Scores and Times

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Aspen

Scores and Times

Post by Aspen » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:55 pm

I am in need of assistance. I am attempting to compete with the skilled players of Lugaru, who seem to reside in this thread. But I am at a loss as to how to decrease the number of seconds it takes me to down my opponents, while (not simultaneously) increasing the number of points.

Score
I am presuming the secret to high scores revolves around the Meca Combo move, which is 5+ consecutive hits before the indicator which tells you of your previous combo fades away. (To keep getting consecutive hits, complete a successful attack before the red words of the previous attack fade.) To get the 4,711+ score, I am assuming I must take on all three opponents simultaneously and never lose my Meca Combo (once I obtain it.) This also means I must get a Flawless award, as opponent attacks disrupt combos. (I have not tested to see if the player can resume a barrage of attacks quickly enough to maintain the combo once hit.) However, I am not very good at fighting multiple opponents, which presents a problem. If you have tips, kindly shout them forth.

Speed
As to the secret of low times, I am at a complete loss. I presume one of the tactics would be to eliminate as many enemies as possible in as few moves as possible, such as Leg Cannon to Nice Aim. But I am not sure and would appreciate an assist.

h2ostra

Re: Scores and Times

Post by h2ostra » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:08 pm

I own a couple of the points records, so I may be able to give you some pointers (no pun intended). First off, for me, the wolves are the key to getting points. I generally just jump over them, then use a stream of close punch/ground kick combo's once you are behind them. If you are lucky, they will just push themselves up, rather than rolling, which will generally break your combo. This works on rabbits, too, but you will generally have to orient them so that you are kicking/punching them up a hill, as you will kick them too far, and break the combo on flat land.
One thing to keep in mind is that, when going for points, you want to cause as little damage per hit as possible, so as to get the most points per opponent. Also, it is worth noting that the diminishing point values mean that by the end of the round, it may be worth it to use leg cannons, or, even better, the corpse cannon (150 points) on weakened opponents (you will get the hang of what a rabbit can take pretty quick. wolves are a little harder to judge. This also saves you from the risk of being killed by that last opponent or two,after having beaten the others for a large point total.

All of the above is done on enemies that have been singled out, and lured into a place where you won't be noticed.

Here is a video of a 6,000+ point run I had on challenge 14:

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:54 pm

That is such beast video, h2ostra

Armored Wolf

Post by Armored Wolf » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:59 pm

Here are some tips.

1. Remember to use the attack button.
2. Remember to use the reversal button.

kehaar

Post by kehaar » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:53 pm

Dang, h2ostra, that amazes me every time I see it.

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:44 pm

It's hard to explain how to be awesome, you just have to become awesome yourself. Invertin might be able to help with awesomeness. (Ask for the can of awesome.) :wink:

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:48 am

You will never become awesome by being like another awesome person. Sure, a role-model can get you started, get you inspired, but emotion without action is irrelevant. You have to become your own awesome. Good luck.

gajnii.nii3

Post by gajnii.nii3 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:11 am

Scores and Times is not be rest. :roll:

GMC W5500 Parts