FIXES: Humble Bundle on Ubuntu 9.10 64 bit

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Wilbefast
Location: In a sealed box shielded against environmentally induced quantum decoherence

Re: FIXES: Humble Bundle on Ubuntu 9.10 64 bit

Post by Wilbefast » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:13 am

Are you running the binary from the gish directory? If the working directory isn't correct then the program won't be able to locate resources correctly.

mgol

Post by mgol » Sat May 07, 2011 6:52 am

Wilbefast wrote:Bad idea: some applications can't do without pulseaudio, for example Skype.
That's not true (and never was). Skype just doesn't display other options as long as it detects presence of PulseAudio. I run Ubuntu with ALSA and I had to configure some things but now it works. Here are instructions to make it work:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p= ... tcount=146

Wilbefast
Location: In a sealed box shielded against environmentally induced quantum decoherence

Post by Wilbefast » Sun May 08, 2011 3:14 am

mgol wrote:
Wilbefast wrote:Bad idea: some applications can't do without pulseaudio, for example Skype.
That's not true (and never was). Skype just doesn't display other options as long as it detects presence of PulseAudio. I run Ubuntu with ALSA and I had to configure some things but now it works. Here are instructions to make it work:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p= ... tcount=146
It's been a while since I tried, but maybe I should give purging pulseaudio another try - thanks for the link :wink:
In fact most of the problems I was experiencing (with just about everything) were solved by switching to from 64- to 32 bit. Seems like a shame though :|

Currently on Ubuntu 10.10 x86, I actually switched because I couldn't get sound working on any of the new Humble Bundle games. Not altogether impressed by either of them though: if you've seeN Alien or played Doom 3 or Half Life or *shock then Shadowgrounds' whole setup will come across as painfully generic.
Trine, meanwhile, is not well optimised for PCs. I remember trying to run it on Windows ages ago: the game was system-hog even on minimum quality, and it's just as bad Linux :cry:

wangzp

Post by wangzp » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:25 pm

Installed with DEB file, works perfectly.

SKWLK

Post by SKWLK » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:29 am

Great post man! :)

krysta68

Post by krysta68 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:13 am

Thank you very much, your solution and advice worked and helped me!!!