Vancouver Riots

Anything else
Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Vancouver Riots

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:03 am

Seriously, fuck EVERYONE who took part in the riots in Vancouver over something as stupid as a hockey game as the catalyst...I've honestly never heard anything more retarded. Also, it's heartwarming to see a few brave people standing up for the city and knocking a few thugs the fuck out:

Credit to the guy in the shorts and black jacket, he's in a few different videos defending different cars and vans and so on.

Also credit to the guy talking on his mobile phone for doing what was needed in hilarious fashion.

m3nace

Re: Vancouver Riots

Post by m3nace » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:08 pm

Well that was fast. It's already down.
edit: found another vid of it

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:27 pm

Riots are exciting.

It's a bit sad that they couldn't find anything better than a hockey match to riot about.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Re:

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:35 pm

Zhukov wrote:It's a bit sad that they couldn't find anything better than a hockey match to riot about.
This.

Removed for shocking content? What?
Last edited by Renegade_Turner on Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:42 pm

I'm gonna just leave this video right here...

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:43 pm

HAHA love that one, he literally doesn't have enough time to say "OW" before it detonates.

I don't understand how some stuff gets ripped off Youtube and some just gets flagged...look at all the failblog compilations featuring far more painful shit than some stupid fucking rioter getting knocked out.

m3nace

Post by m3nace » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:50 pm

I guess they don't pull down the failblog vids because they don't "encourage violence" but rather warns us about doing stupid shit.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:56 pm

Actually, the original video didn't encourage violence, it actually discouraged vandalism/violence/arson. The guy was trying to light the car on fire in that video, and the same day a number of rioters swarmed and kicked the shit out of a guy who was trying to stop people looting a store. The video was justice in a can. No one learns from FailBlog, so your point about that is kind of silly.

m3nace

Post by m3nace » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:22 pm

Of course nobody learns anything off of failblog, however it's not as if it inspires people to do the same. I'd say while this doesn't inspire or motivate stupid nonsensical violence and rioting, it doesn't exactly shed a negative light on vigilantism which may or may not be a good thing. For some it can have fatal consequences if they decide to do justice with their fists rather than phone the cops, except here it's not that much of an option as they probably have their hands full - but it still does inspire vigilantism and violence in that sense.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:42 am

It inspires defending your land by whatever means necessary. There's a distinction between violence in defense of something and violence as the unprovoked aggressor.

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:56 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:fuck EVERYONE who took part in the riots in Vancouver over something as stupid as a hockey game as the catalyst...I've honestly never heard anything more retarded.

Hang on, you live in Ireland right? So you're probably aware of the football hooligans rioting for fuck all reason right?

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:48 pm

Wait a minute...find me an instance of that ever happening in Ireland. In fact, find me an instance of a riot of that scale ever happening ANYWHERE over a football match.

And if it did happen, I'd say that was one of the most retarded things ever too. So what's your point?

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:05 pm

Well here's a video of football riots in Russia though they seem pretty well controlled.

and here's football riots in Italy last year. I think a cop might have been killed there.
and here's a wikipedia article on football hooliganism, with a list of countries and some of their riot type things.

princecinnamonboots

Post by princecinnamonboots » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:01 pm

...That was a pretty cool way to be knocked out.

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:47 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:Wait a minute...find me an instance of that ever happening in Ireland.
I apologise, I should have specified in England
Renegade_Turner wrote:In fact, find me an instance of a riot of that scale ever happening ANYWHERE over a football match.
I never said of that scale, but now you mention it
Small example
Renegade_Turner wrote:And if it did happen, I'd say that was one of the most retarded things ever too. So what's your point?
You just seemed surprised about the rioting over sports outcomes, so I thought I'd mention it.