Fan Art

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
tokage

Re: Fan Art

Post by tokage » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:08 pm

Dual wielding, that was what I thought when I saw that sickle and now you added it.

The concept is really nice and well thought out. Will be looking forward to see this in a mod.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:36 am

Andrige, here's a start of a piece of what I like to call "recursive fanart". I have been so busy for the last three or so months that I haven't modeled anything out of school, but your concept art was just too good to not try to model it in 3d...
BearRace_recursive_fanart.jpg
If I ever finish it, would you mind it if I released it as an OG mod?

I'm not that good at character modeling yet and quite busy in school, so finishing the modeling of this could take some time. And I'm also rather poor at texturing, so all the other character models I have done (including another fanart of a fanart based on Ylvali's moleman) are on indefinite hold as well... So if I do release this it's months away, perhaps in late summer, but it could easily take much longer than that.

Andrige

Post by Andrige » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:16 am

That would be pretty neat actually! I do know how to create stuff in 3D myself but since I'm busy doing my own game I wouldn't mind if someone else would follow up on this.
I had some vague ideas that I could maybe create a model myself but I prefer reality over fiction so I decided I was satisfied with just doing the conceptart.
Also if you are not that good at texturing I could probably do that. It's the one step in the model-creation process I really enjoy so (as opposed to limiting polys, bones, skin-weighting, UV-mapping etc...etc...ugh) and I think I'm fairly decent at it so.
And if I get more time over I might make a blueprint as well, I can imagine basing it on the conceptart can be quite hard.
Cheers!

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:10 am

Andrige wrote:Also if you are not that good at texturing I could probably do that. It's the one step in the model-creation process I really enjoy so (as opposed to limiting polys, bones, skin-weighting, UV-mapping etc...etc...ugh) and I think I'm fairly decent at it so.
That would be nice. I'll probably try to texture it myself, too, but I'm not sure when I have the time and if it's worth showing. :lol:

The character is mostly just a generic humanoid body with few ursine traits, and what little I know about anatomy seems to be enough so far. The feet and the head/neck are the parts I'll probably have most trouble with, as far as the modeling goes (and that's also the reason they aren't in the screenshot - the first head was really crappy).

Andrige

Post by Andrige » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:32 pm

Wrote some more on their background/lore, [Link]

And if you ever want some help with the texturing Endoperez just give me a PM :p
Also to give some feedback I think the belly and legs looks wonky (legs spread far apart and belly high up), although I guess my conceptart could very well not be "anatomically working" to base a 3D-model on.

ArmoredWolf

Post by ArmoredWolf » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:48 am

Attachments
whaleman
whaleman

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:12 am

It could be worse ...

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:13 am

I tried...and failed...to draw something neat.

cameleopard42

Post by cameleopard42 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:53 am

There are actually four meanings to Overgrowth. I think one of them was overpopulation, but I don't know the others.

Aperson4321

Post by Aperson4321 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:52 am

Owergrowth need zepliners....

So I maed one piczur

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:44 am

Haha, that's actually pretty cool. Nicely done.

Aperson4321

Post by Aperson4321 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:36 am

Freshbite

Thank you!! :D :P :P

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:14 pm

I think it's great that you start your forum debut with creativity rather than arguments!
This have you stuck out of the pack, mate!

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:27 pm

Aperson, that's an awesome picture. Must have taken quite the steady hand to get all of those ropes in there. :mrgreen:

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:06 pm

yeah he's made me quite jealous, i'm finishing up on 2 years of GCSE art and i can't draw like that! :(

still, loving it aperson! :D