Steve Job's death

Anything else
Assaultman67

Re: Steve Job's death

Post by Assaultman67 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:42 pm

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:56 pm

Hahahaha, that's the kind of guy I'd like to be, I've never understood this philanthropic urge people seem to get as soon as they have enough money to do basically anything they want to.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:12 pm

You'd fool around and then ignore the consequences despite having the luxury of wealth and comfort to provide your child with? That's the type of person you'd like to be? Or did you just read philanthropy and automatically go "LOL FUCK PHILANTHROPY".

And it's very rare that people get "philanthropic urge" when they acquire a hefty bank balance. I think you'll find it's a rare virtue...and anyone who holds it is an exception to the unfortunate rule, in my eyes. Wealth not shared is wealth not enjoyed.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:17 pm

I'd like to be able to, the not taking care of your child thing is a bit ridiculous though as that's as close as you can get to immortality. i'd like to be like him though, I think it's because he was the way he was that he became as successful as he did.

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:44 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:.... And it's very rare that people get "philanthropic urge" when they acquire a hefty bank balance. I think you'll find it's a rare virtue...and anyone who holds it is an exception to the unfortunate rule, in my eyes. Wealth not shared is wealth not enjoyed.

Agreed, the reason they got rich in the first place is very likely to the fact that they were so cutthroat ruthless when it came to money or simply very conservative with spending and intelligent enough to invest it.

That trait doesn't tend to miraculously change.

I personally think that rich people who do engage in philanthropy are simply trying to buy "popular prestige" (another form of intangible wealth)

Gifted

Post by Gifted » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:32 am

Assaultman67 wrote:
Renegade_Turner wrote:.... And it's very rare that people get "philanthropic urge" when they acquire a hefty bank balance. I think you'll find it's a rare virtue...and anyone who holds it is an exception to the unfortunate rule, in my eyes. Wealth not shared is wealth not enjoyed.

Agreed, the reason they got rich in the first place is very likely to the fact that they were so cutthroat ruthless when it came to money or simply very conservative with spending and intelligent enough to invest it.

That trait doesn't tend to miraculously change.

I personally think that rich people who do engage in philanthropy are simply trying to buy "popular prestige" (another form of intangible wealth)

LOL

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:44 am

Of course it's because of the way he was that he became known...but that's it, people make him out to be this great innovator but he wasn't even the one behind the technology, it was some other guy. And people say it's a shame he's dead. Better people die all the time and no one gives a shit, it's just because this prick was the face of a company that made a nice little MP3 player.