Guy seeks game.

Anything else
Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Re: Guy seeks game.

Post by Renegade_Turner » Tue May 04, 2010 7:56 pm

I did play it. My brother downloaded it. I played a bit of it. Like you described, doing nothing while trying to be surreal.

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Wed May 05, 2010 12:19 pm

are you over dragon age yet?

by the way, cant remember what thread we were talking about it on, but i just bought bioshock, and ill start playing it soon

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Thu May 06, 2010 4:29 am

zoidberg rules wrote:are you over dragon age yet?
Yes.
zoidberg rules wrote:by the way, cant remember what thread we were talking about it on...

This one?
zoidberg rules wrote:but i just bought bioshock, and ill start playing it soon
Good.

Incidentally, I would be interested in hearing your opinion once you're done.

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Thu May 06, 2010 6:28 am

if your over dragonage, get mass effect 2!!!!

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Thu May 06, 2010 6:46 am

zoidberg rules wrote:if your over dragonage, get mass effect 2!!!!
I will. After I play AvP. And after uni slows down a bit.

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Thu May 06, 2010 6:47 am

fair enough, but still, it is a great game.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:17 am

I have to revive this game to ask if you've played S.W.A.T. 4. It's like Rainbow Six except not shit. Basically you go in and bring all the suspects and civilians into custody, if you let a hostage/civilian get killed you fail the mission, if you kill or incapacitate any suspects you don't get as much points as if you arrest them, if one of your 4 team members is incapacitated then you lose points from your score, if you die you obviously fail, gaining a perfect score requires you to report all civilians, suspects and squad members who are either taken into custody, incapacitated or killed. All firearms must be acquired from suspects and around the level if any are found.

I'm loving this game. Actually loving it. Also, it actually gets quite difficult in the later levels, even on Normal. But replaying a mission over and over again isn't frustrating. The enemies locations and patrol routes are changed every time. They're randomised, in other words. If someone hears your shout to get down nearby, they'll come check for the source of the noise. It's actually quite rewarding when you eventually get the mission perfect. In some levels during the brief you've the option of choosing your entry point. There are snipers in some missions who have taken up vantage points in nearby buildings and who you can take control of to take out a suspect, and who will provide you with information about the whereabouts of suspects. There are Rules Of Engagement, but the ROE's don't apply to the snipers. If you shoot a suspect with a lethal weapon when they haven't either pointed their weapon at you or a hostage, or shot at you or a hostage, then you are breaching the correct ROE's and will take a penalty of 30 points from your scor (Scores are out of a 100, if it takes you 50 points to pass the mission and you're on 79, shooting a suspect who is either complying or hasn't resisted and hasn't threatened resistance will fail you the mission). The score it takes to pass is dependant on the difficulty setting. Elite takes a perfect score of 100/100 to pass.

The best thing about this game is the non-lethal weapons. CS gas grenades (tear gas), Sting grenades, Flashbang grenades, Tazers, Beanbag shotguns, Pepper Ball Guns, C2 Breaching Charges. All of these are amazing, although breaching charges can be a kill or incapacitation if someone is standing on the other side of the door, although using one won't deduct points from your score for either incapacitation, killing the suspect, or breaching the ROE's.

Yeah, anyway, get this game. SWAT 4. It's made by the same team who made System Shock 2, Bioshock, Thief: The Dark Project and Freedom Force. Now I bet you're interested. Even if you've already played it, I just wanted to rant about it.

The only drawback is the oddly precise enemy AI and the oft retarded friendly AI.

Here's a video of what I thought was personally the toughest mission. This guy makes it look easy even though it's on Elite. This game is really difficult on Normal alone, Elite is a complete bitch. This video perfectly displays why this game is awesome. Had to restart this level so many times until I eventually passed it.

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:11 am

I could not play SWAT 4, I would either be great at it, or absolutely crap, since my approach is almost always run in, all guns blazing, kill everything, run away, on the point of SWAT 4 though, Spoony did a playthrough of SWAT 4.

Oh, and Zhukov, I am playing it, not very far into it, but I am already in love, I definitely agree with what you said about the brilliant AI, and incidentally, I also find myself having more sympathy than hate for the Big Daddies, once I have finished it, I may get Bioshock 2, although, this will probably have to be after September, since I need Halo: Reach to live so.. :? :lol:

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:44 pm

That's kind of shit. You'd be shit at the game, then.

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:18 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:I have to revive this game to ask if you've played S.W.A.T. 4.

Looks pretty good, if a little dull in theme.

Also, why is the guy in that video cuffing hostages all the time?
zoidberg rules wrote:Oh, and Zhukov, I am playing it, not very far into it, but I am already in love, I definitely agree with what you said about the brilliant AI, and incidentally, I also find myself having more sympathy than hate for the Big Daddies, once I have finished it, I may get Bioshock 2, although, this will probably have to be after September, since I need Halo: Reach to live so..
Glad to hear it.

Incidentally, I played ME2 a while back. It was awesome. I mean, sure, there's plenty of stuff I could bitch about (themininggamesucksandwherethefuckiswrex) but my complaints were rapidly washed away by the awesome. Good stuff.

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:08 am

I definitely agree with you with what you say about the mining thing, gets really dull when it gets to the point at which you are looking for 50,000 of any material! :evil:

With the whole "wherethefuckdisWrex?" part, that's down to the moral choice in ME1.
SPOILER ALERT!
In Mass Effect 1, you had the choice, when on Virmire, to either kill or spare Wrex if you kill him, people don't like you when you go to Tuchanka in ME2, but if you spare him, he's the leader of Clan Urdnot. Gotta love that...Ummm...Guy?...Does that count for Krogans?

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:20 am

Oh, I know where Wrex is, and why.

What annoys me is that he isn't in my crew. He was my favourite party member from the first game. Grunt, while a decent character in his own right, is a poor substitute.

Oh well, at least they gave me Tali back.

invertin

Post by invertin » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:29 am

Spoilersandstuffs. Although you've probably either played it or don't care.

I find it incredibly annoying that whether or not Wrex dies has no effect on Tuchanka. If you kill him, clan Urdnot love you. If you spare him, Clan Urdnot love you. I'd like some effects behind my choices plzkthx. :/

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:32 am

I'm hoping there's gonna be some huge thing in ME3 that basically makes it so that, if you killed him and let one of the others die on Virmire, it comes back to bite you in the ass, and by "it", I mean roughly 50mm of Tungsten...Or, at least, that's just what I want... :lol:

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Re:

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:30 am

Zhukov wrote:
Renegade_Turner wrote:I have to revive this game to ask if you've played S.W.A.T. 4.

Looks pretty good, if a little dull in theme.

Also, why is the guy in that video cuffing hostages all the time?
Dull in theme? There's not supposed to be any story. Lol. It makes more sense to have no story for a game like this than it does to have story.

He's cuffing all the hostages because SWAT is supposed to cuff all civilians and suspects at the scene. This is due to various reasons, obviously so that hostages won't be running around the scene disturbing your operation. In real life there is a team which comes behind SWAT named "Cleaners" who clear out all tied up or incapacitated hostages and suspects. Also, someone who seems like a hostage could actually be a suspect masquerading as a hostage, so if you didn't tie up every civilian someone could get the jump on you. The civilians even make pain-in-the-ass comments while you're tying them up like "You're supposed to be tying them up, not us!" and "I thought you were here to save us!" and "This is a great rescue, isn't it?" This usually makes me want to tazer them. "Only doing my job, ma'am."