Crysis 2

Anything else
Kicktar

Re: Crysis 2

Post by Kicktar » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:04 am

They are pretty funny, but also a little derailing.

On-Topic: I had no problems with the PC demo, up to rank 5, so far.

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:24 am

[insert negative, cynical and not particularly witty remarks here]

Seriously though, I lost interest in the Crysis series about half an hour into the first one.

But I guess I can't rule out the possibility of the second one suddenly being awesome.

MinorThreat

Post by MinorThreat » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:26 am

I liked Crysis before the aliens came in.

So unfortunately i wont like Crysis 2 any better

Except for multiplayer, downloading the demo now.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:46 am

MinorThreat wrote:I liked Crysis before the aliens came in.

So unfortunately i wont like Crysis 2 any better

Except for multiplayer, downloading the demo now.
+1. The whole alien thing kinda ruined it for me as well.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:28 pm

The aliens look gnarly.

Cadrega

Post by Cadrega » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:46 am

The problem with the aliens in the original Crysis was that they didn't feel particularly intelligent, unlike those poor NK I slaughtered by the hundreds.
It's not just the same thing to be an invisible ninja when you deal with enemies that just keep rushing you. :roll:

Which is one of the many reasons I'm glad I also bought Crysis Warhead. :lol:
Seriously, it's one of those expansions that improve the game a lot: in addition to better AI routines for the humans, there are a series of tweaks to the engine, balancing fixes, and aliens that are smart and work as a group. It's pretty interesting when one of those small hound-like aliens spots you: he starts making strange noises and if there are any other alines nearby they coordinate trying to flank and swarm you.
And then there's the music: I've always liked Inon Zur, and he didn't disappoint in the original Crysis, but Peter Antovszki did a great job remastering some of Zur's tracks and making a few new of his own.
Then there's all the small touches to the story, with some much needed characterization for Psycho (which was pretty much the generally loud and big guy of the squad), the addition of better developed supporting characters, more varied gameplay and a good mix between aliens and human opponents in the same level.

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:56 am

Had a go at the demo.

Yeeeaaahh... no.

I wouldn't go so far as calling it a CoD clone, as some have done, but it does feel awfully similar.

However, I appreciate the ability to jump and climb all over the place. And the armour-sprint-stealth-recharge balance is interesting.

There's certainly some fun to be had, but at the end of the day it looks like yet-another-bloody-FPS with very little to make it stand out from the increasingly bloated crowd.

Cadrega wrote:Which is one of the many reasons I'm glad I also bought Crysis Warhead...

[snip]

Then there's all the small touches to the story, with some much needed characterization for Psycho (which was pretty much the generally loud and big guy of the squad), the addition of better developed supporting characters, more varied gameplay and a good mix between aliens and human opponents in the same level.
Surely you speak in jest my dear sir.

I found Warhead absolutely excruciating. It holds the dubious distinction of being the one and only game that made me start skipping the cutscenes without watching them even once. And that's coming from someone who played Just Cause 2 ("reeeapuuhrs").

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:20 pm

I heard Just Cause 2 was a whole lot of fun, didn't take itself seriously, and that you're anal about these kinds of things. D=

I found the Crysis 2 multiplayer demo to be generally a whole lot of fun, and I got a lot of replay value out of even just that one level. As someone who plays a lot of FPS's and a lot of Call Of Duty, it plays nothing like Call Of Duty, and the comparison puzzles me a little bit.

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:15 am

I played Just Cause 2 and found it really annoying, the controls I found to be awkward, especially the ones for the grapple, there wasn't much in the way of characterisation, and the voice acting?! Worst I think I've ever heard, voice? Yes acting? Debatable.

But yeah Crysis 2 looks pretty cool, I might try and get it, once I've got a new Xbox and have enough money to get both Gears 3 and Mass Effect 3 on days of release.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:41 am

I think I'd get Crysis 2 if I had some kick-ass-awesome computer that had all sorts of modern hardware in it. I mean, what better way to show off how awesome your computer is than by totally overloading it by playing a CryTek game on max settings?

Dudeman

Post by Dudeman » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:12 am

Grayswandir wrote:I think I'd get Crysis 2 if I had some kick-ass-awesome computer that had all sorts of modern hardware in it. I mean, what better way to show off how awesome your computer is than by totally overloading it by playing a CryTek game on max settings?
That's almost a requirement when you build a new and awesome pc.

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:48 am

Well, I've decided now that when I move out, I'm taking the home PC with me, as it is technically mine, and I'm going to rebuild it over time, most 18 year old boys will be spending way too much money on their cars? I'll be spending way too much money rebuilding my computer to be top of the range. That is my goal in life at the moment...

Wow, I really have no life... :lol:

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:21 pm

zoidberg rules wrote:Well, I've decided now that when I move out, I'm taking the home PC with me, as it is technically mine, and I'm going to rebuild it over time, most 18 year old boys will be spending way too much money on their cars? I'll be spending way too much money rebuilding my computer to be top of the range. That is my goal in life at the moment...

Wow, I really have no life... :lol:
I built my own PC in junior high. If you're a nerd for rebuilding PCs with your money, then I am some kind of supernerd. (Then again, I've spent my fair share of money on car parts as well)

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:26 am

I know a guy who builds a new and better computer every year, and sells the old one.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:18 am

Oh yeah, well I know a guy who buys a computer every 6 years and then complains about how his computer is too slow to run current generation software until he eventually gets enough money to buy a new computer. He kicks all the rest of your examples asses.