Lugaru Text RP: The Decrepit Epoch of Ruin

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Janro

Re: Lugaru Text RP: The Decrepit Epoch of Ruin

Post by Janro » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:02 am

Xinal's gaze looked about the tavern as if he's never been in one before. The smell of blood reached his nose and he spottedfeline much like himself cleaning up. He opens his mouth to ask before he noticed a rabbit offer him a blanket. The cat's eyes widened with delight and gratefully took the sheet and wrapped it around himself. As he followed the tiger the feline licked his lips at the sight of the tea. Without hesitation he picked it up and sipped, relishing the taste.

"Thank you very much." He purred before taking another sip enjoying the warmth that spread across his palate and down his throat. Whether that was directed to the staff at the tavern or the tiger was a bit vague.

Indigo

Post by Indigo » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:15 am

"What's a cat like you, doing so far away from Caeli" Azuan's gaze rested upon the bell, as if he was hypnotized by it. Tess let her curiosity get the best of her, and she reached a hand out towards the bell. Azuan let out a growl of annoyance "'Tess' mind your manners. And don't do that..."
She retracted her hand, a bit moody from having been denied her right to investigate.

Dina placed the bucket with water by the bar counter, before grabbing a bottle of rum.
Walking over to her kin, tilting the bottle neck pouring a small amount into each cup of tea.
"That should help fight off the cold" She winked, returning to her place behind the counter.

Janro

Post by Janro » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:53 am

The cat looked down into the cup of tea before responding, "Oh Caeli, my home... how I miss that land. In heaven's name I don't know where I was the past few years. We were just kidnapped and shipped over the-" His words faded abruptly when a hand reached out for his bell. He offered a gentle smile despite the memories that the ringing brought back, "It's quite alright." He gave the round cat bell a little tap producing a ring. "It's just a mark of my slavery is all. Can't take it off sadly."

The sound of rum being poured and his attention gets diverted. He looked up from the cup and spotted the wink. The cat tilted his head slightly in response before turning to look back at Azuan. "I'm, well as you may have figured, a slave. An for-fome..." The cat snorted a bit annoyed with himself not able to find the word he's looking for. He settles on the next best description, "A runaway slave." His left hand rested on his right wrist rubbing the smooth red surface of the bracelet that was there.

// Say, Ragdollmaster. Would it be alright if I made that Xinal came from the same slave groups from your backstory? ::

Indigo

Post by Indigo » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:05 am

Janro wrote:
// Say, Ragdollmaster. Would it be alright if I made that Xinal came from the same slave groups from your backstory? ::
That sounds like an amazing idea

----------------------------------------
Azuan gave a slow nod. "You may have me excused, but i have some things i must take care of in my room. " Azuan turned to Tess "Behave now..." She gave a slow nod "Ya ya 'daddy'"
As he returned to his quarters, Dina pulled a chair up by Xinal's side. She had it reversed, leaning her arms on the back of the chair, resting her chin on her hands. "Slavery huh... Wierd, rarely cats are enslaved. What gives ?"

Tess didn't take here eyes off Xinal for a second. Her childish curiosity would be the end of her some day.

Janro

Post by Janro » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:17 am

Xinal lost his natural curiosity some years ago and would probably be envious of Tess in that regard as now all he feels is a subtle paranoia. He nodded his reply to Azuan before thinking over the exchange. This rabbit is his daughter? He thought to himself, not really knowing the real circumstance. However he disregarded the thought as soon as it enters his mind. Other topics could be discussed such as... He looked back at Tess to find her looking at him.

"Some raiders thought, 'hey! Why don't we get some unusual slaves for some bonus coins," The cat answered sarcastically assuming a different persona with his stance, 'hey that's an awesome idea! There's this isolated cat town near the border! They'd be perfect targets. Oh look the guards are playing cards! Blah blah blah blah..." After that outburst the cat leaned back into a seat and rubbed his forehead. "Idiots the lot of them."

// I shall wait for an answer from him first before I actually start saying so IC. Just to be sure. ::
Last edited by Janro on Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Indigo

Post by Indigo » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:35 am

Tess isn't his real daughter, it's more like a... way of teasing the tiger. Tess is a black and gray rabbit. Dina is the gray tabby.
----

Tess looked a bot horrified. "Slavery is so disgusting. I hate it, hate it -hate it-"
Dina shrugged "It's how things work now days." Dina exchanged a short gaze with Xinal before speaking. "You came back from the outer rim didn't you ?" Asking because of the bell he was fit with.
Most other slaves would usualy just be marked with Burns.

