Transformice

Anything else
invertin

Transformice

Post by invertin » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:20 pm

Transformice is a 2D platformer. You can jump, run and crouch. You have to get to a piece of cheese at one end of the level, and then return to the start. Simple? Wrong.

You aren't the only mouse. Transformice is online, and there are loads of you everywhere. And all of you are trying to get to the cheese. But that's not so bad, except on the levels where you can collide with eachother, so that's-

Wrong. There's also physics, which means that there are rolling objects, moving objects, swings, rope bridges, weighted see-saw platforms that you have to balance on to get further. But, still not a problem, every level is completable, so all it requires is some skill.

No. One of the mice is the "Shaman". Who has magical powers, mostly revolving around spawning platforms and creating constructions to help you out. He can also royally screw up the entire game and kill everyone. And a lot of maps require the Shaman's help to succeed.

Combine them all together.

Everyone dies.

http://www.Transformice.com/en

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Re: Transformice

Post by Blorx » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:25 pm

I've been playing a bit. Fun time waster. Unfortunately, there's no teamwork occurring xD

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:31 pm

I tried it out a little while ago, it was like controlling a mutated little lemming with someone else trying to actively kill you.

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:28 pm

Hahaha, that looks hella fun.

If it weren't for the fact that I have to go to work in 5 hours and that I haven't slept yet, I would have totally tried it. But hey, now I have something to do when I get home!

Thanks!

Fournine
.hacker

Post by Fournine » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:18 pm

My SN is Fournine, in case any of you want to observe a fine demonstration of mob stupidity with me. I don't think you can friend people who aren't online, though.

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:07 am

I don't really like playing games like that, they would be alright, if anybody would actually use teamwork, but nobody does, so it turns into a steaming heap of shit. Just like with GTA 4, there's a free roam mode for you to mess around with, and games for you to play competitively, but nobody uses free roam to mess around, so your potentially awesome game mode turns into a noob-fest of the highest caliber...

nutcracker

Post by nutcracker » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:53 am

I was very annoyed by noob shamans

invertin

Post by invertin » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:00 pm

zoidberg rules wrote:I don't really like playing games like that, they would be alright, if anybody would actually use teamwork, but nobody does, so it turns into a steaming heap of shit. Just like with GTA 4, there's a free roam mode for you to mess around with, and games for you to play competitively, but nobody uses free roam to mess around, so your potentially awesome game mode turns into a noob-fest of the highest caliber...
That's the point. This game is never supposed to be a teamwork experience. If you are playing to win, you're playing it wrong. This is not for winning, this is for fun and entertainment.

Which is more fun, 50 mice working together perfectly and everyone making it to the end every single level, or physics screwing everyone over in new and wonderful ways while the dead watch and laugh, the shaman makes things worse and everything that could possibly go wrong does?

Sandurz

Post by Sandurz » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:25 pm

BEST! EVER!

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:00 pm

Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong

Fournine
.hacker