Renegade_Turner Schools the Wolfire Forums on Semantics

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Armored Wolf

Renegade_Turner Schools the Wolfire Forums on Semantics

Post by Armored Wolf » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:10 pm

The video tour of your development area, where Overgrowth happens.

The interview was announced in December 30th, 2009.
Liam Rudel requested a video tour. Okay, so far so good. Then, the first video appeared:
John's development environment, February 7th, 2010. A month goes by, with an update everyday. No more video log updates. In four days, it will have been TWO MONTHS since the video tour has occurred. And so far, nothing has happened.

Now, I realize that all the effort NOT PLACED into the video tour is going to Overgrowth. But, you did say you would, and we haven't seen anything else yet. A promise has been made and not fulfilled. Overgrowth is coming along nicely but I won't preorder until the beta stage. Back on topic: I am/was waiting for Aubrey's work station, which I hope will be next after this wait.

I am disgusted with the lack of updates. It is possible I have missed one, but I doubt it. I am here almost everyday and I am also subscribed to their YouTube account, so I should have spotted one or the other.

So, conclusion: It has been a little over 3 months since the video tour was requested, and nearly two months since the video tour has occurred. :|

EDIT: This is no longer about the video tour and is now about my homelessness, Freshbite's avatar, and mostly my anti-fan club.
EDIT 2: Apparently this is now about Renegade_Turner's immortality and my failure to leave the forums.
EDIT 3: Couldn't resist.
Last edited by Armored Wolf on Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.

h2ostra

Re: Disgusted

Post by h2ostra » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:33 pm

Hmm. Yes, they did promise a video tour, but at the same time, I think it's a little bit of an overreaction to be "disgusted" over what Wolfire really never had to do in the first place, and that they granted as a bonus for the fans. So, yes, I think it's fair to expect it's completetion, but I don't think it's anything worth getting upset about.

tokage

Post by tokage » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:56 am

Well, disgusted is such a strong word. Have you thought about just asking John or Jeff if and when they will continue it? There are so many channels to do that, live chat, mail, PM or a not so blamy forum post. Could be that they planned to do it but something other came in (some people demanded more technical posts) or they just forgot about it, because they have their hands full with other stuff.
A friendly reminder would have been so much better than this 'disgusting' rant.

Hale

Post by Hale » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:30 am

Thank you Armored Wolf, for stating something everybody already knows.

zamzx zik

Post by zamzx zik » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:44 pm

/lockflamebait

Armored Wolf

Post by Armored Wolf » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:19 pm

All right, disgusted was a bit over the top. If I wrote that now, instead of yesterday, I wouldn't be half as hardhanded.

Toby

Post by Toby » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:03 pm

Would be fun to see where they are hiding all day. Another video tour would be great.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:54 pm

Thank you for further evidencing the fact that you don't belong on these forums.

Armored Wolf

Post by Armored Wolf » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:16 am

Renegade_Turner wrote:Thank you for further evidencing the fact that you don't belong on these forums.
No problem! Want some more? I have no computer of my own, I use the library's computer.

Richie Rabbit

Post by Richie Rabbit » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:30 am

lol

Noz

Post by Noz » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:44 pm

Armored Wolf wrote:The video tour of your development area, where Overgrowth happens.

The interview was announced in December 30th, 2009.
Liam Rudel requested a video tour. Okay, so far so good. Then, the first video appeared:
John's development environment, February 7th, 2010. A month goes by, with an update everyday. No more video log updates. In four days, it will have been TWO MONTHS since the video tour has occurred. And so far, nothing has happened.

Now, I realize that all the effort NOT PLACED into the video tour is going to Overgrowth. But, you did say you would, and we haven't seen anything else yet. A promise has been made and not fulfilled. Overgrowth is coming along nicely but I won't preorder until the beta stage. Back on topic: I am/was waiting for Aubrey's work station, which I hope will be next after this wait.

I am disgusted with the lack of updates. It is possible I have missed one, but I doubt it. I am here almost everyday and I am also subscribed to their YouTube account, so I should have spotted one or the other.

So, conclusion: It has been a little over 3 months since the video tour was requested, and nearly two months since the video tour has occurred. :|

It's not like they even have to keep us in the loop.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:52 am

Armored Wolf wrote:
Renegade_Turner wrote:Thank you for further evidencing the fact that you don't belong on these forums.
No problem! Want some more? I have no computer of my own, I use the library's computer.
You're a spastic.

Armored Wolf

Post by Armored Wolf » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:03 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:
Armored Wolf wrote:
You're a spastic.
And you're redundant.

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:13 pm

Armored Wolf wrote:
I often use the engineering library computers to post here ... but not having a PC myself would be unimaginable ...

Also you post ALOT for not having a computer

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:23 am

He's found a corner in the library where they don't check and he sleeps there.