In-Game lag

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Philipmejdal

In-Game lag

Post by Philipmejdal » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:20 am

Am i the only one having some lag issues while fighting??
I have like 700 fps while in the editor and like 250 when im running around... But when i start fighting i sometimes drop to 2fps..

That kinda sucks..

I can play crysis 2 maxed out at 1650x1080 with a constant of 65 fps
Last edited by Philipmejdal on Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:16 am, edited 7 times in total.

Endoperez

Re: In-Game lag

Post by Endoperez » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:48 am

The game hasn't been optimized yet, and the final optimizations will probably have to wait until the gameplay has been otherwise finished.

I'd also expect you to be banned, since you just registered, are already playing Overgrowth, and the only legal means of downloading Overgrowth is through the Secret Preorder Forum, which you can't access since you don't have the Preorderer tag.

Saedz

Post by Saedz » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:01 am

nice try xaizor, buy the game next time.

Philipmejdal

Post by Philipmejdal » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:17 am

Endoperez wrote:The game hasn't been optimized yet, and the final optimizations will probably have to wait until the gameplay has been otherwise finished.

I'd also expect you to be banned, since you just registered, are already playing Overgrowth, and the only legal means of downloading Overgrowth is through the Secret Preorder Forum, which you can't access since you don't have the Preorderer tag.

Just for your information, i have more than one account, or well i dont own the other account, thats a friend of mine named Kasper, whom im at a LAN party with.

And
you don't have the Preorderer tag.
Is not true... I am on the preorderer list.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:40 pm

That's weird, I didn't see the tag the first time around. :shock: I hope I didn't offend you.

Philipmejdal

Post by Philipmejdal » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:51 pm

hehe ;b You didn't since i knew i was on the right side.

sevrick

Lag because of npcs

Post by sevrick » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:36 pm

I have good computer there is no reason I should be lagging. When I add more than 4 NPC's it bogs down.

PlatinumApple

Post by PlatinumApple » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:33 pm

Same problem here. This is a pretty good laptop I'm using, and it's also kinda brand-new. 1v1 fights, even with weapons works fine in a simple map. However, if the map is a bit more complicated, or if there's more than one enemy, Overgrowth just goes *plffp* and starts lagging like hell. I can only play in slow-mo which makes gameplay nigh-impossible. Is there a way to lower Overgrowth settings? If not, any other way to reduce lag?

AmorphousGamer

Post by AmorphousGamer » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:51 pm

You can use SUMLauncher to lower OG's settings. Other than that, there's not a whole lot you can do. The game is an alpha. It needs to be optimized.
Anyways, perhaps someone could help you in the SPF. People don't really like to give too much help outside of the SPF, for fear of helping pirates fix their pirated copy.

PlatinumApple

Post by PlatinumApple » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:56 am

AmorphousGamer wrote:You can use SUMLauncher to lower OG's settings. Other than that, there's not a whole lot you can do. The game is an alpha. It needs to be optimized.
Anyways, perhaps someone could help you in the SPF. People don't really like to give too much help outside of the SPF, for fear of helping pirates fix their pirated copy.
That's understandable of them. I didn't even notice I wasn't in the SPF >.<
But thanks, I'll see if it helps. :P

Greenferno

Post by Greenferno » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:29 pm

It was fine for me before I launched it from the new Steam alpha release. Now I get the fighting lag spikes, ironically after some optimisation stuff has been done.

shakersword

Post by shakersword » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:01 pm

Yes i am getting combat lag as well

beingundead

Post by beingundead » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:59 am

another issue with this is that if you got from steam you can't use the sumlauncher to change the settings. According to the minimum requirements on steam I should be fine with my system. Which out of combat it is completely fine.
But when i'm in combat the fps drops dramatically and it becomes unplayable and even crashes sometimes. So this is quite unfair on my behalf it didn't mention on steam that the combat would need higher minimum requirements

Frostevv

Post by Frostevv » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:48 pm

beingundead wrote:another issue with this is that if you got from steam you can't use the sumlauncher to change the settings. According to the minimum requirements on steam I should be fine with my system. Which out of combat it is completely fine.
But when i'm in combat the fps drops dramatically and it becomes unplayable and even crashes sometimes. So this is quite unfair on my behalf it didn't mention on steam that the combat would need higher minimum requirements
The game will become better optimized as time continues. You have to remember that it is still in Alpha.

TeamDevox

Post by TeamDevox » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:19 pm

Sorry if this might have been answered already but I am trying to optimize Overgrowth for my pc but it only launchs with the SumLauncher for some reason. Can anyone help?