Modding Tutorial?

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Chalky
Location: The Arctic. Hangin' with Captain Crozier and Silence.

Modding Tutorial?

Post by Chalky » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:18 pm

I'm wanting to get into modding stuff for Lugaru, clothes, skins, etc. And I was wondering if there is a tutorial out there for someone who knows absolutely nothing about modding.

Thanks,
Chalky.

kehaar

Re: Modding Tutorial?

Post by kehaar » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:35 pm

I don't know if anyone's made a straight up tutorial, although I believe I've seen some for making models (like for weapons) somewhere in here.

For clothes and skins, I had pretty decent luck just copying existing clothes or skin files and painting/erasing over them in photoshop or gimp. It's got to be much faster to do that than to start from scratch, because all the skins are already tested and tailored to fit the models correctly.

I modified a pair of FancyPants into Foxpants to fit the wolf model, since the pants tailored to the bunny model don't line up right on the wolf; also made a vest out of a shirt, made a single bloody foot bandage out of the footwrap art, and modified a bunch of skins to have ugly eye wounds, blood spray, etc.

All the modded skin & clothes stuff I made is in the file pack in the Ancestral Tales campaign if you want to use 'em. There are beautiful gi's in the Temple campaign and sweet armor can be found here in the forums.
Staffshock painted the awesome fox skin.

Chalky
Location: The Arctic. Hangin' with Captain Crozier and Silence.

Re: Modding Tutorial?

Post by Chalky » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:44 pm

Thanks, kehaar.

And I hope you get out from under that cat some day. :D