Unable to change difficulty... Really damn annoyed.

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
NeatNit

Unable to change difficulty... Really damn annoyed.

Post by NeatNit » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:32 am

So, I'm stuck in a level with three wolves. When I started the game, I didn't know how hard it would be, but I was given three options: easier, difficult, and insane. I chose difficult, thinking it would be 'medium', playable. I somehow managed to get that far, but god fucking dammit.

I ran a little statistic today. Out of 75 failed attempts since I started counting, I managed to kill one of the three wolves 15 times. Out of those 15 times, I managed to kill another wolf only once. Clearly, this is impossible for me.

Do I seriously have to start all over again to change difficuly?!

Also, if I change resolution and restart the game, completely ignores it and the setting is back to the default crap.

When this game was made, did anyone think about playability?!

Edit: Well, restarted on easier and beat the game... But I have to say, this game completely ruined my birthday.

David
Project Leader

Re: Unable to change difficulty... Really damn annoyed.

Post by David » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:00 pm

Sorry about that, I made that level way too hard.

tannim

Post by tannim » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:45 pm

It IS a hard level, but it's doable. You may want to practice in the challenge levels a bit longer to learn how to block and fight with wolves. You may try Jumping and flipping to confuse the wolves or you could try a semi difficult way of instantly killing one. Sweep the wolf's feet out from under him, crouch with the knife in your hand and attack. If you are lucky, you can stab it and kill it. It can be difficult to aim but can work fine.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:51 pm

change the difficulty in the config, it did say difficult in the description.