Real Names

Anything else
Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Real Names

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:43 am

Just realised I don't really know anyone's real names except Gray's. He's Ben. That's the only one I know. Just thought it might be nice if people provided their first names, no surnames required because many people are sketchy on offering up too much personal information on the internet, and I am too, so first name is as far as I'll go, and as far as I'll request of anyone else. Just figured it would be a nice gesture for the people of the community to get on first name terms. I know there's a thread for introductions but I figured a small thread which is simply for first names would be cool.

I'll start.

I'm Andy, or Andrew. You can stop calling me Ren now. Or you can keep calling me Ren.

Endoperez

Re: Real Names

Post by Endoperez » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:12 am

I'm Janne. It's a common Finnish name that most English speakers will probably find quite alien. Because of that, I won't mind being called Endo.

My surname isn't Perez, btw. In fact, when I tried to come up with a nick that didn't mean anything, I thought perez with 'z' was sure to be a unique combination of letters. :roll:

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:21 am

Haha, that's a cool name! It's probably only cool to me because it's Finnish. My friend is Finnish-Irish and his name is Ernin Bent, but that's his shortened name, his actual full name is something crazy with lots of words that only he can pronounce.

And yeah Perez is actually quite a common name. Haha. I didn't even know Endo and Perez were supposed to be separate, I always read it as Endoperez.

You're Janne from now on. =]

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:02 am

I'm Viktor. It's sort of a common name, but the spelling always differs from person to person. Us Swedes just found it funny to remove the "C".

I've got to say, Andy, this will probably be a good idea. Things just got a little more personal. Well, until we fight each other off and have to attend couple therapy. Image

nutcracker

Post by nutcracker » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:09 am

My name is Justus, means righteous, just, and shit like that
My 2nd first name Akilles, coming from Achilleus the supa warrior/ ½ god.

I will smite you all.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:17 am

My name is---dammit Andy, way to go, ruining the suspense.

Doodie head.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:35 am

I actually wrote a blogpost about this a few days ago. Click my website thing under my avatar to read it.

I'm Wolf.

Jackrabbit

Post by Jackrabbit » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:33 pm

I was born in the Netherlands and I think my whole family is Dutch yet I have an Italian name ^^
Luca, or call me Luke, it's what most people prefer :roll:

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:44 pm

My given first name is Armin, which I got because I was born in Austria (ie a heavily Germanic country, hence the Germanic name) and it happened to be a pretty popular boys' name in '96. Though culturally, I'm not actually Austrian, my entire family is Bosnian- they were just kind of chilling in Austria after a bit of a war.

Fun fact, in case I haven't touted it around yet: I was born in Hitler's hometown.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:08 pm

rudel_ic wrote:I actually wrote a blogpost about this a few days ago. Click my website thing under my avatar to read it.

I'm Wolf.
It might be sad, but...I am so fucking envious of you. Hahaha.
Ragdollmaster wrote:My given first name is Armin, which I got because I was born in Austria (ie a heavily Germanic country, hence the Germanic name) and it happened to be a pretty popular boys' name in '96.
Armin Tanzarian?! =D
Freshbite wrote:I'm Viktor, or Vick for short. It's sort of a common name, but the spelling always differs from person to person. Us Swedes just found it funny to remove the "C".

I've got to say, Andy, this will probably be a good idea. Things just got a little more personal. Well, until we fight each other off and have to attend couple therapy. Image
Viktor. Weird, that's the name I used to use the whole time when asked to pick a name for my characters in RPG. Usually picked either Viktor or Damus for the main character. Probably because Viktor was a really cool character in Suikoden II.

Haha cheers I just thought it odd that we'd never all been introduced by name...I like the results! The response from the community is good. =]

Grayswandir wrote:My name is---dammit Andy, way to go, ruining the suspense.

Doodie head.
Ben, it's only right that I introduce you to the Forums since we're future husband and husband.
nutcracker wrote:My name is Justus, means righteous, just, and shit like that
My 2nd first name Akilles, coming from Achilleus the supa warrior/ ½ god.

I will smite you all.
That's a righteous name, duuuuude.
Jackrabbit wrote:I was born in the Netherlands and I think my whole family is Dutch yet I have an Italian name ^^
Luca, or call me Luke, it's what most people prefer :roll:
Nah I prefer Luca, it sounds cool. I think Italian's a pretty cool language. The country itself is probably my favourite country that isn't Ireland. Love Italy. Went there 5 years in a row.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:21 pm

My name is Roland, I just throw the Count on there because I was named after Count Roland and about the first thing I did on the internet requiring a name at all was playing Marathon 2, so it seemed highly appropriate to be the Count.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:19 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:And yeah Perez is actually quite a common name. Haha. I didn't even know Endo and Perez were supposed to be separate, I always read it as Endoperez.
They're not separate, I just think it's funny that my "original" name has such common components.

I wonder what the real names of the Wolfire developers are! the only one I know is Aubrey. :P

BlackHole

Post by BlackHole » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:21 pm

My real name is Daniël, though I've grown so used to my nickname Black that in real life I tend to respond to it just as fast to as my real name. :)

Among friends, I'm also called Daan somtimes. It's easier to shout. ^^

~ Black
Science is always wrong. It never solves a problem without creating ten more.

Precastwig

Post by Precastwig » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:14 pm

My name is felix.

As in the cat food, yes.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:41 pm

@R_T: Haha, no. The name itself is probably a derivation of Arminius (that guy was pretty hardcore etc)