Blood suggestion thread:

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
SilentSouth

Blood suggestion thread:

Post by SilentSouth » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:47 am

I am so impressed with the way this has been dealt with, there are specific details in a game which makes them 'tick' and it seems like these are all slowly but surely being covered.

I would just like to suggest that blugeoning damage should have an effect, and by this i mean if a character takes a heavy impact on a rock to thier head then it should have somewhat the same effect as when a main atery is sliced but without the blood streams, just a spray and the triangle pattern you mentioned.

Are you planning on making gore decals? Like visible wounds on the models from injuries in the correct place of damage? If so that would be yet another detail that rocks.

(Note: I am speaking from what i have seen on the update videos, i'll be pre-ordering the game some time next week when my new PC is delivered.)

Wolfvuur

Re: Blood suggestion thread:

Post by Wolfvuur » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:08 pm

I'd like to add:
The blood on the body -if possible- make is "stamp" on the ground.
Like when the blood is on the hand and the hand makes contact with a surface it should
leave some blood on the surface.

Anyways the bloodsystem looks superbly crafted, very very impressive!

SilentSouth

Post by SilentSouth » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:51 pm

Wolfvuur wrote:I'd like to add:
Like when the blood is on the hand and the hand makes contact with a surface it should

Thats a good idea but i think it would only be neccisarry for footstep stamps, if the character runs through a pool of blood, anything other then that would be tedious or messy in my opinion.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:46 am

SilentSouth wrote:
Wolfvuur wrote:I'd like to add:

Thats a good idea but i think it would only be neccisarry for footstep stamps, if the character runs through a pool of blood, anything other then that would be tedious or messy in my opinion.
You mean something like this?

SilentSouth

Post by SilentSouth » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:13 am

Well i guess its already been implemented then!
I'm pre-ordering this today so i can try all the stuff out myself.

arthuro12

Post by arthuro12 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:20 pm

blood should look a tad darker and a tad transparent though :) especially with fur and cloth

just droppin in ideas

Spiney

Post by Spiney » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:03 pm

arthuro12 wrote:blood should look a tad darker and a tad transparent though especially with fur and cloth
Yup.
Also, opaque phong shaded blood always look a bit off I think. Can't put my finger on it what it is, but it might be the speculars need to be a little grainier. Perhaps also using a fresnel shader effect for cooling down the rim colors would make it look slightly better, something similair to the fur shader bieng used.

arthuro12

Post by arthuro12 » Fri May 06, 2011 9:28 am

Spiney wrote:
arthuro12 wrote:blood should look a tad darker and a tad transparent though especially with fur and cloth
Yup.
Also, opaque phong shaded blood always look a bit off I think. Can't put my finger on it what it is, but it might be the speculars need to be a little grainier. Perhaps also using a fresnel shader effect for cooling down the rim colors would make it look slightly better, something similair to the fur shader bieng used.
this

Jarwa

Post by Jarwa » Thu May 12, 2011 3:36 pm

The current blood system is rather awesome as it is, although a bit blocky on the character. But at the moment blood sprays leave too evenly spaced small spots on the ground. Some variety would make it better. Also if someone kicks you into face (or just smash you up badly) there could be some bleeding from nose or mouth and such. But nothing like what happens currently with the neck. It would be lame to bleed out because of nosebleed. :P

But yeah it might be good to add some gore level settings on the final game then. I prefer the realistic way but not everyone thinks like that I'm sure. :P