Overgrowth Main Theme for Guitar Pro

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Freshbite

Overgrowth Main Theme for Guitar Pro

Post by Freshbite » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:24 pm

So here it is!

I recently spent some time to tab the Guitar version of Overgrowth Main Theme (posted on the blog two days ago) for Guitar Pro. However, I wanted to have Antons permission first before uploading it for the public eye, you never know with copyrights and such.

So I got his permission just now, and here it is (You might want to open it in a new tab):
Overgrowth Main Theme.gp5

PS: The file is a Guitar Pro 5 file, and I do not know how compatible it is with older version. Just keep that in mind before complaining about it not working or anything like that.
PPS: The song does not run entirely in 75 BPM (Beats per minute). It's just that this is the first complete song that I've tabbed in the program and I do not know how to change the BPM in the middle of the song.
PPPS: The Rhythm Guitar (Background, not the chords) part is tabbed by ear, with some help of the chords. It seem to go off-beat, but it's the best that I could do.

If you can't open the file...
Here's a MIDI file and an archive containing .tab files of the three guitar parts:

ZIP Archive containing ".tab" files <-- Treat as regular .txt documents.
MIDI: Overgrowth Main Theme

Thanks everyone, and enjoy this beautiful piece of music!

wiweeyum

Re: Overgrowth Main Theme for Guitar Pro

Post by wiweeyum » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:00 pm

I'm converting this MIDI into MUS format and putting it into DOOM! Yeah, E1M8 right there.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:19 pm

For a moment I thought you meant a Finale file (which is also .mus) which would be silly since I could just give you the Finale file I made the PDF from...

But I don't think that would work in Doom...

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:25 am

I'm just glad this comes to any use ;)

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:05 pm

Epic! Gonna make a remix and post it on Newgrounds's Audio Portal. Unless that's copyright infringement... Are we allowed to distribute derivitive works free of charge?

Last bumped by Korban3 on Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:05 pm.