Fan Art

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Silverfish

Re: Fan Art

Post by Silverfish » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:51 am

Found a speed painting I made a month or two ago and thought I'd post it here.
Can't say I'm incredibly happy with how it turned out, since it's supposed to be a speed painting I tried painting quickly which mostly resulted in me painting sloppily.
speed paint desert.png

Hieronymus

Post by Hieronymus » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:02 pm

Hello there again forum!
Eventually i've decided to upload the third Overgrowth-Lugaru-fan-artish piece
http://hieronymus7z.deviantart.com/art/RNR-202691503
About two days ago i've found it on my pc (among all the other works i have or had to finish) and my little brother told me something like "Hey, but it looks finished! For me at least."
So yes, thanks to my brother - now you can see it.)

Wolfvuur

Post by Wolfvuur » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:12 am

It looks... super :o realy nice style u have there.

Aperson4321

Post by Aperson4321 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:14 am

I added some some cat ears and a sword to a pic. So now it is totally fan art. :p

pretty colours though! :p (if rather to oversaturated!)
Attachments
yayy_colours_by_aperson4321-d3cr9mz.png

Black_Stormy

Post by Black_Stormy » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:22 pm

Testing out MyPaint, drew this:

It's an otter.

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:34 am

Nice work guys!

Black_Stormy, what do you think about MyPaint then?

Black_Stormy

Post by Black_Stormy » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:23 pm

Silverfish wrote:Black_Stormy, what do you think about MyPaint then?
I really like it. It's perfect for painting and the hotkeys are spot on, for instance you use d and f to shrink and grow your brush, tab closes all the gui windows leaving you with a blank window to draw on and you can add layers on top of or under the current layer using ctrl+page up/down. Also, w samples the brush, colour and layer that the cursor is over, avoiding the problem I always have with losing the brush settings that worked well, and r samples the colour. One button on my stylus brings up a palette with the last 5 used colours and the other button moves the screen.

The brushes also work really well, I haven't really used the brushes in photoshop because I can't be assed modifying all the attributes, MyPaint takes care of it. I guess if you like haveing heaps of control over your brushes then PS is better, as well as MyPaint lacking a whole mess of features that PS has, but for a simple drawing program, for practice, concepts and the like, what it does it does very well.

I'd really like to find a program that allows you to map a normal map to your canvas so that you can see the bumps and paint under it, rather than using the AO bake at half transparency. It would be a neat feature I think.

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:07 am

Sounds pretty cool Black_Stormy, I'll be checking that out for sure!

dyrvere

Post by dyrvere » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:28 pm

Black_Stormy wrote:
Silverfish wrote:Black_Stormy, what do you think about MyPaint then?
I really like it. It's perfect for painting and the hotkeys are spot on, for instance you use d and f to shrink and grow your brush, tab closes all the gui windows leaving you with a blank window to draw on and you can add layers on top of or under the current layer using ctrl+page up/down. Also, w samples the brush, colour and layer that the cursor is over, avoiding the problem I always have with losing the brush settings that worked well, and r samples the colour. One button on my stylus brings up a palette with the last 5 used colours and the other button moves the screen.

The brushes also work really well, I haven't really used the brushes in photoshop because I can't be assed modifying all the attributes, MyPaint takes care of it. I guess if you like haveing heaps of control over your brushes then PS is better, as well as MyPaint lacking a whole mess of features that PS has, but for a simple drawing program, for practice, concepts and the like, what it does it does very well.

I'd really like to find a program that allows you to map a normal map to your canvas so that you can see the bumps and paint under it, rather than using the AO bake at half transparency. It would be a neat feature I think.
I really liked myPaint also, that was before I got my hands on the 2.4 alpha of Krita which have alot of choices for different brush engines and features I felt lacked in MyPaint. Some brushes have been transfered from MyPaint to Krita. =) But generally both are really good and also fun applications to use. But if you've got the money, I would say Corel Painter have them all beat.

Murd

Post by Murd » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:38 pm

ImageImage

uthere1

Post by uthere1 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:20 am

whats that? how does that fit into the overgrowth universe?!?!?!? flying text does not fit anywhere in the storyline....the frogs nice though.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:02 pm

uthere1 wrote:whats that? how does that fit into the overgrowth universe?!?!?!? flying text does not fit anywhere in the storyline....the frogs nice though.
It is fan art. Fan art isn't official, so it doesn't fit into the official Overgrowth universe any way. There's been bears, raccoons, all kinds of other animal races. No reason to get stuck up on a frog.

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:08 pm

Those frogs look pretty cool! ^^

Murd

Post by Murd » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:23 am

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:24 am

Nice!
And they're in your avatar as well, awesome! :D