Animal ideas for overgrowth

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
hihohe

Re: Animal ideas for overgrowth

Post by hihohe » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:13 pm

I thought the Goats could be a medieval serf-like culture, with kings and feuds and such.
They would live in the mountains. They would be great at standing on sheer cliffs.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:50 pm

Yes, I think that fits them well. Goats are next on my list after I finish Konoko and make more progress on the mount.

hihohe

Post by hihohe » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:40 pm

I am thinking of posting more for them, would that go here or in the fan art section?
Like clothes and armor?

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:08 am

I'd do them here since they're conceptual and the fan art thread. It sort of fits in both places.

hihohe

Post by hihohe » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:55 pm

And some of their clothes.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:24 pm

I'm really digging the entire concept behind them. More Renaissancey than the stock OG characters and it's just plain awesome. This clothes one is cool too.

hihohe

Post by hihohe » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:52 pm

I put an army in this one

bujuman

Post by bujuman » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:22 pm

Ohh, goats! They seem nice but i feel bad for them missing their front hooves. Maybe their hands would be their front hooves, like rock hard hands to make rock hard fists. They should probably be the masters of fist fighting!

EDIT: Here is what im going to write for goats. Do you like it?

4. Goats - These guys are masters at fighting because of their rock hard hooves and horns, they always use them to their advantage, with devastating punches, kicks, and headbutts. Also instead of having front hooves they have rock hard hoove hands, because how can they seriously defend themselfs using only their hooves? Come on!

And i am also thinking about clan sections.

Like cats like tigers, leopards, pumas, lions, and those little domestic cats, etc.

Goats should be with other hooved animals like deer, antelopes, horses, zebras, buffaloes, cows etc.

wideeyedsmiles

Post by wideeyedsmiles » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:30 pm

Cheetahs, very close to what the cat models would be, maybe stretched some to be taller with longer limbs and different fur of course. But really, that's screaming an exotic warrior paid to hunt you down! Quicker attacks and longer reach would make you use the counters and counter counters extra fast, honing the players response time and skills, equals a wicked boss fight.

Besides.. tell me you can't say no to that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2btR9rAc ... r_embedded#!

Just look at his little face. ^^

bujuman

Post by bujuman » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:55 pm

wideeyedsmiles wrote:Cheetahs, very close to what the cat models would be, maybe stretched some to be taller with longer limbs and different fur of course. But really, that's screaming an exotic warrior paid to hunt you down! Quicker attacks and longer reach would make you use the counters and counter counters extra fast, honing the players response time and skills, equals a wicked boss fight.

Besides.. tell me you can't say no to that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2btR9rAc ... r_embedded#!

Just look at his little face. ^^
That is is bit overpowered, but i dont mind the counter attacks, speed, fur. :)

kayosiii

Post by kayosiii » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:51 pm

I humbly submit the giant anteater as an Animal race you can see footage of one in combat mode here [4 minutes in].

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yTBIw0k3sY

ShinyGem

Post by ShinyGem » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:33 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oT-Ywtf23ho <-- Goats would be the best on mountainous terrains, the fastest climbers, and would take half fall damage as well. Goats are beasts, no doubt.

Kitsuni

Post by Kitsuni » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:03 am

I just learned about the game and instantly fell in love, but I have yet to find anything saying foxes will be in the game. =( I saw a video of one but i think it was just a reskinned wolf model. They should be lean as the rabbit instead of bulky like the wolf.

Also trying to think of the best way to put my ideas on it is not easy when I've been awake for 16 hours.. <.<

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:44 pm

Haha, my fox is actually a bit of a "Dr. Korban-steins Monster". I made him by cutting off the newer rabbit model's head and tail and transplanting the wolf head and tail to it, scaled down. I did a few small structure changes to the face, but I derped it hardcore and couldn't do to much with it because the mouth was all funky. Feel so silly, in hindsight, for using the closed mouth model.
:iconfacepalmplz:

Monkeyy

Post by Monkeyy » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:04 am

Most of these ideas are so outrageous :']

The goats seem pretty cool and well thought out though. The bears are a nice thought and some great progress is being made on them already!

The only other idea that takes my eye is the large bird mounts. I don't think we should be able to fly but what is the point in a mount? Is it even faster than Turner already is?

Foxes, squirrels etc are all no doubt going to end up modded in I think. A veritable Redwall of creatures!