Lugaru Text RP: The Decrepit Epoch of Ruin

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Janro

Re: Lugaru Text RP: The Decrepit Epoch of Ruin

Post by Janro » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:16 am

The cat watched on as the tiger rushed past him towards the canine. Never in his life had he seen a blade so sharp. He let his arms rest at his side contemplating on the fate of this dog while Azuan returns to check on the rabbit. Xinal raised his right arm to look at his own armament before sheathing it, not quite bothered to clean the blade.

As he surveyed the aftermath he spotted the two halves of his stick lying on the ground and walked over to pick it up. He looked at the splintered end of one of the halves looking a bit sad. It took him a moment to remember someone more important was injured. "Is there anything I can do to help?" He walked over to the others, a concerned look in his gaze towards Tess.

Indigo

Post by Indigo » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:47 am

Dina held a wet rag to the Rabbits sore face, shaking her head.

As Tess was brought inside the tavern again after having willed her self to stop Azuan.
The Tiger returned to the now passed out dog. He delivered a powerful kick to Drakan in anger,
spitting at the slowly dying mercenary.

Azuan didn't look happy at all, he returned to the entrance of the tavern, leaning against the wall
to get some cover from the wind. He grabbed something from a pouch.
A small spool with some thin and pretty fine paper, and soon after he produced another little bag from the pouch, grabbing a dry grass like mass. Putting some in his mouth chewing a bit, he spat it out just down the stairs. He then licked one end of the paper before pouring some of the tobacco onto the paper, before folding it up. He looked briefly at Xinal before returning the things to their original place. He then reached into an inner pocket of his robe, pulling out a small box of matches.

It was fairly rare of people to smoke, unless they were rich noble men, or high tribe leaders.
The reason he did taste the tobacco was, that as he chewed on the fine Caeli brand, it numbed his sore jaw.

He lit the cigarette, and returned the matchbox.
It would look wierd to smoke like that, instead of using a pipe. It was some fancy new crap that came from the outer rim, brought to the Island of lugaru just few years ago.

"So, tell me." There was a short moment of silence, as the sentence formed in his head.
"What do you know about the Grand Celestial Empire." He found him self to be an asshole for asking. This cat has probably not been in Caeli since he was a kid, and even then. My father was on the throne. Not that sadistic lunatic for a brother of mine

He asked curious, expecting the Cat might wanna return to a nice home in the Grand Celestial Empire. He didn't wanna spoil such a thought if that was the case. But he had to know, if he went there. He would be judged as an outlaw and possibly killed instantly.

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:07 pm

/Since my RP posts are few and far between, I won't do anything that affects the storyline.
@Ragdollmaster, you may adopt control of my character to expedite gameplay. Since I don't post often it would otherwise be difficult to connect my character to the story in any important way.

Lotus had heard voices for several minutes before he cleared the trees and finally stopped running. Now he was several dozen feet above the wolf den he had smelled earlier. The was a ruckus coming from inside the small cave, and Lotus could hear weapons against other weapons and stone. He crouched on top of the opening and listened, waiting.

Janro

Post by Janro » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:10 pm

Xinal watched this unusual method of smoking. Those who watched over the slaves sometimes did but not in this manner. His expression wasn't one that begged to try. On the contrary he wasn't to keen on the smell that it produced in the first place. He was just curious at the need for rolling it into a small roll.

"What do you know about the Grand Celestial Empire?"

The cat looked down at the ground first then out the door into the sky, thinking deeply. "I... remember it as a good kingdom. Our lives were nice and peaceful in the village. I'd like to return to that village..." Sadness filled his mew before he closed his eyes while his hand rubbed the bracelet on his arm, "but there's no way to return to that same village now." Xinal looked back at the tiger. "Have you been there recently?" This feline never knew the royal family by face, only by name. Never has he suspected yet who this Azuan really is.

Indigo

Post by Indigo » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:58 pm

Instead of telling the truth, as to not sound insane.

Azuan replied "Ya, i've... Been there a few times. Nothing special. Doing bodyguard jobs."
Hope he doesn't know much of the stories of the royal heirs. Usually the majority of noble men and royalty are tigers. Strays are usually unlikely... I'm rambling to my self

"Either way, if you have nowhere to stay. You best pack your things and come with me.
It's people like you and i that draw attention to this small peaceful village.
"

He stomped the cigarette, and straightened his back. Appearing just as tall as Drakan had just a few moments ago.

"Have you ever been to the Anvil empire?"

Janro

Post by Janro » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:36 am

The cat wasn't aware of the fact that there are rarely stray tigers and so doesn't quite think of that possibility just yet.

In response to the the tigers suggestion, Xinal lifted his arms gesturing to his entirety. "I'm all packed." He allowed his arms to just fall to his side. "I've got nothing else, save for the sword at my side and my broken stick." He picked up the stick he so mentioned and looked back at Tess and Dina. "Perhaps it is a wise idea to leave. I wouldn't want anyone else injured that way."

His ears perk at the tiger's second question. "Nope I haven't. I've been stuck somewhere out there since I was a kitten. This is my first place back in freedom."

