Most Epic Lugaru Moments

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Jacktheawesome

Most Epic Lugaru Moments

Post by Jacktheawesome » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:56 pm

As a longtime Lugaru player, I know that there have been many moments where I lean back and say: "Did I just do that?"
Now, you can brag about your epic moment to the world, and I have something to do, 'cause I'm bored. Here's mine:
On the last campaign level of the demo (I say that because I'm not sure which level it is, I think it's just called Raider Sentries) I came up to the block with two guards, after stealth assassinating the guard on the block that is directly in front of you when you load the level. I alerted them both from a distance of about 50 feet. They were arranged in a diagonal line, with one about 20 feet in front of the other, both running towards me. The nearest one jumped, and i threw one of my knives at him. It killed him, but his corpse kept flying towards me. I somehow managed to pull the knife from his chest as he flew past me, and throw thesame knife at his friend, killing him before the first rabbit had hit the ground. Two dead, two seconds, one knife. There's mine.

Lotus Wolf

Re: Most Epic Lugaru Moments

Post by Lotus Wolf » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:06 pm

I once performed a wall kick, which sent the receiving rabbit flying into a wolf. I then jumped back to the wall and performed another wall kick just as the wolf stood up, this time sending him flying to kill another rabbit. Once the wolf had rolled to his feet I jumped behind him and rabbit kicked him into the wall.

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:15 pm

That's epic and hilarious! :lol:

captain psycho

Post by captain psycho » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:58 pm

i once rabbit kicked a wolf so hard he went flying until i couldn't see him, when he hit the ground the whole earth shaked.

John

Post by John » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:03 am

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:37 am

The Beard abides. Or the Place-where-there-once-was-beard...abides.

captain psycho

Post by captain psycho » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:32 pm

i just played the night challenge with the firecamp, and i KO'd one of the rabbits, then kicked him trough the campfire, hitting another enemy and killing him, then i finished off the other enemies, i did all of this in 00:34 seconds and got the Flawless and Unnarmed bonuses. (playing on easy)

EDIT: challeng level 8

Derakon

Post by Derakon » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:52 am

Honestly I think my favorite parts of Lugaru aren't when amazingly unlikely things happen, though those are quite fun. My favorite parts are the ones that emphasize how brutal and short the fights are. Like how you can win the quarterstaff duel in the basic campaign in about 2 seconds (disarm -> knocked down -> smash with staff). Or how a single mistake will kill you.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:19 am

I frequently am on the brink of death and fight myself out of it, that's the moments I enjoy the most. But I'm not playing on hardcore, so maybe that's why these moments are possible in the first place.

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:39 pm

Derakon wrote:Honestly I think my favorite parts of Lugaru aren't when amazingly unlikely things happen, though those are quite fun. My favorite parts are the ones that emphasize how brutal and short the fights are. Like how you can win the quarterstaff duel in the basic campaign in about 2 seconds (disarm -> knocked down -> smash with staff). Or how a single mistake will kill you.
Yeah I do get what you mean, like the lone rabbit who tries to stop you after you leave Rocky Hall, I just kind of feel sorry for him when I kill him in two quick moves with the staff. Still... :mrgreen:

Zopiac

Post by Zopiac » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:01 am

Quite new to Lugaru (got it yesterday) but I 'leg cannoned' three other rabbits, killing them all.
I was stoked.

Krabman318

Post by Krabman318 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:47 am

On challenge level 5, i jump on the rabbit with the knife, grab it, jump over the three of them, throw it ninja style. I wallkick one guy, roll over the dead one,take the knife and throw it, killing the second one.Now I run to the edge of that flying cube. The rabbit left tries to punch me, gets reverse-thrown way down and dies from the impact

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:43 am

Krabman318 wrote:On challenge level 5, i jump on the rabbit with the knife, grab it, jump over the three of them, throw it ninja style. I wallkick one guy, roll over the dead one,take the knife and throw it, killing the second one.Now I run to the edge of that flying cube. The rabbit left tries to punch me, gets reverse-thrown way down and dies from the impact
Like a
BOSS

brigadesoft

Post by brigadesoft » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:26 pm

In a mod campaign (I think it was Reluctant Assassin or something), there's this level in a castle that starts off with a lonnnnnnng ramp down into the courtyard. I was fighting 5 or 6 guys down in the courtyard, and after a series of flawless, completely lucky, "Jackie-Chan-like" reversals, punches, kicks, dodges, and rolls straight through the middle of their pack, I Leg Cannon'd one of them so hard into a corner that he exploded.

Maybe it was just my brain struggling to process everything that had just happened, but it almost seemed like everything just slowed down/stopped for a single beat, then the fight immediately broke back into a raging melee. Throughout that entire fight I was quite lucky, and was only hit a few times (with the little stumble). Turner was just really on his game that day. :) Wish I'd recorded it.

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:45 pm

rudel_ic wrote:Like a
BOSS
That really did fit well with his avatar, haha.