2011 Internet Winner

Post by Jacktheawesome » Mon May 16, 2011 9:16 pm

http://dontevenreply.com/index.php
This guy wins the internet. I laughed for hours. :lol:

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Re: 2011 Internet Winner

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon May 16, 2011 10:28 pm

They are mildly humourous, but very clearly contrived. In other words, I don't believe they're genuine conversations that took place.

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Tue May 17, 2011 1:07 am

I've had a go at them before, and I believe I found this one the most outrageously funny:
http://dontevenreply.com/view.php?post=13

kehaar

Post by kehaar » Tue May 17, 2011 1:22 am

They do look a little too perfect to be real, but the apartment floor plan with the pool made me laugh pretty good. :lol:

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Tue May 17, 2011 2:23 am

I'm irritated at the uniformity of them, how every single one has the exact same type of person facing off against him.

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Tue May 17, 2011 12:34 pm

Yeah, I found that, but it's still funny as hell! :lol:

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Tue May 17, 2011 11:13 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:They are mildly humourous, but very clearly contrived. In other words, I don't believe they're genuine conversations that took place.
That is possible, but not definite. Anyways, comedy is comedy, who really cares?

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Wed May 18, 2011 3:56 am

Jacktheawesome wrote:
Renegade_Turner wrote:They are mildly humourous, but very clearly contrived. In other words, I don't believe they're genuine conversations that took place.
That is possible, but not definite. Anyways, comedy is comedy, who really cares?
I care when things purport themselves to be something they aren't. That cheapens it. Why even ask such questions, when the answer is so blatantly clear from my first response?

"who really cares?" is a bit on the upset defensive side.

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Thu May 19, 2011 8:19 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:Why even ask such questions, when the answer is so blatantly clear from my first response?
Merriam-Webster wrote: Rhe*tor*i*cal
employed for rhetorical effect; especially : asked merely for effect with no answer expected <a rhetorical question>
Renegade_Turner wrote:"who really cares?" is a bit on the upset defensive side.
NO! BAD REN! YOU ARE NOT GOING TO GOAD ME INTO A FLAME WAR! :evil:

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu May 19, 2011 8:23 pm

Don't be snide with your dictionary references. Pomposity isn't becoming of you, fellow Forum-goer.

Rhetorical questions are supposed to make sense...or for sarcastic humour...such as "Yeah, but who really watches TV anyway?" if someone points out that something on TV is good, since clearly a lot of people watch TV.

However, saying "Who really cares?" doesn't really work since it's very obvious that someone cares, since the conversation was happening in the first place.

How is it a flame war, exactly? Jesus, don't be so sensitive!

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Thu May 19, 2011 8:30 pm

I never said it was a flame war. i just said you can't goad me into one. You do have a reputation, you know.

"Who really cares?" is a rhetorical question because when I wrote that, I didn't expect someone to pop up and yell "I care!" Obviously, you do care, but I was using the rhetoric to ask if anyone really needs to care.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu May 19, 2011 8:32 pm

Jacktheawesome wrote:I never said it was a flame war. i just said you can't goad me into one. You do have a reputation, you know.

"Who really cares?" is a rhetorical question because when I wrote that, I didn't expect someone to pop up and yell "I care!" Obviously, you do care, but I was using the rhetoric to ask if anyone really needs to care.
No one needs to care about anything. I need air, sustenance, things like that. I don't need cares. I just have them.

I wasn't trying to goad you into a flame war, and still am not. You really are incredibly sensitive and defensive, pal.

What reputation do I have at the moment? As far as I'm aware most people that are regulars on this forum have acknowledged a difference in my demeanour over the past while. You mustn't come here often.

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Thu May 19, 2011 8:52 pm

No one needs to care about anything. I need air, sustenance, things like that. I don't need cares. I just have them.

Waaaay beside the point. Has no one ever said "who cares?" to you before???

I wasn't trying to goad you into a flame war, and still am not.
"who really cares?" is a bit on the upset defensive side.
Jesus, don't be so sensitive!
You really are incredibly sensitive and defensive, pal.
"pal"
:| :roll: mmmmhhmm
What reputation do I have at the moment? As far as I'm aware most people that are regulars on this forum have acknowledged a difference in my demeanour over the past while. You mustn't come here often.
Well it's true you aren't an outright troll anymore, but please. If anyone else had seen what I wrote, they would've just taken it as a normal, harmless post. Perhaps the intent is gone, but the personality is still there.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu May 19, 2011 9:13 pm

Haha, what, saying "pal" is starting a flame war?! Have you gone mad, man?! Apparently you've adopted William Bligh's personality from The Bounty...I was actually saying that in a friendly way!

And as for what other people would do, this has all just been pure banter, half of it is tongue-in-cheek and half-serious...if this is what you call a flame war...

And saying you're being overly sensitive about the whole thing is not trolling or attempting to start a flame war. It's asking you to calm down and accept my statements as they are.

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Thu May 19, 2011 9:34 pm

Okay! If you were seriously saying that in a friendly way then I'm fine! It sounded patronizing to me at the time. And once again, I have seen flame wars, and I would not categorize this as a flame war. No no.
And saying you're being overly sensitive about the whole thing is not trolling or attempting to start a flame war. It's asking you to calm down and accept my statements as they are.
I just don't really understand where the whole sensitive thing comes from. Speaking as a person, not as a wall of text, I do not feel upset emotionally. That is why your constant remarks of "stop being so sensitive" seemed patronizing and possibly trolled, because I didn't think those remarks were warranted. Just to locate all of the catalysts of your "sensitive," or "defensive," remarks, when I first said "who cares?", I meant it rhetorically, and conversationally, not to question the validity of your opinions. When I made the all-caps remark, it was jokingly. I didn't consider it a flame war, and I was not literally yelling at the screen and making a devil face. when I clarified that I didn't say it was a flame war, I just wasn't going to let you goad me into one with what I perceived then as patronizing remarks, I just really don't get how that could be interpreted as sensitivity. I really don't.
I am calm. I am participating in the same discussion as you, with the same level of calmness. I haven't yelled, or started railing at you with ridiculous, ad hominem arguments. The only thing I have discussed is your words, and to a lesser extent, your motives. I don't get that either, why you perceive me as sensitive, defensive, and upset.
Ok, now that I know you are being sincere, I can take your words as they are, without interpreting ulterior motives. Fair point. Can you do the same, and not call me defensive or sensitive every time I disagree with you?