WingedPuma Games - Makin' Games and Stuff

Anything else
underthedeep

Re: Dominance Development

Post by underthedeep » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:02 pm

Dear Korban Dallas,

i just got parallels on my computer, i will try out dominance when i get home from work.

love,
the creature from under the deep.

Jazzmutant

Post by Jazzmutant » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:33 pm

underthedeep wrote: i just got parallels on my computer, i will try out dominance when i get home from work.
You, sir, should be using Bootcamp.

underthedeep

Post by underthedeep » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:24 pm

Jazzmutant wrote: You, sir, should be using Bootcamp.
i WAS using bootcamp, but then i collapsed that partition after i stopped using it. when i decided to use it again i went through the proper procedures, but now for some reason when i try to install my LEGIT windows xp sp3 cd it says "no bootable device found". it's pretty lame, actually it's SO lame that i have to hold alt when starting my computer to select which partition to use even when there is only ONE partition on my laptop!!!! otherwise it takes me to the black screen that says "no bootable device found"..... so i just run parallels now.

and honestly i kind of like it, saves me the time instead of restarting my computer every time i need to use windows for a second. i don't run anything crazy on it anyways just small games like ragnarok and LoL.

plus it's not like i paid for it anyways, fuck it.

Jazzmutant

Post by Jazzmutant » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:36 pm

Indeed, parallels is very convenient. That's wild you have to hold alt each time you start up your computer and there's only one partition.... But yeah, convenience is key, and parallels is a godsend if you're only using windows for minor applications. I'm always doing some "serious" gaming or designing, so I'm always in my Windows partition. It's like I don't even have a mac...

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:58 pm

underthedeep wrote:
[+] snip
Jazzmutant wrote: You, sir, should be using Bootcamp.
i WAS using bootcamp, but then i collapsed that partition after i stopped using it. when i decided to use it again i went through the proper procedures, but now for some reason when i try to install my LEGIT windows xp sp3 cd it says "no bootable device found".
it's pretty lame, actually it's SO lame that i have to hold alt when starting my computer to select which partition to use even when there is only ONE partition on my laptop!!!!
[+] snip
otherwise it takes me to the black screen that says "no bootable device found"..... so i just run parallels now.

and honestly i kind of like it, saves me the time instead of restarting my computer every time i need to use windows for a second. i don't run anything crazy on it anyways just small games like ragnarok and LoL.

plus it's not like i paid for it anyways, fuck it.
You should set your startup disk in system preferences. That should stop this from happening.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:34 pm

Ok, so I'm going to upload the third alpha of Dominance very soon. It has some new clothing assets and functional buttons as well as being able to multiple character and collision boxes via a single .xml file.
This will benchmark the end of Windows-only Dominance. The next section of development will be me porting the 1300 some odd lines to work in a Mac and Linux environment. After that, I'm thinking about either starting on combat or doing the climbing system. Or maybe writing a better method for defining animations... We'll see when the time comes.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:14 am

Alright, here it is.
Dominance Alpha #3:
http://wingedpuma.wordpress.com/2012/02 ... e-alpha-3/

And the journal entries that are clones of said blog post:
http://korban3.deviantart.com/journal/D ... -287435041
http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/3216203/

So that's it for a little while. It might take me a bit to get it ported, so we'll see how it goes. Hopefully, this will be relatively quick and painless.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:19 am

Ok, found out a while back that getting Dominance cross-platform was so uber over my head that I'd probably be working on it for months before I could get it even close. I wish I could, but I won't be able to. Yet. Although it'll only be harder later on, once the game gets larger and larger.

To make up for it (At least a little. Sorry underthedeep) I started on combat. It is now possible to die into a pile of gore, which renders the character incapable of doing anything other than fall.

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:19 pm

Well, that's unrealistic. Most piles of gore can do lot's of things, like make coffee, or open closets.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:23 pm

coffee_gorepile.png
closet_gorepile.png
closet_gorepile.png (150.17 KiB) Viewed 10102 times
Now, I have the oddest urge to create Gore Pile as a playable character.

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:09 pm

It could be a special power that lets you slide through cracks, make coffee, and open closets! Its GENIUS!

I would expect nothing less from the Skull Penis Genius himself. Gu-job.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:12 pm

Jesus, had to bring that up, right? Haha, man I love this forum.

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:13 pm

And I love your mother, and you too son.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:25 pm

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:34 am

Ker- 3AM ALPHA DROP!
http://www.wingedpuma.wordpress.com

If you haven't tried this game yet, barring your OS isn't capable of running it (Sorry, dontkillmeplease), then this is probably the alpha to hop on board with. Things are finally getting interesting.
The STEM Challenge thing is going on and I decided, about 3 or 4 moths ago, that I would enter Dominance into it and subequently forgot about the entire thing. 2 days ago, I learn that the dead line is today. Well crap. My animation system was broken and all sorts of craziness. Well, it is 3am, I did do a lot of work and now we have some bad assery to show for it.
This alpha includes a background image, a VSync setting in the level XML, combat, killing, a reworked animation system that is easier for me to use, two more sprite images that are used, a bigger GUI cursor. Like, oh my god, wut am I doing up right now? I'm tired, and hungry, and my brain is scrambled, and I have to go do an IST this evening for Staff Sergeant Wallace, who is intimidating. And then go to Band camp. Gonna play dodgeball all weekend, but this has been a crazy two days.
Anyways... the game. Go get it. NAO.