What class would you take?

Anything else
Assaultman67

What class would you take?

Post by Assaultman67 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:04 pm

So I have a question to ask you guys ...

last spring I was signing up for classes for my last semester of college and I realized that i am actually 3 credit hours shy of being considered a full time student, however I already have all the classes I need to graduate. If the choice were up to me I would simply take just 9 credit hours my last semester and leave it at that. This is not an option however because i need at least 12 credit hours to be considered a full time student and get tuition remission (they pay for 1/2 of my classes).

This means that it would actually be CHEAPER for me to take 12 credit hours than it would be to take 9.

Also my parents health insurance still applies to me if im a full time student. (12 credit hours)

This presents a unique opportunity to me because I can basically pick WHATEVER class I want that doesn't require prerequesites I dont have and fits my existing schedule. Not just a class that applies to my degree.

I've thought about a P.E. Class, Military history classes, Art Classes, agriculture classes, etc. etc.

So it all boils to I need to take an easy 2-3 credit hour college class ... Does anyone have some suggestions? Something easy would be nice since I'm taking 3 high-level, very time consuming, engineering classes next fall.

Honestly, just telling me what classes you guys would like to take would probably help me out too.

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:30 am

Rather hard to say, since I have no idea what your college offers or what your interests are.

However, I once found myself in a similar position in regards to university classes. I ended up taking a course in Philosophy of Ethics. It was easily the most fun I've ever had in a classroom*.

But that's just me. Like I said, I have no idea what sort of stuff you're interested in.

*Well, except for that one time a student brought a live wombat into a government tutorial. But that was a one-off.

Assaultman67

Re: What class would you take?

Post by Assaultman67 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:58 am

three language classes? that's not easy at all :cry:

also i need 3 credit hours ... most classes give you 3 credit hours, but they can vary depending on

This is basically all the classes I can take.

The options you would need to choose are University of Nebraska-Lincoln and Fall 2011.

Everything else is pretty much up to me/you

johndh

Post by johndh » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:31 pm

In my experience, language classes have generally a disproportionately high workload compared to their levels and credit hours, so I would not recommend that (as endlessly useful as it would be). Philosophy could be a good way to go, or Intercultural Communication if you have the prereqs. It's always good to know about the world you live in, and you never know what you might learn.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:21 pm

I'd take the Recon class, you get the sniper rifle with that class so you can just jet-pack up to some steel girder on some decrepit structure in the wasteland and pick off your enemies easily. It's some craic.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:53 pm

The alpha troll strikes again!

Also, Medic is clearly better. Light machine-guns are strong, fire fast, and are accurate even at long ranges, which makes you the ultimate anti-infantry player, plus, you can heal yourself, and you rake up a buttload of points reviving friendlies.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:56 pm

Nah, medic's weak as hell, all he's got is that little syringe gun, go with the demo man, practically broken with the head hunting.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:25 am

I'm not sure if I used the right settings, since I found some rather weird courses ( ADVANCED MS/DOS :shock: Is this 1991 or what?)...

I assume you haven't taken Drawing II (202)? That's a requirement for Life Drawing course, and life drawing would be awesome.

You have Dance classes in there. Look through them to see if there's anything interesting.

There under Leadership courses under Military Science.

Under Physical Ed, you have Scuba diving course.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:47 am

Ragdollmaster wrote:The alpha troll strikes again!

Also, Medic is clearly better. Light machine-guns are strong, fire fast, and are accurate even at long ranges, which makes you the ultimate anti-infantry player, plus, you can heal yourself, and you rake up a buttload of points reviving friendlies.
How was that me trolling? You're particularly confused.

Anyway, medics don't have LMG's, they have various poisonous toxins they can inflict on enemies though. They're generally equipped with an SMG, a medium-range rifle and a side-arm.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:55 am

:roll:

I'm also fairly certain at this point that we're all referencing different games. I know Roland's talking about TF2, but I haven't a clue what R_T's going on about.

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:14 am

I think he's referring to Star Wars Battlegrounds and Monday Night Combat,

That's kind of a stab in the dark though, since I haven't played either game.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:19 pm

Excellent.

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:01 pm

I'm thinking about simply taking a class with alot of girls in it :lol: ... well except women's studies ... because they would be total bitches to me. :lol:

So probabilistically speaking, something with a low amount of math and science. (sorry girls, but its true :cry: )

Also it would be nice if the classes were either smaller than auditorium sized or a completely packed auditorium.

People tend to spread out in auditoriums and you would probably be considered creepy sitting next to people and chatting with them. :? (so something extremely popular, or not very popular at all)

basically I want the ULTIMATE blowoff class + chicks ... there just aren't that many in engineering majors ... its like 96% guys. The entire engineering building is a sausage fest.
johndh wrote:In my experience, language classes have generally a disproportionately high workload compared to their levels and credit hours, so I would not recommend that (as endlessly useful as it would be). Philosophy could be a good way to go, or Intercultural Communication if you have the prereqs. It's always good to know about the world you live in, and you never know what you might learn.
I can't help but wonder if that is a stab at the way I post. :lol:
Zhukov wrote:I think he's referring to Star Wars Battlegrounds and Monday Night Combat,

That's kind of a stab in the dark though, since I haven't played either game.
Why the hell are you stabbing in the dark?!?!? There could be children in there! :shock: ... although probably creepy ones :?

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:15 am

You massive pervert! :P

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:23 am

Take Philosophy 101. Awesome class. Yeah. You sit in this giant auditorium while the professor talks for two hours. And you take tests. And then he talks some more while you take notes Then you take more tests. I dropped the class the first day, that's how awesome it is.