Lugaru Text RP: The Decrepit Epoch of Ruin

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Janro

Re: Lugaru Text RP: The Decrepit Epoch of Ruin

Post by Janro » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:54 pm

The cat pulled himself up to one rock that jutted out of the edge. His long tail flicked and waved as his body instinctively balanced itself. He glanced around for the next hand and foot hold. As soon as he determined the next four sets he started to climb upwards developing a steady rhythm. His mind already spotting the next set of holds as soon as he reaches the end of the current set.

Pretty quickly the cat's at the top. He didn't dare to peek over the edge just yet and so held on to the edge. He looked back at Jolly waiting for a signal. He was supposed to be following the rabbit after all.

// Right. Fixed ::

Indigo

Post by Indigo » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:31 am

The jackrabbit was already waiting for Xinal at the top, looking down into the canyon waving to Azuan, signaling that it was safe to proceed. "C'mon lad, we'll walk alongside them from up here, just in case"

Janro

Post by Janro » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:50 pm

Xinal clambered up over the edge. His bell ringing noisily in the process. With an annoyed hiss he grabbed it firmly to prevent any more sound. He glanced back at Jolly and nodded his head expecting him to lead the way.

Indigo

Post by Indigo » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:53 pm

After having walked along the edge of the canyon for about half an hour, constantly exposed to the sun, unlike Azuan and the rest further down, who were in the shadow. The heat was about to get the best of Jolly. It was impossible to see the end to their long trip, and water couldn't be located anywhere around there.

But just about 400 meters up ahead, a few tall rock formations came into sight, casting ever so faint shadows. The Jackrabbit looked down onto the passage, and with great timing, Azuan and the others seemed to be taking a break as well.

The sun baked the red unearthly rock they were walking on, and whenever you looked straight ahead the sky seemed to be reflected by the heat waves. Creating the illusion that there would be water straight ahead. Of course, it was easy to keep one's cool. It would be unlikely there would be water in a place like this.

Finally reaching the rock formations ahead, a shadow slipped behind it. But desperate as the rabbit were, he did not think much of it. As they stood in the shadow, something was rather odd. large branches and huge amounts of tumble weed were braided together in a circle near by. Jolly took his time to look at it, when a female raspy and dagger sharp voice cut through the silence. A slightly odd accent, but easy to understand " Hold it right there!". Jolly looked towards the top of the rock formation, and in return he was blinded by the sun. All he could make out was the silhouette of a person. He made a bad mistake by taking a step towards the person atop of the formation, and in response something whisked by the rabbit, and tore a piece out of his short sleeve, barely grazing him. With huge surprise, the rabbit looked back towards a dead oak behind him, trying to figure out what flew past him. And he then discovered a crossbow bolt had embedded it self in the hard wood.

"I said hold it"

Janro

Post by Janro » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:27 am

Xinal froze at the sight of the crossbow bolt. Some memories surface but he maintained his calm. The feline figured he'd let Jolly do the talking. Xinal held out his paws to either side of him indicating that he was no threat. His eyes however are trained up at the silhoutte in case it tries to do something.

Indigo

Post by Indigo » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:22 am

A cloud blocked out the sunlight momentarily, and a delicate fine red fur coat became visible.
The female fox couldn't be bothered to load the crossbow once more just to kill a silly rabbit and a cat.
She made her way down from the rock, while keeping an eye on the two, she had her right hand placed on the hilt of her short sword. " Leave, and tell that foolish king of yours, that if he sends more mercenaries to slay the last eagles or steal their eggs for his twisted taming. I'll come in person, and rip the flesh from his very bones".

Jolly looked at Xinal momentarily with questioning look, and he then put a hand on his chest and forced a relaxed smile onto his face. "Lady clearly you have us confused with someone else's goons. We traveled all the way from the borders of Harkonen, past Chante and all the way to here. So we could speak with King Cailan, the nice fellow " And with those words, the rabbit ducked just in time to avoid a dagger coming his way, and it too hit the oak behind him. " I won't allow him to torment this endangered species, just so he can use them for war against Caeli! " Another set of daggers came both Xinal and Jolly's way. The bunny fled to cover behind a rock, while his heart battered like a drum roll. "This is a misunderstanding, we travel with a posse just below us. Listen" The rabbits accent became quite hysterical in his panic, and it would be rather comical, if they weren't getting thrown things at all the time. The fox seemed to have calmed down a bit, but she still loaded the crossbow and put a bolt on it. Jolly signaled to Xinal for him to stay calm.

The fox marched right over to the edge to look at the resting party below.

Janro

Post by Janro » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:21 am

A fox?

He ducked quickly when he picked up movement that could possibly threaten his life. His instinct proved correct as a dagger flies over his head, grazing the fur on his ear. He lay there kneeling down keeping his calm. His paw twitching slightly though as if he's preventing it from darting to his weapon. Silently he watches the fox look over the edge at their company.

Indigo

Post by Indigo » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:52 am

The fox looked surprised as she noticed something familiar. The Haruka family marking on the blurred figure below. He eyes narrowed as she quickly aimed the crossbow to the yellow fur coated figure who walk among his friends, and it was too late, she already pulled the trigger. Jolly tackled the fox shortly after disarming her. "Are you out of your mind!". The tiger hit the ground instantly almost as soon as the bolt lodged it self in his left shoulder. He let out a surprised gasp from the sudden impact. And soon enough the pain followed after.

"You travel with Sezuan that one eyed fiend. You'll regret passing through here"

She kicked Jolly off with little effort, and got up shortly after he self.
"That isn't Sezuan! It's his older brother" the rabbit tried to convince her

but she simply let out a growl "Lies are dripping from your mouth!"

Janro

Post by Janro » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:09 am

This is not going well. The cat listened closely to the conversation and waited. With every word he could sense that perhaps she may need more than words to make her stop and listen.

Xinal waited for the fox to stand up before rushing at her from behind. His intention was to grab hold of her and put his sword to her neck. Should he be successful he would try and convince her should she be subdued. If not well... he should focus on one problem at a time.

Indigo

Post by Indigo » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:34 am

"Xinal you must keep an eye on her. Make sure she doesn't do anything stupid, and don't 'KILL' her." The jackrabbit slid down the moutain side to come to the tigers aid.

underthedeep

Post by underthedeep » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:45 am

I awake from my 30 year slumber, fifteen feet below the earths crust. An o so familiar aroma pierces into the tip of my nose and immediately stands all my fur straight. My mind sets fire with images of lust, desire, and debauchery as chills shoot down my spine and tingle my toes. I arise, for i smell a carrot.

Indigo

Post by Indigo » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:14 am

// First off RP isn't in 1st perspective in this thread. Second: Please don't post useless dumb meaningless things here. There's a thread in the Randomness section for... Well Random things :) ::

underthedeep

Post by underthedeep » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:26 pm

the carrot ended up to be a pipe bomb and blew out my lower bowel after lunch hour.

don't hate on the carrots ya'll

i'm out

Noz

Post by Noz » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:07 pm

Who let this stuff get posted?

Indigo

Post by Indigo » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:11 pm

That's what i'm asking.