Janro

Post by Janro » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:40 am

The cat narrowed his eyes deep in thought. "I'm not sure. I heard someone mention that it was on the Outer rim, but I can't say for curtain... er, certain. No one flat out said where we were." The cat sat in with his legs crossed so that he can casually reach his feet and start massaging it. A slight purr sounds from his throat while he did so. "Why do you ask?"

//My mistake. I'll edit my previous post/s where applicable then.::

Indigo

Post by Indigo » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:55 am

// Don't worry too much about it, anything that is applied in this rp becomes relevant. There could be a shit load of slaves in the outer rim. You wouldn't have to ask ragdoll master for permission.
Because as soon as it's part of this rp. It's relevant, and possible to use by others unless specified that it's impossible. In this case your character was a slave, it is likely he's been there.
:wink:
------------------

Dina chuckled a bit, going to find Azuan on the upper floor.

Tess looked pretty entertained.
"Why do you make those noises ?" She wasn't quite the bright one, however she was
rather adorable when ever she wasn't being treated as a whore by some thug.

------
Upper floor
---

Dina stood in the doorway to Azuan's room watching him as he packed his things.
" Going somewhere ?" He scoffed "What about it" Dina just shook her head.
"You'll be back next season right ? We're gonna miss you" He turned around to look at the smaller cat. He never replied to her question but simply said. "Thanks for the tea"

-------
Lower quarters
----

There was a knock on the taverns door, and Tess got up cheerfully to answer it.
But upon getting in contact with the door, it came flying off it's hinges and square into Tess,
likely breaking a few things on the teen. A squirt of blood from her face momentarily seemed like it flew in slow motion through the air. As things finally did quiet down, an unmistakably a large canine walked through the entrance to the Inn, covered in snow. It had a grim fang filled smile.
It was a leader of a small pack of wolves, the same which assaulted the raiders before.

Azuan came rushing down the stairs seeing what happened "Tess!" He rushed forward to aid the girl, but in his distraction he got rammed by a hard fist, sending him flying into a booth, and onto a table which broke under his weight. He didn't get up for another ten seconds.

Janro

Post by Janro » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:12 am

"Just... a force of habit. In several ways." The cat rolled his eyes as he took another sip enjoying the tea. He hadn't had tea in quite a long time, heck he didn't quite have a blanket for quite a some time either.

The sound of knocking reached his ears. More company, the cat assumed while he watched Tess head off to answer the door. The sound of the door breaking off its hinges and its impact on the rabbit made the cat leap to his feet. From the rabbit he turns his gaze to the door to find what looked to be a dog. The cold wind blew past the cat slightly intimidated by this newcomer.

A shout he heard from the stairs and next thing Xinal knew, Azuan was by Tess's side. He was even more surprised by the fact that the tiger was sent flying into a booth by a punch. The cat takes a deep somewhat panicked breath before letting out with a long exhale. His breath quite visible now that it was getting cool in here. 'Enough standing around' He told himself as he pulled at his weapon. The stick broke where it was damaged however as he snapped it out to his stance. The cat cursed as he dropped the weapon to unsheathe his short sword.

"What do you want?" He couldn't help but ask. These were the first people who were actually kind to him. There's no way he's just going to let a guy just injure them. He owes them that much at least. Also the feline knew no other option. Diplomacy was never used during his time as a slave, always brute force.

The cat twirled his weapon in his palm and oddly held it with a reverse grip holding the weapon to his rear and his free hand in front.

Indigo

Post by Indigo » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:19 pm

Tess got up on her knee's whimpering in pain, as the dog placed a large foot on her side shoving her into the ground again.

The dog smiled. "Azuan Tonnere. Your dearest brother wants to see you."
A clawed hand shot out of the rubble, and soon after the rest of the tigers body.
Seems he took quite a hit, as his skin on the cheek recieved a cut from the sheer force of the punch.
"Did he really stoop so low... To hire you, a half breed mercenary. Drakan i will skin your part dog part wolf ass, and send it back to -brother dearest-" He wiped a blood trail off the cheek.

And that's when the canine chose to play unfair, as he saw both felines go for their weapons, he
placed his foot on the spine of Tess, applying a huge amount of force. You could hear it slightly give in.

