much! :D

tannim

Post by tannim » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:57 am

I did an extreme power battle type level, it is very difficult to control. The enemies can blast you clear across to the other side of the map even with walls in the way.

I did an experimental "Rabbit Assist Jumping" map where you rely upon that trick, but aiming was a real problem. Different hits would send you only part of the way, in the wrong direction, kill you outright, or send you through the "goal" at the end.

Rabbit Assist Jumping is what I named a trick where you super powered enemies, then super protected yourself to not turn into a blood cloud when they hit you.

pookaguy

Post by pookaguy » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:49 pm

There is also a console command for those who don't want to edit files, google it.