underthedeep

Re: Fan Art

Post by underthedeep » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:39 pm

i'm sorry but that just looks odd....

A for effort though.

Fidchell

Post by Fidchell » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:59 pm

So I watched this movie recently where I was presented with a very interesting concept. The main baddie had extremely powerful exoskeleton-like armor sewn onto his flesh. I tried to recreate this in evil bunny form. And tonfa-blade things!

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:40 pm

It's awesome, but it raises so many strange questions:
What is this...?
I don't even?
Scawwy?

Edit: Oops, forgot to mention that is was awesome.

Mr.tuxedo

Post by Mr.tuxedo » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:27 am

I noticed there wasn't alot of fan art about the games UI so I thought once you select a race to play or a campaign it should zoom down to eye level.
This is a picture of someone standing in a wheat field looking down a road into the fertile valley right after sunset waiting to do a night mission. And the red squigglie symbols would be like a level select.
I didnt add a character becuse it didn't seem to fit in.
Attachments
scene.png

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:38 pm

Cool idea. I know Aubrey has made a concept of the island thing, but maybe this could be what appears after you select one of the main areas on the map. It would be cool to see the island, then zoom down on a desert, and see this sort of screen. Or maybe another tier in between the eye-level UI and the island where you can access different portions of a region. I dunno, but this is a cool picture-idea combo none-the-less.

HiNathan

Post by HiNathan » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:48 am

Here's a puppy I painted...with muscles! I was going to do more to it (like root armor) but decided just to finish it here.

For Aubrey's island concept - I'm also hoping that we'll be able to zoom when there is a selection to show more detail. I know his was a 3d model but maybe he could switch between the 3d island and zoomed in paintings. Hopefully he'll return to working on that soon.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:02 am

Interesting design for the sword, and nice pose. It looks like the pose is inspired by some Chinese sword form, especially the right hand. The sword's grip is unique though, and it looks like the sword could be used for some really powerful slashes when it's held like that.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:06 pm

Uh oh, here he goes. Not gonna derail the fanart thread with awesome pictures of swords are you, Endo?
But I really like the picture too. Needless to say, the painting is all very good. I also immediately got a 'Chinese form' vibe from it. Not being an expert on Chinese swordsmanship, I can't elaborate, but it's an awesome feeling to get from this picture. I also like that this dog's design; it's rather different from what we've seen in Aubrey's concept art. Much more earthy and natural than the industrious dogs we've seen so far, and it's a very cool thing as well.

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:09 pm

Very good overall, but I think my favorite part is the posture. You really make him come to life; he seems like he's in the midst of motion.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:25 pm

'tis quite good, time for me to be a debbie downer and say that I prefer european styles by far.

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:10 pm

Leave. Leave now.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:17 am

Count Roland wrote:'tis quite good, time for me to be a debbie downer and say that I prefer european styles by far.
You're doing it wrong. If you like the image, you should encourage the artist to draw more images. If you would prefer to see different things, you can suggest them, but it's not wrong to draw things that aren't the thing that you like best.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:33 pm

Endoperez wrote:--but it's not wrong to draw things that aren't the thing that you like best.
Yes it is. It's very wrong.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:30 pm

of course he should draw more, everybody should draw more.