"Now now, we don't wanna have an accident here now, am i right ?" The half breed chuckled.
Azuan let his blade go. "You damn coward !"

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:33 pm

Janro wrote:// Say, Ragdollmaster. Would it be alright if I made that Xinal came from the same slave groups from your backstory? ::
// No problem! I think it adds a nice touch to the story.

Also, instead of making all the dialogue bold, I'm just making my character's dialogue bold. The old style looked a bit messy :P ::
______________________________________________________________________________________

Stellos soared silently through the air, a shadow moving through the freezing air, hidden from all but the keenest observer. Below him and about twenty meters ahead, Enzo padded steadily towards the den, sniffing out the scent of the slain wolf to retrace his path of approach. For a few seconds, Stellos noticed how the light of the moon, so cool and soft, unlike the harsh burn of the sun, reflected off the tops of the ice-capped mountains, which in turn emitted an eerie pearl-like glow that seemed to ripple and tremble.

He shook himself out of his reverie and looked down to see Enzo slowing his approach. With a quick glance ahead, Stellos saw two other wolves traveling in the same direction. As he and Enzo watched, the pair hopped up onto one rock, then another, and then they disappeared into the darkness. Must be a cave, Enzo thought to himself.

He wheeled about and alighted on the ground next to Enzo. "Hey, wait here. I'm going to go get the rest of our group." "Sure. I'll just watch the cave entrance." Stellos turned and leaped up, with an updraft catching him mid-jump. He soared high for a few moments before diving down towards the spot where the others were waiting. He instinctively knew, moments before landing, that something was wrong- it was a preternatural premonition.

As Stellos came into view of the agreed meeting spot, he was greeted with a scene of grotesque massacre. About a dozen wolves lay dead on the ground. Renoe was standing in the center, his katana bloodied, his face blanched with shock. His son, Pierre, lay at his feet, a wolf on top of his body. The wolf's jaws were clamped tight on his neck; the blade of Pierre's sword was visibly poking out of the wolf's back.

Behind the father and son were the brothers, Ren and Ben. Ren's halberd was bloodied and covered with fur, his forearms riddled with defensive scratches. Ben's halberd lay broken in half off to the side- he was in worse shape, with a gaping wound on his thigh. Evidently, he had had to fight barehanded after his weapon broke.

Lily sat dazed on the ground, propped up against a rock. Her left ear was torn to ribbons, and her right arm had a deep gash in it. Three wolves lay dead around her. She was panting a little, but other than that, she made no outward indications of pain.

Stellos swooped in low and landed, surveying the carnage more closely. No one looked at him. "...an ambush, I'm assuming?" Still no one spoke. Finally, Renoe cleared his throat and replied, "Yes. They must have spotted us during the day and sent out their fighters. After we all gathered here, they... they just ran out from all sides. It was all I could do to-" Renoe's voice caught in his throat and he began to tremble as he looked at his son's body. With a sudden roar of rage, he grabbed the prone body of the wolf and ripped it off of Pierre. It landed with a thud on the side, and he drew his katana and began hacking the wolf to pieces. The brothers idly watched, but did not try to stop him. Lily ignored him entirely. Stellos averted his eyes as Pierre's outburst dwindled from a primeval scream to a defeated half-silent sob.

"I... It's my fault... for not defending my palazzo as I should have, for allowing my two- my THREE sons- to die... for being a pathetic excuse of a warrior..." Pierre fell to his knees, embedding the blade of his katana in the ground and leaning on the hilt. For a while, nobody said anything. Stellos cleared his throat. "Enzo found the den. I'm going to go check on him. He'll probably still be waiting outside, but it's possible they ambushed him as well. I didn't see any other wolves on the way down, and Enzo didn't sniff anyone out, so you all should be safe for now..." "You're not going off by yourself." Lily shakily got to her feet and pulled her sword up and into its sheath. "Yeah, and besides, what fun would it be to miss the big fight?" Ren said, stirring his halberd blade in the snow to cleanse the accumulated blood. "Renoe and Ben, you guys aren't in any shape for fighting. Lily, if it were up to me, you wouldn't be going either, bu-" "Zip it. I'm not going to sit around because my ear's a little torn. Besides, I don't kill with my ears- all I need are my hands." "Come on, then, we've wasted enough time!"

With a whirl, Stellos took off running and flew into the air, Lily and Ren trotting up the slope behind him. Hopefully, Enzo would be in better shape...

