I can't find Lugaru files! Help!

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
sapphique14

I can't find Lugaru files! Help!

Post by sapphique14 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:47 pm

I'm trying to add campaigns to Lugaru, since I beat the regular one, but I can't find folders like "textures" or "maps" or stuff like that where I'm supposed to put the campaign files. I open up the Lugaru folder and the only folder that is there is "data". I open up that folder and there are 2 files: one labeled "config.txt" and the other labeled "users". If I open up "config.txt", is basically just the game settings where I can turn on debug mode or invert the mouse. Stuff like that. If I open up "users", its just 4 lines of letters that I didn't even know existed. Can somebody help me?

P.S.
I got this off of the mac app store, I have OSX Snow leopard.
Last edited by sapphique14 on Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Regeneration

Re: I can't find Lugaru files! Help!

Post by Regeneration » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:06 pm

u tried to search for the lugaru file(s)

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:29 pm

What OS are you on? it might be in application support or something, but yeah try searching for them would be one thing.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:32 pm

On OS X, the original Data folder is inside the app. The folder ~/Library/Application Support/Lugaru/Data/ contains data that deviates from the original data.

So if you want to make your own campaign, browse the Lugaru.app! Copy stuff out from there to a working folder. To test it, put it inside ~/Library/Application Support/Lugaru/Data/ and start the game.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:41 pm

So in other words, to check out custom campaigns, you can just either copy stuff into the app or make sure the appropriate folder structure exists in the ~/Library/Application Support/ folder, and copy it there.

You can also use the Lugaru Downloader, by the way: http://lugarudownloader.matto1990.com/
That handles that business for you. Or at least it should!

sapphique14

Post by sapphique14 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:18 pm

Ooookkaaayyy...
I'm really not that great of a computer person, I don't understand any technical stuff at all, so could you maybe put what you said into terms that would make sense to tech-imbecile me? And the lugaru mod installer thing didn't work.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:10 am

Open a Finder. Go to where Lugaru is. Probably in Applications. Copy Lugaru to your Documents folder; this will be your backup in case you mess something up.
Go back to where the original Lugaru was (as said, probably Applications). Right-click Lugaru. Choose "Show Package Contents". A new Finder window appears, you're inside the application package now. Go inside "Data". There's the Data folder you're looking for. From there, follow the installation instructions for your modification. Play the game.

sapphique14

Post by sapphique14 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:24 pm

That worked perfectly, man! Thanks a ton! I couldn't do it without your help!

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:46 am

You're welcome.

Note though that since you got it via the AppStore, chances are that once Lugaru is being updated by the AppStore, your changed package will be overwritten. The game's usually not being updated that often, but just in case, since you have a working modded copy now and probably don't want to do this again, you might want to backup this modded copy as well.

Have fun!

pSimon

re:

Post by pSimon » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:40 am

I accept the aforementioned opinion as yours on this. What you said is true.