Funniest moments in Lugaru...

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Funniest moments in Lugaru...

Post by Grayswandir » Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:15 am

Yes, yes another way to pass the time until Lugaru 2 comes out. If this has already been posted, I apologize.

These made me laugh out-right, yes, I'm probably a sick and disturbed person.

I'll need to recreate these in-game, rather than just tell you about them, but funny things I've done/seen in Lugaru:

*bunnies jumping off edges (Challenge level 10)
*bunnies beating each other with their fists(yeah, this one was weird, I dunno how to recreate this one exactly, except pausing at the right moment...which is hard when you're trying to run away from 6 bunnies with the need to beat Turner into a bloody pile of ground bunny meat) When I say that I don't just mean models running into each other, I mean actually damaging each other...of course, I could be wrong about this one and it could've been something I did.
*getting a bunny stuck half off of an edge so that it looks like its been draped off of it like someone would lay their clothing on a chair
*piling bodies (I did this in that custom level Guard House)
*cartwheeling end over end (you need something sticking up out of the ground, and the will to jump at it at the right angle) and then killing someone as they jump at you (I dunno how to reproduce this one, except by chance)
*spinning yourself around like a top (This involves letting yourself get beat up and cornered by a large group of baddies)
*Dying after jumping into the air and running into a baddie (get yourself near death and jump at an enemy)

If anyone can recreate these before I can get pictures up, feel free, and post how you did it too!

And if anyone can think of other thigns, post 'em!

Evil Penguin

Post by Evil Penguin » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:06 am

I t-bagged my wife's body in the 3rd Campagin level.
Jumping all the over to the "Stranger" from the giant block. in Campaign level 1, and rolling all the way down the hill. (Dead)

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:39 am

:!:
Last edited by Usagi on Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ultimatum479
Meh. Inadequate.

Re: Funniest moments in Lugaru...

Post by Ultimatum479 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:22 pm

Grayswandir wrote:*getting a bunny stuck half off of an edge so that it looks like its been draped off of it like someone would lay their clothing on a chair
*Dying after jumping into the air and running into a baddie (get yourself near death and jump at an enemy)
As to the first, I first learned my comp was messed up with screenshots while trying to take a pic of that. I'd bullseyed a bunny on Challenge 2 and he was draped over the edge with a knife in his chest.

You shouldn't have to be near death for the second if you're playing on Insane. Depending on the momentum of both people, it's quite easy to kill yourself from nearly full health by colliding with a bunny in mid-air.

I always hate it when I reverse a knife slice successfully, but a tad bit late. I end up dying with the knife in my hand. It _really_ sucks when it's the last enemy of a level and the reverse kills him, so you die after winning, basically.

Vib Rib
Lugaru da Vinci

Post by Vib Rib » Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:40 pm

Damn, Usagi, if there were any doubts that you'd mastered bunny-destroying, they've now been allayed. Those are some of the best shots of skeletal shattering I've seen from this game. Good on ya.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:52 pm

Okay, first how do you get screenshots to work w/o getting all messed up and ugly, and how do you use the staff successfully? I've read the wiki page and I only seem to be able to use the damn thing by chance or if I'm lucky enough to be ontop of someone laying on the ground where I can take out my frustrations on them.

bbobwillie

Post by bbobwillie » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:31 pm

how do u get screenshots
?

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:34 pm

Last edited by Usagi on Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:55 pm

On that challenge level that uses the Snow Terrain textures that's floating in the air. Can't remember the level number off the top of my head.
Well not only did I get some of those dang rabbits to jump off the edge...one of them somehow got himself (itself?) stuck on the ledge below the main platform. Not the large one below the center of the level, but right along the edge...I couldn't figure out where he was so I ended up dying trying to jump down and I saw him as I fell by him flailing my arms like an idiot...
Now, if I could get my computer to take pictures that weren't all streaked with lines...

Evil Penguin

Post by Evil Penguin » Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:55 pm

What is really funny is jumping down from the block, and landing at your wife's feet, "I'm hoooooome-*splat*"

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:03 pm

Last edited by Usagi on Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Evil Penguin

Post by Evil Penguin » Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:03 pm

I read that when it came out. But thanks anyways, I tried that, and it never worked for me.

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:35 pm

Evil Penguin

Post by Evil Penguin » Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:08 am

xD! That must have been hilarious, I generall just spend my time knifing a single poor bunny, I knifed one for 1.5 hours! (Yes, I need better things to do with my time.)

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:21 am