Janro

Post by Janro » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:04 pm

Xinal growled with disgust. He watched helplessly as his foot rested on Tess's back. He heard Azuan's shout and the feline agrees with him. Hold on a second...

A plan started to form in his mind. At least just to get this canine's foot off of Tess. He's around four casual steps away from the canine, two leaps forward. If he does any horizontal slash or downwards attack this canine could just evade or block the attack then use that movement to step down further on the young rabbit. Say he does an upward slash, it should be harder to apply downward force so during that movement to evade or block Xinal's attack. I hope this doesn't end up badly.

The feline leaped forward following his predefined plan: First leap, second leap, use momentum to swing the sword arm to face the canine, slash towards the front of the canine. Xinal hoped that this would lessen his pressure on the rabbit at his feet. Then as an added measure whether the attack gets blocked, parried or evaded, Xinal went for a swinging stab from his ending posture with the sword on his other side which will hopefully force the canine off the rabbit. The only drawback perhaps with this plan is that for a split second between his upward slash and stab, Xinal's body is facing the canine. Hopefully his speed will make up for it but that all depends on this canine's reaction time and responses.

Indigo

Post by Indigo » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:44 pm

According to Xinal's plan, the dog moved from Tess. But he actually intended to before Xinal even attacked. He made no efforts to block the attacks but rather dodged them.

Tess made no effort to get up. She was completely beat down, and hardly breathing.

Drakan looked at Tess having successfully made it out of harms way.
"How sad. Seems she couldn't take the pressure"

"You bastard!"
Azuan kicked a piece of a broken stool in Drakans direction, hoping to distract him enough for Xinal to land a hit.

Janro

Post by Janro » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:08 am

Xinal gritted his teeth but at least the canine was no longer on the young girl. His fur buffeted from the wind made by the passing of a broken stool towards Drakan. He used this opporutnity to leap forward to try and get a blow in on the canine, doing his best with a flurry of slashes and stabs. If uninterrupted, it may look like he's dancing a bit thanks to his reverse grip stance and several rotating spins to keep up the momentum of the weapon. Interestingly though intermixed with some of the slashes are what looks to be punches with the weapon arm, as if he's really aiming to just punch rather than slash.

Indigo

Post by Indigo » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:42 am

Caught off guard, and surprised by the awkward technique, the dog recieves quite a few cuts and blows, stumbling out into the snow.

Dina sat by Tess holding her head, she looked pretty bad. But atleast she was breathing.
The kick that knocked the door off, had been quite powerful.

Outside, the large canine got to his feet. Rubbing his cheek still a bit stunned by this sudden outburst.
Azuan made his way out of the door, instantly drawing his weapon of choice -The katana-.

Dina thought to her self He's not gonna kill him in cold blood. He wouldn't, he just wouldn't

Drakan reached over his shoulder to draw a large cleaver, but his movement was interrupted by
Azuan who with two swings of divine speed, cut the dog's right leg off by the knee and his left arm by the elbow.

Drakan seemed like he didn't notice before he stumbled onto the ground writhing in pain.

He held the tip of the bloodied katana out towards the dogs neck.

"We had a deal Drakan, you promised not to come to the borders -let alone cross them-"
He forced the tip of the blade against the panicking dogs now seemingly tender skin.
"But then i hear your group starts murdering just outside the borders. Like a simple group of raiders, you assault innocent people. I've let it pass for a long time. But that you would stoop so low, that you would get payed to do a job from that idiotic brother of mine is sickening".
He paced left and right around the dog who slowly seemed to get exhausted from the massive blood loss. The cut was clean. "I spared your life once. I gave you specific simple instructions. But you were too bold, to see how inferior you are to me. And now you have come to take the battle to my friends, my family -My home!-. I cannot forgive that, you do not deserve life.
I've heard of some of the things you've done since i let you go. You know how to recieve mercy,it's a shame you can't offer it to anyone else. Well too bad, it's too late for you now.
"

He raised the blade with a single hand to decapitate the now rather pathetic canine. But stopped in the middle of his movement when a raspy voice filled with pain called out. "Azuan stop, i demand you stop"

The tiger stood as if frozen. Not like it matters, he's gonna die either way
With a scoff, and a whip like motion of the blade. He cleaned the blood off it before sheathing it
in a traditional manner. He turned around to face the injured rabbit, looking rather upset.
"Tess are you alright".