Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
ShinyGem

Re: Can't run OverGrowth

Post by ShinyGem » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:49 pm

Aye, off with the nay sayers' heads!

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:06 pm

Arr. The green lad be thinkin' the roight idear. Ye take it er leave it if ye be wantin' assisstance without 'aving paid.
I believe I'll speaks meself loike this from now on. Ar har har, ye lilly livers! No more be I 'Lord of All Existence'. I be Korban, Scourge of the Wolfire Sea! May all ye land lubbers and yellow-bellied dogs fear the very fall o' me boot and drop o' me cover! Ye'll all be shakin' in yer buckl'd loafers and knit stockings before the week be through.

mindtrixx

Post by mindtrixx » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:00 am

Go to Owner(orwhateveryounamedyourPC)/Documents/Wolfire/Overgrowth/Data/Config and make "editor mode" True

I also pirated the alpha, will be getting this game real soon on my bday nov28th! :3

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:20 pm

Don't post help on this forum. Because it's open any pirate can get on here and receive assistance running OG. I can understand helping pirates that will buy the game and spread the word, but some won't.

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:25 pm

No quarter hearties!

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:31 pm

Ar, we be forcin' ye cowards off the plank. I hope ye be able to swim or ye be learnin' roight quick.

steinolav1

Post by steinolav1 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:40 am

My overgrowth also crashes :( I start the game and choose a map. And it starts to load the map, everything works until loading sounds and music D: It stops and the computer makes a "KRRRR..." kind off sound. And then it just crashes :( i have uninstalled it many times but it doesnt work D:

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:31 am

steinolav1, please post help requests in the secret preorder forums right here: viewforum.php?f=13

Facepalm71

Post by Facepalm71 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:13 am

I've purchased the game, and am trying to run it on Win7 64-bit.
My video card is an ATI Radeon 6670.
Whenever I open overgrowth.exe, two windows pop up, one named overgrowth and the other Phoenix.
The Phoenix window simply goes unresponsive and nothing happens.
Also to the people complaining about pirating, get over it, I can understand why people would pirate this, and I am not against the ones who pirate then buy.

kamiledi15

Post by kamiledi15 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:07 am

So, nobody knows the solution? I tried two alphas: first alpha 146. It got to the main menu, but when i choosed a map a lot of things started to load and the game crashes while loading hotspots. It happens on every map and I can't start the game. Then I tried alpha 158, but it's even worse: all I can see is black dos window with text: "Output dump file", then it closes immediately and I can't even get to the menu in this version. My pc specs: Processor: AMD Athlon(tm)64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+, MMX, 3dNow (2 CPUs), WinXP SP3, 3584 mb RAM, DirectX 9.0c, Nvidia Geforce 9600GT, 100 GB HDD. Why I can't start the game?

last

Post by last » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:20 am

kamiledi15 wrote:So, nobody knows the solution? I tried two alphas: first alpha 146. It got to the main menu, but when i choosed a map a lot of things started to load and the game crashes while loading hotspots. It happens on every map and I can't start the game. Then I tried alpha 158, but it's even worse: all I can see is black dos window with text: "Output dump file", then it closes immediately and I can't even get to the menu in this version. My pc specs: Processor: AMD Athlon(tm)64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+, MMX, 3dNow (2 CPUs), WinXP SP3, 3584 mb RAM, DirectX 9.0c, Nvidia Geforce 9600GT, 100 GB HDD. Why I can't start the game?
I can help you but don't get it wrong.
First you have to get some money.
After that preorder the game
and when it still don't work ask for help in the SPF forum
and when you still don't get it working you have 3 options
1 ask your money back
2 wait until the game is more optimized
3 update your computer

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:48 pm

kamiledi15 wrote:So, nobody knows the solution? I tried two alphas: first alpha 146. It got to the main menu, but when i choosed a map a lot of things started to load and the game crashes while loading hotspots. It happens on every map and I can't start the game. Then I tried alpha 158, but it's even worse: all I can see is black dos window with text: "Output dump file", then it closes immediately and I can't even get to the menu in this version. My pc specs: Processor: AMD Athlon(tm)64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+, MMX, 3dNow (2 CPUs), WinXP SP3, 3584 mb RAM, DirectX 9.0c, Nvidia Geforce 9600GT, 100 GB HDD. Why I can't start the game?
Nobody's going to give you the solution until you preorder. You may just be trying it until you get money, or you may not, but either way, we're not going to give pirates tech support.

Enod

Post by Enod » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:59 pm

Ragdollmaster wrote:Because it's more convenient than buying it and going through the process of a refund. I'm not advocating it, mind, I'm just explaining the rationale behind it, it's just the choice between taking the time to fill out an order form and then getting your money back if you're not satisfied with the product versus clicking a button on Pirate Bay :P
few things wrong with that...

1: downloading it from here is much safer and 100% no virus/spyware/malware

2: your giving money to those people who made the game so they can continue to get there coffee and new tech. and pay there emps.

3: if your going to pirate it, why come on the forums asking for help

my suggestion....buy the game then ask for help at the contact page

mnxoid

Post by mnxoid » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:55 am

Excuse me.Maybe it's only my opinion, but you guys are really mean.
Not all people are able to pay for a game. In my country, 30$ is a lot but I still want to play the game.

ATTENTION HERE!
For those, who click on the launcher and get no results, you may have a problem with some libraries not installed.
Run the launcher in terminal.
[spoiler=]mnxoid@mnxoid-Vostro-1540:~/.games/Overgrowth$ ./Overgrowth.bin.x86
./Overgrowth.bin.x86: error while loading shared libraries: libfreeimage.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
mnxoid@mnxoid-Vostro-1540:~/.games/Overgrowth$ sudo apt-get install libfreeimage-dev
mnxoid@mnxoid-Vostro-1540:~/.games/Overgrowth$ ./Overgrowth.bin.x86
./Overgrowth.bin.x86: error while loading shared libraries: libalut.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
mnxoid@mnxoid-Vostro-1540:~/.games/Overgrowth$ sudo apt-get install libalut-dev

after these manipulations my copy of the game worked...
this may be your case or not..I don't guarantee anything.
[/spoiler]
P.S. Long live piracy!

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:11 am

You'll fit in just fine here.