The Weapon Shop

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Krabman318

Re: The Weapon Shop

Post by Krabman318 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:41 am

Lotus Wolf wrote: ...and I'll get that fireaxe in action.
Many thanks Lotus! :mrgreen:

Jakeukalane

Post by Jakeukalane » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:25 pm

Yes, thank you for the interest!!

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:51 pm

Well, I haven't gotten any work on any weapons done, and the computer I've been working with for a while decided to die... Anyway I'm sorry I haven't created any weapons, and for a long time too... I'm very busy with midterms coming. That said, my next topic might not fair too well...

Anyway, I've reached a point in my life where I need to start thinking about ways of generating some sort of income. You may notice a new button on the weapon shop site, a paypal donate button. As one of the many things I'll do in my lifetime to generate income I'll now accept donations.

Please don't misunderstand, I'm not asking anyone to pay me. Creating mods for Lugaru, and probably OG in the future, is a running hobby of mine and I wouldn't ask anyone to pay me in order to do it. I'll always update the site with new weapons/mods (when I have time) regardless of whether or not I'm receiving donations.

I'm interested in hearing opinions about this. Some might feel it's unethical asking for donations that don't go to a larger cause, however, others might commend me for finding a way to turn my hobby into something useful and motivational.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:58 pm

It's fair to ask for donations. It's your prerogative. I don't see any problem with it.

Don't expect too much though, the PayPal button thing rarely works out. I've heard stories from people who couldn't even pay a candybar with donations money after half a year who ran sites that attracted enough attention to suggest otherwise.

Anyway, my position is "why not?".

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:11 pm

Why not indeed. I suppose that's how I'm feeling about it, it's definitely not my only form of income.

Krabman318

Post by Krabman318 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:02 am

Do you want donations as your only method to generate income with your site?
Last edited by Krabman318 on Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Wed May 11, 2011 3:29 am

I don't want to host ads on a site dedicated to a hobby of mine, seems wrong to do that to Lugaru-related content.

Anyways, my semester is almost over and I'll have lots of free time to make sharp objects and stick them in bunnies. The Blender people actually gave the interface a full overhaul, and it's all shiny and clean. I don't like that. What I liked about Blender was that it's interface wasn't tightly-packed and complicated. Since my new install of Blender may take some getting used to, I'll write that modelling tutorial after I've got everything down and there's no more school to worry about.

One other thing, I can't figure out how to get scripts working with the new version of Blender. Rudel, help! I can't get your scripts going!

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Wed May 11, 2011 3:09 pm

Blender's Python API has changed significantly, I'd have to rewrite the converters. I have that on my list of things to do, but haven't gotten around to it yet and it'll take me some time until I do, sorry.

I've kept a 2.49 copy on my drive because of this. What you could do until I've rewritten the converters is exporting from 2.5x, then importing to 2.49, then using the 2.49 converters. I would recommend the COLLADA format for the transfer.

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Tue May 17, 2011 6:55 pm

Yes, COLLADA's good stuff. I was thinking about going back to 4.49 altogether. The 2.5 interface is grotesque.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Tue May 17, 2011 9:57 pm

Yeah, the switch doesn't only carry the burden of having to recode plugins, but also relearning the interface. I wouldn't have been so drastic if I were the one calling the shots. But on the other hand, it's nice that they can turn that software around like that, and be successful.

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Mon May 30, 2011 8:34 pm

Indeed... I'm still fiddling around and learning the new interface.

Jendraz

Post by Jendraz » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:06 pm

Three years and 76 pages later...this thread is still going. I think I called it Lotus's fortress once? What is is now? o_O

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:58 pm

More of an oubliette...

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:39 pm

Lotus Wolf wrote:More of an oubliette...
Only if oubliettes are filled with treasure beyond your wildest imagination...

cooldude

Post by cooldude » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:04 am

Not sure if this is any good but you can try it out. The copyright is free so you can do whatever you want with it

it just uses the normal texture

I was also wondering how you make textures to fit your blender solids
Attachments
Club.zip
Club solid and blender file
(49.22 KiB) Downloaded 537 times