Indigo

Post by Indigo » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:54 pm

Azuan shifted back and forth a bit before looking at Xinal.

"Look, you should go wash up. A bath is always a good thing, i'll have Dina prepare some warm clothes for you. I'll stock up on some supplies. It'll be a long travel, and i don't plan on dying on my way to the Canine empire. Go rest up now.

The Tiger walked off into the street, to buy some things from the market.

Inside the tavern Dina was busy looking at the hand Tess planted on the door.
Two of the rabbits fingers were dislocated, her cheek and nose weren't bleeding so badly anymore.
And she sure wasn't too dizzy to feel pain.

Dina waved Xinal over.

"Hey... Cat, you need to help me here. I need you to hold her completely still, she's not allowed to move at all." Tess was sitting, with a rag in her mouth looking rather worried.

Janro

Post by Janro » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:44 am

Somehow he didn't quite expect to be taken along for a trip, at least not cross kingdom. The cat merely bowed his head with respect and gratitude before he watched the tiger leave. A bath? Oh boy, I haven't had a decent grooming in ages. His attention was succesfully called and he turned to Dina.

Xinal immediately walked up to Tess and gently held her and then following whatever instructions Dina would instruct.

"Please, calm down." The cat mewed softly doing his best to soothe her. "Nothing's going to harm you anymore, as long as you stay still."

Indigo

Post by Indigo » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:22 am

Tess shivered at the gentle touch, which turned into a firm grip. She did not understand what he said at first, but as his voice slithered into her ear. She could not help but feel paralyzed, until.
She let out a shriek of pain, panicking.

Dina smiled "Index finger and middle finger done in a row. You're a tough girl" She smiled sheepishly.

Tess ripped her self loose "That was mean!" Dina smiled "Yeah, but i got the job done. And you didn't seem to mind the close contact too much" She winked teasingly, and if it wasn't for the thin black fur coat on Tess's features, she would have been blushing like a mad.
Hmph

She got up "Where did Azuan go ?" she looked behind Xinal, towards the bar, the entrance, the stairs. But he was nowhere.

Janro

Post by Janro » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:02 am

The cat couldn't help but smile at the exchange these two had. At Tess's inquiry the cat just gestured to the door. "He went out to get some supplies. He's planning on heading to another empire I believe."

Shortly afterwards the cat decided to take Azuan's advice and asked Dina if he could have a bath at least.

Indigo

Post by Indigo » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:22 pm

Tess a bit worried.

Dina smiled "I'll have rooms for both you and Azuan ready when he returns."
She looked over to the rabbit "And Tess will see to that you get washed up"
The rabbit was about to raise her hand to protest, but decided not to.

She simply took his hand, and yanked him into another room with a large barrel in it.
There was a pipe hanging out from the wall just above the barrel. As she pulled a leaver not far from the pipe, steaming water poured into the barrel. Very advanced technology, for a small town like this.

"It was a dog called Arty... He used to come around here a lot. Building things for those in need was his passion. This hot water supply was made in the central of the city. It's a large grate, where snow melts into it. It goes through some pipes, ending up by each their oven. All you have to do is heat it. Pull the leaver and you have a hot bath, right there" Points a finger at the full barrel now. Looking at him for a while, just up and down a bit. Not bothering to leave.

Janro

Post by Janro » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:19 am

Xinal looked at the mechanism with amazement. "Really? That's nice of a dog to help out as such." The cat walked forward to the battle and looked at his reflection amidst the steam that rose from the barrel. He dipped his finger into the water and smirked. "This is quite amazing." He reached for the strap that undoes the shoulder plate and proceeds to take it off. He set down the piece of metal on a table and reached for the cloth wrapped around his abdomen holding a chest plate in place. His ears flicked towards Tess before his gaze followed.

"Uh... do I have to pay first or something?"

Indigo

Post by Indigo » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:18 am

This will be funny
--------------------------------
Tess smiled "No no it's nothing like that... Thought you might want company. To ugh, help you with the back and such... " Dina stood in the door way, tapping her foot on the floor "Tess leave the poor Tom alone if he doesn't want it. Poor thing might just want some peace and quiet"

-----------------
Streets
---
Azuan bargained with the shop keeper. "Three silver pieces for garlic ? Make it two. You know no one around can afford something like that. You're being unfair my good man."

He was shopping various things for their trip.
He came upon some good camp gear. Merchants from the center of Avestris would often visit the smaller villages in need of their help. It was never cheap though.

Janro

Post by Janro » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:00 am

Xinal's slightly disturbed now and eyes the young rabbit curiously. "I... will... manage. On my own." He muttered not quite just kicking her out of the room just yet. He didn't want to be rude to those providing hospitality. "I'm a cat. I'll be able to manage my own grooming." He restated, wondering what's going on behind that rabbit's mind.

Indigo

Post by Indigo » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:07 am

Tess looks rather disappointed, and soon enough a hand shoots out from the doorway. Yanking her out of the room to take care of other duties.