How long to bleed out?

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Djemps

How long to bleed out?

Post by Djemps » Mon May 17, 2010 12:34 pm

So I'm stuck on Challenge 11 right now. I've got a strategy, but I find it very frustrating when I throw a knife directly into a Wolf's chest and then he continues to fight me for another full minute until he finally succeeds in killing me instead. There my body lays on the ground as a bloody wolf stands over it with a knife jutting out of his sternum. How long does it take for one of these guys to bleed out? Are they even affected by knife wounds? It's not like I'm sticking the Wolf with a knife and then running away. I continue to pound on him but he always seems to reverse the battle at some point and kill me.

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Mon May 17, 2010 12:50 pm

That's not how bleeding works in Lugaru. For better of for worse.

Bleeding just does a set amount of damage a couple of seconds after the initial wound. It doesn't continue indefinitely.

If you want to kill wolves with a knife, your best bet is to throw it into him, then knock him over, then roll over him while he's down and tear the knife out. It's an instant kill. Alternatively, you can knock him over with a leg sweep then stab him while he's on the ground. Also an instant kill.

Djemps

Re: How long to bleed out?

Post by Djemps » Mon May 17, 2010 1:16 pm

Wow. It's cool to learn all the little intricacies that are programmed into Lugaru. I never thought taking the knife out of a Wolf would do additional damage. I'll give that a try!

Djemps

Post by Djemps » Mon May 17, 2010 2:28 pm

Ok. That just made things a LOT easier! I've been killing Wolves left and right. Now I'm at the challenge in the snow with 3 Wolves. No Knives to help me out so I'm just gonna have to muscle up and take them down like the hardcore ninja rabbit that I am.

underthedeep

Post by underthedeep » Mon May 17, 2010 3:13 pm

the classic jump, flip and backstab works well on wolves too.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Mon May 17, 2010 3:29 pm

^Only with a sword, though, because if you have the knife in your hands before you land on the ground they will cartwheel away. You have to land RIGHT behind them and have super fast reflexes to do it with a knife.

tannim

Post by tannim » Mon May 17, 2010 3:55 pm

A fun method with a knife is trip the wolf crouch quick and stab him while he's down. Takes practice as it's hard to aim a stabbing like that.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:36 am

If you have 2 knives, and have successfully thrown a knife into the wolf's chest (or back), you can then arm the 2nd knife and perform a reverse, and the wolf will die while falling.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:24 pm

@ariehl: Yeah, it's probably because of the slash damage. I know if you have a knife or sword equipped when you do a reversal that you'll automatically cut whoever you're reversing.

nutcracker

Post by nutcracker » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:43 am

Ragdollmaster wrote:^Only with a sword, though, because if you have the knife in your hands before you land on the ground they will cartwheel away. You have to land RIGHT behind them and have super fast reflexes to do it with a knife.
You don't need super fast reflexes, its an easy thing. It just too boring to actually use it since it takes the fun away from actually fighting. I cleared the relucant assasin wolves with that trick because there were so damn many of them and one can only take on 3 wolves at a time.

Lord_of_Sausage

Post by Lord_of_Sausage » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:48 am

Ragdollmaster wrote:^Only with a sword, though, because if you have the knife in your hands before you land on the ground they will cartwheel away. You have to land RIGHT behind them and have super fast reflexes to do it with a knife.
Did this against the lastboss ^^

Flipped off a wall, landed behind him, BACKSTAB!
I was awed by my own skills ^^

cachiporrin
Froot Loop!!!

Post by cachiporrin » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:13 pm

well, I do that the whole time, and I don't think I have super reflexes

invertin

Post by invertin » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:12 am

if you do it right with the knife they sometimes cartwheel into a position where you can backstab them better