The Ghost Rabbit

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Flamespike
Location: Standing right behind you..... >.<[=l===> <<<thats a sword btw

Re: The Ghost Rabbit

Post by Flamespike » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:51 am

Hm... Let me check something....

[Ninjaedit]

Unfortunately everything is made in .png except for the MODEL TEXTURES GRARGH! their in .jpg So, you can't do Alpha channels like i'd hoped... Shitz.... If anyone can find a back route around this Let Me Know!

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:54 am

I'm pretty sure that the ghost rabbit is just the rabbit model, except there's no texture, just a glColor4f for coloring the polys. So it's hardcoded.

Aspen

Post by Aspen » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:48 pm

rudel_ic wrote:I'm pretty sure that the ghost rabbit is just the rabbit model, except there's no texture, just a glColor4f for coloring the polys. So it's hardcoded.
That is just about proof there is no way to pull it out, correct?

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:11 am

Rudel is correct. there is no opacity information saved in any of the model files, nor is there a texture for this. This has to be a hardcoded rendering scheme that is applied to the model instead of the default textured one.

There is no data saved for rabbits in level files concerning whether the game uses this rendering scheme on the rabbit model as opposed to the default. without changing the default rendering scheme to be the 'ghost' one there is no way to use this effect in custom levels without requiring console input, and even that is probably not possible in the compiled version we all have.

I think this would only be possible with the original source-code.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:12 am

I would very much like to hear the Dev's words on this matter, for it intrigues me verily.

tokage

Post by tokage » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:36 am

jo-shadow wrote: [..] without changing the default rendering scheme to be the 'ghost' one there is no way to use this effect in custom levels without requiring console input, and even that is probably not possible in the compiled version we all have.

I think this would only be possible with the original source-code.
tannim worked out the console command for going in an advanced tutorial mode. So it is possible to trigger it with console commands. It seems it doesn't save in the map though and overall isn't too stable.