Phoenix 8-13-05 Beginning User Interface

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:58 pm

thingythekid wrote:Mostly off topic, does anyone know of a good OpenGL with C++ on Mac OS X tutorial? I've been looking all day...

Although I may just be suffering from BDD. (Brain Deficiency Disorder)
Been waiting all day to use that =p

http://www.edenwaith.com/products/pige/ ... ng/osx.php
http://nehe.gamedev.net

thingythekid

Post by thingythekid » Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:24 am

OK, obviously I was suffering from BDD. Thanks, Zip.
Zip wrote: Been waiting all day to use that =p
I'm glad you have such a busy life. You must never be bored. :P

Curses, why does my stupidity seem to flare up on these forums?

I did find the NeHe before, but it didn't seem to work. I'll try the two in combination.
Last edited by thingythekid on Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Nayr
wicked bad-ass title

Post by Nayr » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:03 am

use the macOS ports. you might have to change a header or two around, bt that won't kill you.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:12 pm

Nayr wrote:Jeff is right: pretty much everyone (probably including me) needs whippings. Honestly, 99% of everything on all the forums is crap. there's been way to much of "Is this gouing to run on my system? is there going to be Multiplayer/online play? has anyone played WoW? Why did Lugaru crash?" It's extremely sickening. if you guys are going t post this crap, do it in the randomness board, with warning plasteered all over it. I have no desire to hear about people whining over how Lugaru/2 should have X, or if they can help, or that they're making the next halo.

*apologizes for the rant and/or repeating stuff*
Excuse me if I'm wrong, but weren't you the one who JUST told them to leave Turner how he was, without any clothes. Isn't that telling them to make the game a certain way aswell? An example of something which would seemingly "sicken" you?

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:29 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:
Nayr wrote:Jeff is right: pretty much everyone (probably including me) needs whippings. Honestly, 99% of everything on all the forums is crap. there's been way to much of "Is this gouing to run on my system? is there going to be Multiplayer/online play? has anyone played WoW? Why did Lugaru crash?" It's extremely sickening. if you guys are going t post this crap, do it in the randomness board, with warning plasteered all over it. I have no desire to hear about people whining over how Lugaru/2 should have X, or if they can help, or that they're making the next halo.

*apologizes for the rant and/or repeating stuff*
Excuse me if I'm wrong, but weren't you the one who JUST told them to leave Turner how he was, without any clothes. Isn't that telling them to make the game a certain way aswell? An example of something which would seemingly "sicken" you?
Good point.
Or it would be.. if it weren't about a year late? :P

Flickta

Post by Flickta » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:21 am

Renegade_Turner wrote: Excuse me if I'm wrong, but weren't you the one who JUST told them to leave Turner how he was, without any clothes.
I actually was (and still am) against dressing Turner. I like Lugaru's armour stuff though.

toshiro

Post by toshiro » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:47 am

In my opinion, armour should have a negative effect on agility. It doesn't make sense that someone would wear 50+ kg of plates, chains and underwear (else it chafes) and move as if he wore a loincloth.

Eric
Support Ninja Master

Post by Eric » Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:17 am

i most definelty agree. armor, or clothing for that matter, should have a weight factor. with this system agility should be inversly proportional to agility, speed and basically anything else that is hard to do when you are weighed down.

Silb
Master cartographer

Post by Silb » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:22 am

From the Turner concept thread:
David wrote:Armor will effect movement speed
:)

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:00 am

But what's with the things you can't see? (I'm hooked on the concept interview for MGS4 from the E3)
If you wear heavy armor, you sweat more, so the enemy and especially wolves will smell you earlier.
And if you get hit by an enemy and you've got plates, he gets hurt as well.
Roundhouse kicks, spin kicks and other such moves affect your stance stability.
Once you fall, you're having a hard time getting up.
Climbing is very very hard.
Wearing an armor is really exhausting, thus the effectiveness in combat decreases.
Et cetera et cetera..
Don't know whether I want to play a game like that though, I'd have to try it out.

Whoops, off-topic again.

Silb
Master cartographer

Post by Silb » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:48 am

I think the topic died a few posts into the first page. Long live the topic.

Anyway, why worry, rudel? David did an awesome job balancing the gameplay in L1. He can pull that off again 8)

*takes mental note to create "I trust David" bumper stickers*