cool suggestions i guess

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
sgt0pimienta

cool suggestions i guess

Post by sgt0pimienta » Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm

well,i thought of some ideas that could make the game look better,or improve its gameplay:

-for the pain animation,and the "protecting from smack"" animation:making more use of the legs,and making characters pain (before death) animation a bit more exagerated,i dont mean to make them vomit and take out their own eyes,just something a bit more real.

blood-hmm,the blood is all well,just a bit excesive,no,im not censoring it,but its a bit too exagerated,well,not exagerated but realistic,its kind of uncomfortable for me,not impresive or anything,but its kind of anoying,maybe a setting to change the blood amount and some stuff.

ranged weapons-i KNOW there will be some,but im talking about bows and crossbows,i think a system like mount & blade's one would fit the gameplay and be VERY cool.

blood splatters on weapons:i knowi said so much blood was anoying,but m just talking about keeping it tasty here,but not as excesive as it already is,again,the mount & blade's blod splatter system is quite good.

rpg stats-probably there are,but i havn't played Lugaru,also,i know its a bit to early for this idea,but rpg game like stats for armor use,weapon use,strenght,jump heights and stuff like that would add to the gameplay very much,specialy if there's a online mode,also,it mixes PERFECTLY with the cat,wolf,bunny and dog characters,making their inicial skills work according to its race.

magic-dont take this one to seriously,maybe would be cool but...meh

Endoperez

Re: cool suggestions i guess

Post by Endoperez » Mon May 23, 2011 12:53 am

The blood is supposed to be realistic. Lugaru already had some pretty painful-looking stuff. Violence doesn't have to be always glorified.

Ranged weapons can be problematic. Many people would like to see them, but I'd rather not see anything long-ranged such as bows or crossbows. Mount & Blade is about mass combat; and one-on-one fights where one has a bow and the other doesn't are very difficult, unless the bowless warrior has either a shield, a horse, or both. Overgrowth won't have horses, and the have been no concept pics of large shields.
Also, Overgrowth's focus will most likely be in melee fighting, and weapons which can kill enemies from afar might switch the focus away from that.

RPG stats would definitely switch the focus away from melee combat. If you can't get past a level, you'd start thinking about your stats and trying to quess which stats would be the most optimal. If there are no stats, you'll instead have to rely on your own skills, and on in-game tactical decisions, such as how to separate the enemies and how to surprise them and how to get the first attack on them.

sgt0pimienta

Post by sgt0pimienta » Mon May 23, 2011 7:17 am

Well,i agree,but ranged weapons wouldnt be unfair because of the speed of the combat,you would have to be very good to hit someone,specialy if they get close.

As for the stats...well,you are right but im not talking about regual stat system,just sometfhing that modifies some specific stats without giving any powers or specific aadvantages,but i suposse hat even that way it would distract players :P

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Mon May 23, 2011 10:37 am

sgt0pimienta wrote:Well,i agree,but ranged weapons wouldnt be unfair because of the speed of the combat,you would have to be very good to hit someone,specialy if they get close.
Well, ranged weapons ensure the first hit against an opponent, and if you're good, that gives you an advantage in the following fight. With something like a bow, you have enough time to shoot the arrow, drop the bow and draw your melee weapon. I'd prefer throwing-range weapons, because throwing away your weapon when the enemy is that close to you means you might easily be screwed if you miss, and it's also easier to limit the amount of ammo available.

Don't feel too bad about my arguments though. There was an unofficial poll about the userbase's opinions on the Secret Preorder Forum; many people would like to see bows and such, so I take every chance I get to preach my own opinions! :lol:

Noz

Post by Noz » Thu May 26, 2011 6:15 pm

RPG stats would make me feel sad inside. The game runs on simplicity for the player and complexity in the environment. If you start adding all sorts of stats and scores, it just muddles up the gameplay taking away the "toy" aspect of the game.
sgt0pimienta wrote: magic-dont take this one to seriously,maybe would be cool but...meh
Nope.

sgt0pimienta

Post by sgt0pimienta » Thu May 26, 2011 10:30 pm

By skills i only meant:

Agi
Health
Str

Still very basic so the toy aspect issnt taken out,you dont even beed to add levels,with soome points at the begning of the game you can build your character and go,no rpg at all