No widescreen, dodgy resolutions, windows 7?

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Ziggy

No widescreen, dodgy resolutions, windows 7?

Post by Ziggy » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:23 am

Okay, so I just redeemed the HIB1 key on steam after buying the HIB2 and yay, I finally have Lugaru HD :D

Oh look, it's murphy's law again, back from breaking cortex command for me to screw up yet another game I want to play after loving the trial :?

Alrightey, so my problem is that the resolutions will work in 640x480 and I up to 1280x1024, then the rest of the resolutions (including 1600x[whatever]) just revert to 1280x1024 and make my cry. Is there a command line thingy or something I can do to force the game into a widescreen resolution? I've tried changing the config.txt file in the game's data folder to use my resolution 1920x1080 but it still goes back to 1280x1024. Tried making it read only too.
I just know it has something to do with windows 7...

I searched google for answers for about half an hour, no love from the wolfire wiki or anywhere else. I'd try searching longer but I I've already spent about half my life doing that for all of my other games. I just want my kung fu bunnies :cry:

Thanks

Kutan

Re: No widescreen, dodgy resolutions, windows 7?

Post by Kutan » Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:14 am

Wow, I have the same exact problem. Setting the resolution higher than 1280x1024 reverts it back to said resolution, and forcing 1344x840 (the highest widescreen resolution in the options) in the cfg does nothing. Windows 7.

Oneiros

Post by Oneiros » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:18 pm

It's not win7, i have the exact same problem on XP. Im really hoping there's a solution for this, i LOVE this game but it would be so much cooler if i could run it in a widescreen resolution.

Oneiros

Post by Oneiros » Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:48 am

A person on a different topic suggested setting your monitor/graphics card to 4:3 ratio, but i dont find this to be a satisfying solution, i dont want to have half my monitor sitting idle. Besides if the game has the option to set to a widescreen resolution then i think this option should work.

Ziggy

Post by Ziggy » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:21 am

I'd do the 4:3 thing if the Nvidia control panel wasn't broken and allowed me to do so. I had that option for about a month and then suddenly they broke it and haven't fixed it for over a year... speaking of which I should update my drivers to check it again.

I really wouldn't care about it being in 4:3 with the black bars on either side of the screen, hell, it'd be playable.

EDIT: Well, looks like it's fixed now... kinda... as in it's half of a feature :?

Scaling is now possible, but it's manual

Why must devs lie about widescreen resolutions in so many games I have played :cry:

Oneiros

Post by Oneiros » Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:06 pm

I dont think they're lying as such, i think the game does support all the resolutions that it shows in the options menu and this is just a configuration glitch that refuses to actually keep the changes.

Oneiros

Post by Oneiros » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:14 pm

BUMP.

Is it possible that there is no solution for this problem, after all this time?

BlackHole

Post by BlackHole » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:09 am

Easy mate, it's not necessary to bump a post if you don't receive an answer within 24 hours.

Lugaru is a fairly old game and simply wasn't made to work with widescreen resolutions. Of course, since it was open-sourced some time ago, someone could go and fix it...

~ Black
In politics, you have your word and your friends; go back on either and you're dead.

Oneiros

Post by Oneiros » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:21 am

@blackhole

That makes no sense, if it was not made to run on widescreen why does it have 3 widescreen resolutions in it's options?

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:47 am

Because it could register those resolutions automatically based on what your monitor's possible minimum and maximum resolutions are? I, for instance, don't have any widescreen resolution options in my menu, because my monitor is not a widescreen monitor.

Oneiros

Post by Oneiros » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:22 pm

None the less, it makes no sense for it to display resolutions it can not support.