Nitsua

Re: Wolfire = Lawful Good

Post by Nitsua » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:06 am

Were the cuss is bungie?

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:43 am

Nitsua wrote:Were the cuss is bungie?
Off making Halo 8?
Renegade_Turner wrote:I've used a Mac once or twice recently at friends' houses and was vastly confused. I see that as a fail on their part. I could kind of basically navigate it but it was extremely difficult. Windows is much more accessible.
Must... not ... bite...

Sandurz

Post by Sandurz » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:26 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:I've used a Mac once or twice recently at friends' houses and was vastly confused. I see that as a fail on their part. I could kind of basically navigate it but it was extremely difficult. Windows is much more accessible.

Linux I've never tried.
I have to say, out of all of the OSs I've used, Linux (Ubuntu) is the easiest. Windows is, to say the least, the most unstable of the bunch. On my current comp, it started crashing a few weeks after it got set up. And no, it wasn't user error, I only used it for word processing and easy stuff like that. My old Mac never crashed, ever, in the entire six years I used it. That being said, it's too hard to use well, it's very customizable. Besides the appearance. That was very customizable.....-ish...

Now Linux, this was made for people like me. The guy who know more than the average person about computers, but not even close to guru-dom. I can do whatever I want and more.

Yay offtopicness!

DJisbored

Post by DJisbored » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:46 pm

I think it's more of which one you're accustomed to. People who use Windows will usually think that Windows is more accessible, and pretty much everyone who has a Mac thinks the same for their OS. I grew up on a Mac so navigating through it is second nature, but I find most of the navigation on Windows idiotic (although I can get around on it better than most of the kids at my school). I think it all comes down to which one you've spent enough time on to find all the shortcuts. I have nothing to say towards Linux because I've never used it, although I would like to try at some point in my life.

Oh, I'm sorry. Did we have a topic? Not anymore.

Ragdollmaster

Re:

Post by Ragdollmaster » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:14 pm

Zhukov wrote:
Nitsua wrote:Were the cuss is bungie?
Off making Halo 8?
Hey guys, let's laugh at how Bungie is milking their one good idea for money.

When that gets boring, we can laugh at how they sold their souls to Microsoft.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:48 pm

Bungie have had infinite good ideas. If the idea is to make games that most people enjoy playing, they're winning.

If the idea is artistic integrity, yeah, they're losing. But I'm sure they'd rather be wealthy losers than poor winners. Hahaha that has many puns.

Lord_of_Sausage wrote:Zynga is the company that brought us FARMVILLE!

AND YOVILLE... AND FISHVILLE... AND PETVILLE... AND CAFÉVILLE!... AND VILLEVILLE!

i think...
Oh...I despise Farmville.

And Mafia Wars.

And generally all of the shit Facebook applications people invite you to.

That guy wrote:*Stuff about the computer which you're not used to having features which appear at first to have been bad navigational decisions.*
That's a good point. I suppose if I were used to using a Mac all my life, then Windows may well have seemed to be full of navigational flaws like "Why did they do it that way?" It's just the navigation of a Mac initially struck me as being filled with arbitrary navigational features. It felt quite clunky. It wasn't accessible to me really. Pretty much the first time I was on a Windows computer I got the hang of it straight away. It's quite clear what to do. I didn't find that with the Mac.

Plus, it's fun to piss people like Zhukov off just for the craic. lollll

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:03 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:Bungie have had infinite good ideas. If the idea is to make games that most people enjoy playing, they're winning.

By "idea", I just mean the concept of Halo- the universe and plot etc. You have to admit that at the very least, Halo Wars and ODST were 'milkings' of the series, not truly sincere efforts on the part of Bungie to expand their series IN THEIR EVER-LOVING PASSION, more like just excuses of games that ride on the hype of the previous games' success. Reach seems to be much more closely related to the main story line.

Endoperez

Re: Re:

Post by Endoperez » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:57 pm

I haven't even PLAYED a Bungie game, and I still seem to know more about what they're working on than you guys... :roll:
Halo: Reach will be Bungie's last game in the franchise, while the company's first original IP, yet to be announced, is "close" to finding its publisher.

Consumer site IGN quotes Bungie senior designer Lars Bakken as saying, "After Reach that's it for us. We're already working on a new IP that we can't talk about yet, I don't know when we'll be talking about it -- when we're ready I suppose."
http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_i ... tory=24578
"It’s no secret that while the full might of our studio has focused on making Halo: Reach," said the studio on Bungie.net, "another core team, led by our co-founder and Studio Creative Director, Jason Jones, has already begun laying the groundwork to bring our newest universe, stories, and characters to life."
http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/70432 ... sion-.html
Oct. 5, 2007 — Bungie and Microsoft Corp. today announced a plan for Bungie Studios, the developers of Microsoft’s “Halo” franchise, to become a privately held independent company, Bungie, LLC, in which Microsoft will hold a minority equity interest.
http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx ... &cid=12835
There were a lot of great things that Bungie got out of Microsoft. I was a release manager, operations budget manager at Microsoft, when Bungie was acquired, and came over and brought my team to Bungie after we shipped Halo. Bungie's always been a studio that could make great games. I think what my team brought the most was a level of discipline and software quality that made it a game that 8 million people could buy and play. What that means to the customer is you have a reliable, fun experience - you don't lose your saved games because it doesn't fail, it doesn't lock up on you. You have a balanced, fluid experience while you're online or when you're playing through the campaign. That has an effect on the perceived quality.
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/t ... _4_na.html

Radu

Post by Radu » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:05 am

Sandurz wrote: Windows is, to say the least, the most unstable of the bunch. On my current comp, it started crashing a few weeks after it got set up.
It's a Windows tradition to crash after the first two weeks.
When XP came out i was like ZOMGWTF this is so cool. After a week all the people knew about it and after three weeks all the people called about XP crashing and having loads of errors.

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:47 am

Renegade_Turner wrote:Plus, it's fun to piss people like Zhukov off just for the craic. lollll
Eh. I'm not exactly pissed off. I don't hate windows with the passion that I once did. I've gotten somewhat used to it and fixed my driver issues. Still more comfortable with OSX though.

Also, I just learned a new word. But how exactly does one pronounce "craic"?

Dudeman

Re:

Post by Dudeman » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:25 pm

Zhukov wrote:
Also, I just learned a new word. But how exactly does one pronounce "craic"?
I think its pronounced "Crae-ick"

Sandurz

Post by Sandurz » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:37 pm

I've heard it pronounced crack, but it might be wrong.

Nitsua

Post by Nitsua » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:38 pm

Where exactley would Insomniac and Naughty Dog fit on that scale.

@ Renegade Turner: OSX FTW

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:48 pm

Chaotic Good?

Fournine
.hacker

Post by Fournine » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:40 am

Is it really that hard to look it up? - [Craic (Wiki)]